PDA

View Full Version : whats with the sun-glasses and polos

MNice90
06-18-2007, 11:32 PM
i hate this shit soooooo much. damn, can dudes go back to the rugged style with tims and hoodies.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Man That Just The Stupid Hyphy Style For The Club Which Is Mad Stupid I Know In My City We Still Rockin' Timbs And Af1's

IronFingaz7
06-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Well, the glasses thing is pretty gay, but theres absolutely nothing wrong with Polo's. I got a couple, I dont see whats wrong with them, the neon colors and shit I can see, fuck that shit, but i got a nice white one, a red one, and a cream one, plus a Ecko black one with maroon and white stripes.

P.E.A.C.E.

Edgar Erebus
06-19-2007, 04:55 AM
I missed something... can someone post a pic of that to let me see the problem?

J-Cee
06-19-2007, 05:15 AM
only thing that pisses me off is those Big ass Glasses bitches wear..and some dudes aswell..fukin look like shit.

Longbongcilvaringz
06-19-2007, 05:25 AM
i gather your talking about dudes like kanye and shit?

its just that preppy style shit, looking as ridiculous as possible i guess.

polos are alright in solid colours, all that pink and flouro shit is too much though.

DJMethods
06-19-2007, 07:28 AM
I still just rock hoodies, unless im going out. no timbs though, never been into them.

i dont get the whole dressing up flash is a part of the hip-hop culture which seems to be coming in, that kinda goes against it

TAURO
06-19-2007, 08:16 AM
i dont get the whole dressing up flash is a part of the hip-hop culture which seems to be coming in, that kinda goes against it

Im sorry dude but thats bullshit right there. OTT clothing styles has been a staple in hip hop since day 1, you only had to look at groups like Afrika Bambatta and the Soulsonic force and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 to see the crazy clothing that they wore. People tend to forget that even in the ninties the real baggy clothing, military fatigue, hoodie & tims combo was seen as over the top, it's just that the style did not cover bright colors which is why it wasn't in your face as much.

DJMethods
06-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Im sorry dude but thats bullshit right there. OTT clothing styles has been a staple in hip hop since day 1, you only had to look at groups like Afrika Bambatta and the Soulsonic force and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 to see the crazy clothing that they wore. People tend to forget that even in the ninties the real baggy clothing, military fatigue, hoodie & tims combo was seen as over the top, it's just that the style did not cover bright colors which is why it wasn't in your face as much.

You're right, but Afrika Bambaata and Soulsonic force were Zulu Nation - That was MUCH more then hip-hop, had a bit to do with religion as well (Hence a lot of the clothes). GM Flash and the Furious 5 yeah, but I wouldn't call that dressing "flash" really.

I'm talking about spending a few hundred dollars on clothing, thats before you go into sunglasses and other shit. Some outfits cats just rock in the streets would be up near the $700 price range (Probably more), thats doesn't really tipify hip-hop to me - Thought this shit came from the Bronx?

Outfits do have a part though, so does fashion, but I don't really get a lot of it as to why it's hip-hop. You're right though.

SaqurakiHanamichi
06-19-2007, 09:00 AM
i hate that shit too man god damn paris hilton. I cant see those bitches faces its covered with those big ass glasses,

One day this girl was wearing those thick ass glasses looked like goggles and was wearing a scarf on her neck. So i asked her where did she park her plane. lol

IronFingaz7
06-19-2007, 12:00 PM
i hate that shit too man god damn paris hilton. I cant see those bitches faces its covered with those big ass glasses,

One day this girl was wearing those thick ass glasses looked like goggles and was wearing a scarf on her neck. So i asked her where did she park her plane. lol

LOL WOW. Yeah, I hate them big ass shits especially when motherfuckers be wearing them on the fucking subway train, dude, are you serious? I'm riding the E train and that shit never goes outside and these motherfuckers got they big ass sunglasses on, where the fuck is the sun?

P.E.A.C.E.

TAURO
06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
You're right, but Afrika Bambaata and Soulsonic force were Zulu Nation - That was MUCH more then hip-hop, had a bit to do with religion as well (Hence a lot of the clothes). GM Flash and the Furious 5 yeah, but I wouldn't call that dressing "flash" really.

I'm talking about spending a few hundred dollars on clothing, thats before you go into sunglasses and other shit. Some outfits cats just rock in the streets would be up near the $700 price range (Probably more), thats doesn't really tipify hip-hop to me - Thought this shit came from the Bronx?

Outfits do have a part though, so does fashion, but I don't really get a lot of it as to why it's hip-hop. You're right though.

I know exactly what you mean dude, I mean when I go to by myself some "urban wear" (I hate that phrase) like a phat farm T shirt for example, it costs like 40 ($80 give or take) and im thinking this is supposed to be clothing aimed at the street cat but at those prices only people with higher incomes can afford that.

Also some of the gear they market as "urban wear" is questionable in my book, a lot of clothing now with such bright flashy colors and all that, just doesn't do anything for me.

DJMethods
06-19-2007, 01:14 PM
exactly man.. i know a lot of cats rock them, but those colourful hoodies make me want to hit people. each to their own though.

Dirty Knowledge
06-19-2007, 02:27 PM
It's just trends mayn. They'll die out.

In your case, hopefully before you do.

xHard to Earnx
06-20-2007, 04:51 PM
http://a114.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/29/l_4d88d69881034864a7c26e89e0a3aae1.jpg

Suck it, homos (no homo).

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
06-20-2007, 05:47 PM
i'll never rock them big ass sunglasses but i keep it fresh wit tha polos, no doubt u gotta look good for the ladies.

The Hound
06-21-2007, 03:14 AM
people just hate it coz they most probably can't afford it so they're jealous

crass
06-21-2007, 04:09 AM
If you want to look like one of the illiterate drug dealers outside my apartment, wear hoodies and Timbs 24/7. Otherwise, wear whatever feels good.

Robert
06-21-2007, 10:16 AM
I know exactly what you mean dude, I mean when I go to by myself some "urban wear" (I hate that phrase) like a phat farm T shirt for example, it costs like 40 ($80 give or take) and im thinking this is supposed to be clothing aimed at the street cat but at those prices only people with higher incomes can afford that.

Also some of the gear they market as "urban wear" is questionable in my book, a lot of clothing now with such bright flashy colors and all that, just doesn't do anything for me.

That would be the Bape craze......when it costs over a g to get an entire Bape outfit it's clear that the hype has gone too far

benzo
06-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I just match up my Polos with my kicks and say fuck the rest of the shit. Matching cap...done. I never saw the need to walk around like I just stepped out of a Clipse video.

Edgar Erebus
06-21-2007, 11:25 AM
That would be the Bape craze......when it costs over a g to get an entire Bape outfit it's clear that the hype has gone too far

Just buy an XXL hoodie. Jeez. Why does it have to be a brand name?

IronFingaz7
06-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Just buy an XXL hoodie. Jeez. Why does it have to be a brand name?

Because it shows that your BAAAAALLLLLLLLIIIIIINNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! LMFAO

P.E.A.C.E.

DJMethods
06-21-2007, 12:51 PM
If you want to look like one of the illiterate drug dealers outside my apartment, wear hoodies and Timbs 24/7. Otherwise, wear whatever feels good.

Cause ya know, drug dealers don't dress flash?