PDA

View Full Version : what do you conisder real hip-hop

iNtell3kT
07-25-2005, 11:01 PM
sence everyones always arguing on whats real and not, even tho what they might consider real and someone else dont, that shit is real to them, ya know, regradless, if its real to them, let em be, all that bullshitin and clalin people wack needs to stop period, its like u guys have no maturity.....

so list what artists of whatever generas are real...

Bone Collecta
07-25-2005, 11:14 PM
there is no such thing

Godess
07-25-2005, 11:24 PM
There is nothing to argue about. Real is real, fake is fake.
How do you know? I don't know.

You just know, or you don't.

iNtell3kT
07-25-2005, 11:47 PM
my point exactly

ThaHed
07-25-2005, 11:48 PM
to each is own.

iNtell3kT
07-25-2005, 11:51 PM
to each is own.yeh thats what im tryin to say...lol
so what do u think, when u see some1 puttin some1 else down cause of what artist they listen to?

tical2000
07-26-2005, 12:00 AM
There is nothing to argue about. Real is real, fake is fake.
How do you know? I don't know.

You just know, or you don't.
Yep

ThaHed
07-26-2005, 12:01 AM
yeh thats what im tryin to say...lol
so what do u think, when u see some1 puttin some1 else down cause of what artist they listen to?
people always say the south aint real hip hop but thats because you dont even listen to the south (the good artists of the south)

Godess
07-26-2005, 12:05 AM
You are fake Intellekt.

I am real.

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:07 AM
people always say the south aint real hip hop but thats because you dont even listen to the south (the good artists of the south)right! great example.....

and i like 50 and Lloyd Banks out the G-Unit camp and Game too, imo, they're pretty real, makin money and doing their thing, thats what i think makes a person real is that ehy're doing them, AND they have Emienm and Dr. Dre behind his back too......that shit is sick

Godess
07-26-2005, 12:08 AM
blablabla

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:09 AM
blablablaif u have a problem or an issue, its not my fault..so move on

Godess
07-26-2005, 12:12 AM
bla

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:13 AM
blafine you win.....now shut the fuck up already

Godess
07-26-2005, 12:14 AM
I always win, and you always lose..

Robert
07-26-2005, 12:17 AM
Real rappers are ones who represent themselves truthfully to the people, through there lyrical content and style, don't pretend to be something they aint, spit shit that they themselves believe and that many people can feel plus they don't rap shit they don't believe just fo a buck.

This doesn't mean you can't be commercial (2pac was as real as it gets) but it does mean you can't rep shit you didn't do or don't really believe.

Real rappers out there are the wu in particular the gza, jedi mind, nas, gangstarr, pac, mos def, kweli, de la, etc.

That's a tough question man. So fucking subjective.

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:18 AM
I always win, and you always lose..what r u winning? are u creating a tantrum to get over on me? your sad........there is nothing to win or lose by arguing

and Wu-Matic, i agree, but the realest sometimes do get swayed......Jadakiss, Meth, Ghost...ect..ect.. has all gotten made to do somthing by their record lable.....it happens now in days sence the ones in power want more money

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Real rappers are ones who represent themselves truthfully to the people, through there lyrical content and style, don't pretend to be something they aint, spit shit that they themselves believe and that many people can feel plus they don't rap shit they don't believe just fo a buck.

This doesn't mean you can't be commercial (2pac was as real as it gets) but it does mean you can't rep shit you didn't do or don't really believe.

Real rappers out there are the wu in particular the gza, jedi mind, nas, gangstarr, pac, mos def, kweli, de la, etc.

That's a tough question man. So fucking subjective. yeh i agree.....but the thing is, u can now in days, sence everything advances itself including music changes, it gets more "realer" to say because whats doen is done....like biting Tupac or Biggie's rhymes, back then, they were far over everyones head...now (not because of the biting) they're not as "subjectified" in the current media....now its....who rolls the best..who flaunts the best money, cars ect..., just or the "game" of whatever they part take in......

omp, that was a good answer....but ive heard Jedi Mind..tryin to sound like RZA on Liberal Arts by Canibus...not to say its a bite of lyrics, but of lyrical style....ya know.....

Godess
07-26-2005, 12:23 AM
:loser:

When I was 6thPlanet you said I was cool as hell hahahah

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:24 AM
:loser:

When I was 6thPlanet you said I was cool as hell hahahah i take it back

Godess
07-26-2005, 12:25 AM
You guys are really funny.

DAREALCAS
07-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Yo Man

Real Rekonize Real Man

The Shit I Dont Like Is The Mainstream Pimpin Acts Like Hoes.
If You Can Come In On Your Own And Leave On Ya Own Thats Real Son!
Straight Up.
Keep Ya Ear To Tha Streetz They Stay Talkin!

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:27 AM
You guys are really funny.that's funny :lmao:
im not tryin to be..:satisfy:

Godess
07-26-2005, 12:29 AM
Maricon.

