PDA

View Full Version : Canibus-Poet Laureate Infinity

noel411
06-13-2007, 03:45 AM
So what the funk is the deal with these tracks? A while back it was available as a download, and was 5 x 11 minute tracks strung together, with the same beat but different lyrics. Now the album is out and it has 2 x 11 minute tracks separately on the album, with the same beat but different lyrics.

However, after a couple of listens I have noticed that some lines appear in both tracks, and there are very frequent punch ins, and it often sounds like bits of different verses have been chopped up and thrown together, which the duplicate lines from both tracks would suggest has happened. Another thing I noticed is that in some places you can hear a word or 2 that have been either edited in, or accidentally not edited out. It sounds like really poor editing, but I don't think that's what it is. I think it's intentional. I'm thinking what they might have done is layered the vocals from all 5 versions of the track on top of each other, and then edited it so there was only vocals from one track at a time during the length of the song, therefore blending parts from all 5 versions of the track. Interesting idea, but not a very good one, as it sounds really fucken messy.

Of course I could figure this out for myself if I were to study all 7 versions of the track, but I really couldn't be fucked. So I wondered if anybody else has been interested enough to do such research, and what they found? Or has Canibus spoken about the nature of these tracks?

I think there's a lot more to these tracks than what you see, but in the end they don't really make for such a great listen no matter how crafty they may be.

11th Chamber
06-13-2007, 10:51 AM
300 Bars N Runnin was better

Bis Fan
06-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Go to poetlaureateinfinity.com

I believe it was done with that or something similar to it.

Unless he(Canibus) or whoever did it knew the vocals forwards and backwards there were bound to be a some screw ups

the two tracks were more of a demonstration

33 is the number that enlightens the brother

Longbongcilvaringz
06-13-2007, 11:36 AM
um yeah he said it was all layered on the actual album, which i dont understand, because you cant get to the other layers unless you go to the site. so what the point?

hows the album by the way?

Bis Fan
06-13-2007, 12:03 PM
It's like...

Once upon a midnight dreary
being blackballed from the music industry prepared me
In the past records were made, put on shelf
I was never paid or given the wealth
Who can I blame but myself?
NO ONE!, I followed my azimuth in transit on a path from apprentice to master
My testimony, any place at the top is lonely
Ask me what I cherish mostly
No matter what I say IT'S POETRY!!!!!!!!

Reach 80 degrees North, 14 degrees East
beneath the ice sheets lies THE SPITZBERG BEAST!!!!!

In the beginning the Law of Three, the Law of Seven
I don't question the Principal of Scale or Heaven

Bis Fan
06-13-2007, 12:05 PM
chea

Longbongcilvaringz
06-13-2007, 12:33 PM
so its a canibus fans canibus album?

from what ive seen, it is. which means ill cop it for certain.

Bis Fan
06-13-2007, 12:51 PM
so its a canibus fans canibus album?

from what ive seen, it is. which means ill cop it for certain.

Buy or Die

your choice

*loads the 4-5*

:)

MAYOR QUIMBY
06-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Is he sptting that scientific stuff on this album like in Rip The Jacker?

noel411
06-13-2007, 04:50 PM
hows the album by the way?
It's pretty good. Better than the majority of his albums. Worth picking up.

I'll have to check out the website and see what I can find out about these tracks.

LiquidWordz
06-14-2007, 03:53 AM
Canibus was explaining this in different interviews, and I never understood what he meant till I heard the official album. What is is, is 2 beats and 5 vocal tracks playing all at once, but with the way it's layered and the way it's mixed, you only hear bits and peices of each track playing at any given time. The versions on the album are just two of the probabaly 1000's of different ways this track can be mixed. It does sound a bit sloppy at times, but you gotta give Canibus props for this one. He could probabaly release albums upon albums of just different mixes of this single track.

Supposedly his next album is gonna be structured just like this song. I don't know how well that's gonna work out, one song was alright, but an entire album? Might be overkill imo.

Trigga Man
06-19-2007, 09:13 AM
So what the funk is the deal with these tracks? A while back it was available as a download, and was 5 x 11 minute tracks strung together, with the same beat but different lyrics. Now the album is out and it has 2 x 11 minute tracks separately on the album, with the same beat but different lyrics.

However, after a couple of listens I have noticed that some lines appear in both tracks, and there are very frequent punch ins, and it often sounds like bits of different verses have been chopped up and thrown together, which the duplicate lines from both tracks would suggest has happened. Another thing I noticed is that in some places you can hear a word or 2 that have been either edited in, or accidentally not edited out. It sounds like really poor editing, but I don't think that's what it is. I think it's intentional. I'm thinking what they might have done is layered the vocals from all 5 versions of the track on top of each other, and then edited it so there was only vocals from one track at a time during the length of the song, therefore blending parts from all 5 versions of the track. Interesting idea, but not a very good one, as it sounds really fucken messy.

Of course I could figure this out for myself if I were to study all 7 versions of the track, but I really couldn't be fucked. So I wondered if anybody else has been interested enough to do such research, and what they found? Or has Canibus spoken about the nature of these tracks?

I think there's a lot more to these tracks than what you see, but in the end they don't really make for such a great listen no matter how crafty they may be.

I think he did it intentionally
"you can mix this song a 1000 ways I dont doubt it"

Trigga Man
06-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Is he sptting that scientific stuff on this album like in Rip The Jacker?

yeah sort of, but Rip the Jacker is probably one of the nicest albums ever
And this one is just as good as Rip The Jacker imho

tragedykhadafi12
06-19-2007, 09:46 AM
If i were you I would be greatful because this is one of the best things going on in rap right now besides some other stuff like tragedy khadafi who just came out today so pick that up too.