PDA

View Full Version : Snoop - Dead Man Walkin'

hide1998
06-02-2007, 02:05 AM
Sup all. I saw this album mentioned in another thread. Since Snoop dropped a very solid album not too long ago (The Blue Carpet Treatment), where would you rank Suge Knight's release "Dead Man Walkin'" within Snoops catalog? I'm curious as to how everyone else feels it stacks up after all these years.

Peace.

whitey
06-02-2007, 02:52 AM
also curious, ive been trying to find this. ive heard its unreleased stuff from his early days. no doubt his best days. anyone heard it?

hide1998
06-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Yes it's unreleased stuff from his Death Row days. I have it, it's decent, though if compared to his other Death Row releases, I still prefer 'Doggystyle' and 'The Dogfather' which is a no-brainer, though the CD is decent; it's def. better than some of his other unmentionable albums that I now use as a coaster for drinks.

I can't really give a whole lot of insight for the fact it's pretty self-explanatory......if u like Death Row sounding Snoop, then you'll prob. like it.

That's actually how I feel about it moreorless. I bought the album a few years back after avoiding since "Snoop doesn't want you to hear this."

I'd rank it like this..

1. Doggystyle
2. Topp Dogg
3. Last Meal
4. Doggfather
5. Blue Carpet Treatment
6. Deadman Walking

I guess I'm in the minority (since more often than not I hear people talk about how everything Snoop has released is garbage except for Doggystyle), but all 6 of those CDs are pretty good to me.

GSTYLE
06-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Dead Man Walking is basically leftovers from his Doggfather album, so treat it as such. Its ok, nothing special. If your a die-hard Snoop fan you will like it, if not you will find it boring.

venex
06-03-2007, 05:39 AM
crazy...i just had a ride with my bike..listening to "doggystyle"... it has a great summervibe..

peace!