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Yo Man

Real Rekonize Real Man

The Shit I Dont Like Is The Mainstream Pimpin Acts Like Hoes.
If You Can Come In On Your Own And Leave On Ya Own Thats Real Son!
Straight Up.
Keep Ya Ear To Tha Streetz They Stay Talkin!ok man, but the streets arent focused on music....they're focused on money....now if your using music to talk about money the, well thats not my style like u said, not to say its not wrong, because they're is not rights or wrongs...ya know, no one minds when Raekwon says hes stakin mills, they are dammit, or were ya know, so it just how u use music, music is a tool, mental tools can be used however a person wishes to use it, but its how u use it that makes your music yours.....

DAREALCAS
07-26-2005, 12:33 AM
This Shit Aint That Funny Gurl. Dumb Ass Mafuckas Be Disrespectin Each Other Over Their Taste Of Music. Thats Just Like Bush And Hitler On Some Religious Shit. Yo Hip Hop Is My Religion And Imma Fight Ta Keep It Pure But Yo Every Now And Then I Throw Some Bb King On Even Elvis Shit Man. Music Is All Relative

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Maricon.if your going to bitch and moan about every thing, im trying to be serious here...with this subject....so if you wanna express your sad feelings...go get a shrink, see if he cares, cause as of now.....we have nothing to discuss

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:40 AM
This Shit Aint That Funny Gurl. Dumb Ass Mafuckas Be Disrespectin Each Other Over Their Taste Of Music. Thats Just Like Bush And Hitler On Some Religious Shit. Yo Hip Hop Is My Religion And Imma Fight Ta Keep It Pure But Yo Every Now And Then I Throw Some Bb King On Even Elvis Shit Man. Music Is All Relative yes music is a universal expression for every being that has the will to listen to whats really out there can and will bring you to new hights,

thats what im saying..once some1 traditionalises somthing as fake or wack, then somthing has to be real...that real wouldnt excist without its partner fake..ya know...like good and evil, but in music....in shouldnt excist, nor in life should evil excist

Godess
07-26-2005, 12:40 AM
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UAYR29WL7TMX2XE2NWAY8RQUV (http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UAYR29WL7TMX2XE2NWAY8RQUV)

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Which artists do you think have been 100% real?which ever artist that thinks hes 100% real

Godess
07-26-2005, 12:42 AM
gone.

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Yeah, Nas went through some pretty bad times but a lot of artists don't stay 100% real throughout their career.it can still be real man...

Take RZA for example, he did grimey music at start, layed his foundation for them beats n everything, now hes doing diff music with artists like Pink, and overseas with R&B singers to say, his style changed, but thats always been there....now if a fan has a problem with it, its nothing RZA cant handle ya know...

Dr. Dre, he did ALL SORTS OF MUSIC,

and Nas is a real emcee, he knows what hes spittin, he doesnt lose himself in a way that'll effect him i dont think...he likes to spit about life, mental and spirtual adventures....and of couse your going to hear soem trial and tribulations in his music, its only human and natural...

Robert
07-26-2005, 12:48 AM
What the fuck is wrong with you goddess? your like a fuckin pest, if you don't have anythin proper to say go. Do ya have an opinion on this or not or are ya just gonna be immature about this shit!

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:49 AM
Like, I think you gotta look at the beginning of their career and the places they've ended up, and see whether it was natural career progression or an musically-impure external influence.

Del, Kool Keith (crazy / so many concepts, Immortal Technique , Jeru the Damaja, De La Soul, Common (made that shitty electric circus album because he wanted to(!)), Redman (Not deep music but he doesn't try to do that), Sage Francis, MF Doom.

Gotta be at work in 4 hours... good nightan influence wont make u NOT real, well i dont think its a wrong, theres a lot of peopel on here that make music that has the Kung Fu excerpts and everything, they've been influenced by Wu-Tang, its what influences your abilitys to do what u think is cool, good, and entertaining, weather its a hobby or not, influences can change your life, depending how u take them......and it'll show in your music

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:50 AM
What the fuck is wrong with you goddess? your like a fuckin pest, if you don't have anythin proper to say go. Do ya have an opinion on this or not or are ya just gonna be immature about this shit!no point in asking her your question, her appearence on how she acts and talks, behaves ect... has let us know why shes here, and its not a damn thing

Robert
07-26-2005, 12:55 AM
tru dat. wat's your opinion then on mobb deep! they have gon to g unit records, p no longer has the rhyming ability fo whatever reason and soon they will probs be makin club tracks instead of that grimey street shit they are famous 4. Are they still real, for me they are on the verge of losing that vibe that has made them one of the best hip hop groups.

