PDA

View Full Version : KRS-One Launching Hip Hop TV Station

MR HIP HOP HEAD
06-09-2007, 02:51 PM
http://www.reddevillounge.com/images/bands/KRS-ONE.jpg

Today on New York's Power 105.1 FM station on the Ed Lover show, KRS-One announced that he's launching a Hip Hop TV station as an outlet for the entire hip hop artform.

KRS said that the new station that should be launched on a premium channel by the summer will have a basic version made available to New Yorkers for free due to New York being the birthplace for hip hop. But besides that, the premium channel should be exclusively for everyone on cable through satellite and will provide and showcase underground hip hop, old school artists, international talent, independent acts, unsigned acts, mainstream acts, R&B influenced by hip hop, etc.

Kris said that no one will be excluded from the network. Kris made clear that the RHN, which is short for the Real Hip Hop Network will cover the whole hip hop genre, which he stated was in desperate need as an alternative to the commercialized BET and MTV.

KRS claims that there is no true alternative on television for hip hop music, which is why he has taken the route of formulating a platform for everyone. Also according to Kris, the network may contain a various amount of programs dealing within the hip hop cultures with round the table discussions featuring a variety of artists, children programming in the form of hip hop, documentaries, a female MC version of American Idol, and so on.

In addition, the RHN will assist in breaking new acts by possibly helping to make videos for unsigned acts and then providing video outlets for them on top of that. Kris stretched the point that it's important for hip hop to be in charge of it's own image and how it's perceived to the world in this day and age, where hip hop is being given a black eye and is basically the scapegoat for the ills of today's society.

http://www.streethop.com/krs-one-launching-hip-hop-tv-station-3.html

Razorsharp
06-09-2007, 03:04 PM
well this is good and bad... this could in time jus be turned into mainstream... since itz ALL hip hop genres... so0o0 thats means all the same shit on MTV jamz

mofo
06-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Dope shit.

WuGambino
06-09-2007, 04:08 PM
That man is a legend.

Hope it'll be available in the UK, and maybe one of those contest shows will be better than The White Rapper Show...

OTB
06-09-2007, 04:10 PM
KRS iz on a level of hiz own, like i've said many timez b4-

some funny/sad sh-t,
xxl gave 'hiphop livez' an L rating

the editor should be smacked in hiz mouth..deliberately

Scribbles
06-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Finally!!!!

This Is Long Overdue! Good To See Krs Doing Hip Hop Some Good!

num2son
06-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Thats great news.

WuGambino
06-09-2007, 05:06 PM
KRS iz on a level of hiz own, like i've said many timez b4-

some funny/sad sh-t,
xxl gave 'hiphop livez' an L rating

the editor should be smacked in hiz mouth..deliberately

to be fair it wasn't exactly a great album...

SaqurakiHanamichi
06-09-2007, 05:10 PM
amazing....

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-09-2007, 08:02 PM
nice nicee...

baritone
06-09-2007, 08:18 PM
good... wish i had digital cable tho

KRS-One is hip hop in the flesh

Ghost_Deini_
06-10-2007, 03:01 AM
will it be on direct tv???????

RevelaShaun 6:8
06-10-2007, 03:04 AM
That is somthin we need!!!

I hope it will be accessable to everyone!!!

NY_Mami
06-10-2007, 04:09 AM
FINALLY no more wack ass B.E.T............

cap
06-10-2007, 05:07 PM
this could do great things for the culture!!
whatever i have to do to receive it over here i'll do.
would like to know when exactly he's launching it.

SWAMP WATER
06-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Its about fuckin time i hope dat shit will be available in chicago.

Dokuro
06-10-2007, 06:52 PM
this is the beging of the end of MTV.......

...three weeks later...

oh shit its callled MTV808
NO..............................!!!!!

Tetsuo
06-11-2007, 04:14 PM
He better create another channel for that big ass nose of his.