iNtell3kT
07-26-2005, 12:58 AM
tru dat. wat's your opinion then on mobb deep! they have gon to g unit records, p no longer has the rhyming ability fo whatever reason and soon they will probs be makin club tracks instead of that grimey street shit they are famous 4. Are they still real, for me they are on the verge of losing that vibe that has made them one of the best hip hop groups.i dont no what to say, they can be whatever right now, they have no hype liek always, now everyone thinks their mainstream, WHICH is a step up from where they were, just gotta see what their gonna spit on their first G-Unit record release.....hopefully they wont be influenced on the bad porpraganda or whatever u spell it on their new record lable, at least their gettin sxposer now : P , i still like the old mobb deep, they had a real message to put out, now that i think about it, they're just going to put it on a newer level, i dont think they'll change to much, they might...who knows

DAREALCAS
07-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Yo Man Its Hard Ta Stay True When You Come From Nutthin And These Mafuckas Sayin Yo Do This Song Or Do It Like That, They Flashin Money Atcha What Else Could You Do Man. Just Like Drugs Man. I Aint Support Puttin The Shit Out There But Yo The Money Iz Good While It Lasts Man. Why Wouldnt I Sell Packs. I Can G Up Twice A Night If Im Grindin!

R3beLuTionAry
07-26-2005, 01:09 AM
all i know is that hip hop isnt about dance choreographers and #1 hit singles.. and bitches with crabs in multiple videos.

DAREALCAS
07-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Really All I Gotta Say To Mainstream Rappers Is You Can Stay True To Yaself And Still Put Out Club Tracks. Yo If You Love Hip Hop And You An Mc And You Really Wanna Stay Real. Cut A Cd And Give It Out For Free. If Yall Want Ta Do This For A Career ,then Stop Hatin On Niggaz And Get Ya Money Cuz Thats Wut The Industry Iz About, Dont Bitch And Say I Love Rap Music But My Cd Dont Make No Money.

DAREALCAS
07-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Yo Mobb Deep Got A Opportunity Ta Really Make It. Its No Doubt G-unit Is On Top At The Moment. So If They Real Like They Say They Gon Run Wit It All The Way To The Bank. Get That Money Niggaz.... Oh Ya Fuck Fifty Cent I Aint Eva Gon Mention That Name On Here Again!

TSA
07-26-2005, 02:15 AM
Tha Legion is real. they lyrical killaz, and tahts what they do.. lyrically kill ya

R3beLuTionAry
07-26-2005, 02:17 AM
Tha Legion is real. they lyrical killaz, and tahts what they do.. lyrically kill ya

this local fag isnt hip hop:

http://www.myspace.com/whiterapper

Origin™
07-26-2005, 02:48 AM
yea, to each his own.... but it's just a shame that tha majority of peoples own choices, is that weak as watered down millenium "pop idol rap" bullshit.

SHRAP
07-26-2005, 02:57 AM
real hiphop is muzik from da heart n soul thats made cuz somebody wanted to make dat muzik, not cuz somebody wanted to make dat money. figga deal me

JOHNNY_TICAL
07-26-2005, 03:09 AM
I Think Real Hip Hop Is Wut Ever Comes 2 U .. /// Like Lyrics Dat Capture Ur Attention .. // Beats. Dat Tingle Ur Brain Cells. There Is No.. Stereotype On Real Hip Hop . // Hip Hop Is Hip Hop... Overall.. Wut Ever U Consider ... Real Hip Hop .. Is .. All In Ur Head...!!! It Varies.. 4 Each Individual..

Peace !!!

THE W
07-26-2005, 07:35 AM
real hiphop is music that trully reflects the artist and fake hiphop is music thats been tooled by the labels to sell reocrds.

pussy-with-teeth
07-26-2005, 07:49 AM
this real hip hop thing is the biggest bullshit, only inet dudes are using this theme ....all over the day...

THE W
07-26-2005, 08:29 AM
i guess guru and KRSone are "inet dudes"...

hugo in montreal
07-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Illmatic.

pussy-with-teeth
07-26-2005, 09:43 AM
i guess guru and KRSone are "inet dudes"...
no they are hip hop just like 50 cent or chingy or whateva

TSA
07-26-2005, 05:08 PM
did you just say chingy is hip hop? anyways what was the point of that white rapper? He was a rich white kid from California.. that was a waste of time just like the song on your myspace rebolutionary

IvanKorbi
07-26-2005, 05:13 PM
To me hip-hop is a feeling.
Common - the 6th sense is as real as it gets.

THE W
07-26-2005, 05:17 PM
no they are hip hop just like 50 cent or chingy or whateva
under old school rules yes they are.

new skool, hells no.

TSA
07-28-2005, 07:37 PM
it sounds nice to say yo real hip hop is from the heart and streets and shit, but look at it, the truth is that it was created to move crowds are parties, i didn't get street till the late 80's, the truth is real hip hop is street/club/whatever, you can't classify it.

GhostfaceKillah199
07-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Real Hip-Hop = staying true to the art and culture. one love

fox7jr7
07-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Illmatic..