PDA

View Full Version : Word on Pap's First Single (Official)

Scribbles
06-19-2007, 02:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGypIrFpSPU

In this video Kay Slay addresses Uncle Murda situation, but more importantly reveals that Pap's first single will drop soon and it features Snoop Dogg and is produced by Scott Storch.

That's a good sign, finally Pap's album will see the day of light.

Edgar Erebus
06-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Scott Storch? Spooky.

BTW first single doesn't mean nothing, Lil' Jon issued Snap Yo Fingers more than a year ago and album is still not on sight.

Edgar Erebus
06-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Why do I have the awful feeling the album will be trash? Overcrowded with too commercial producers? With Papoose being a guest on his own album?

SaqurakiHanamichi
06-19-2007, 02:16 PM
man when i saw that kay slay video i felt sick , I mean he was eating food and taking a shit,

disgusting

Edgar Erebus
06-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Shit hits the fan.

Appropriate name.

mofo
06-19-2007, 02:20 PM
This niggas like 60 years old and he's doing that shit? Man, just cuz he married Buffie don't mean he could do that shit, damn.

cap
06-19-2007, 05:41 PM
snoop & storch??
my expectations went way down all of a sudden.
i thought pap was gonna bring some change,but he's using the same producer & guest rapper as everybody else.
the fuck...

Edgar Erebus
06-19-2007, 05:49 PM
IMO he should stick with early DipSet producers (Just Blaze, Heatmakerz, Charlemagne) and have as few guest rappers as possible - and strictly from New York (which isn't a quality proof anymore)

Scribbles
06-19-2007, 05:51 PM
What do you guys expect? Dude signed to Jive! The death of Hip Hop. When has Jive ever released an appropriate hip hop album.

ShaDynasty
06-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Just Blaze, Buckwild and DJ Premier should produce the whole joint.
am i right?

but its not gonna happen, it sucks if pap waters down his shit and tries to crossover

snoop dogg must spend all his time in the studio rewriting the same verse

Edgar Erebus
06-19-2007, 05:55 PM
^^Last time I actually listened to a Snoop verse was on Gangbangin' 101... and before that on Lay Low.

SaqurakiHanamichi
06-19-2007, 06:43 PM
get serious his joint is gonna be with snoop ....... snoop........

OH YES SIR BRING THE COMMERCIAL!!!!!!!!

TAURO
06-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Im not even suprised by this, Pap was clearly making all the wrong moves with the people he was affiliating himself with. I can sense another Canibus story happening with him.

11th Chamber
06-19-2007, 06:57 PM
^^^ Lets just hope that Pap accually has nice beats tho

Bigot Hitman
06-19-2007, 07:06 PM
What do you guys expect? Dude signed to Jive! The death of Hip Hop. When has Jive ever released an appropriate hip hop album.

The clipse' newest album was released off jive, too short's classic album get in where u fit in was released off jive, alot of ugk's classic shit came from that label too. Just to name a few.

Scribbles
06-19-2007, 11:05 PM
I'll admit that Clipse album is tough. But the other shit you mentioned I don't check for.

Come on, we're talking about a dude who put out 18 mixtapes. Is being hailed as the dude to carry NY to its prime again. And Jive is handling its project? Sorry but that's the wrong label to fuck with.

Analyze
06-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Maybe he's linkin up with Snoop to bring that commerical 1st single video! Hopefully he's doing all the shit Canibus didnt do on his first release. I hope that nigga slaugthers uncle Murda!

mofo
06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
The thing is, people over praised this wayyyyy before it actually dropped. Classic albums like Enter the 36 chambers and Illmatic all dropped and they didn't get much recognition as "classic" but as time went on and on people started to praise it more and more until it was labeled classic. But people like Cannibus, Papoose and Raekwon with OB4CL2 are expected to drop an illmatic and if they fail, they or the album is regarded a failure, even if it's exceptional. And in Pap's case, it's to bring back the east coast and that's a lot of pressure to bring forth to the table. It wouldn't surprise me if this album dropped as average. But remember there is a rare chance that it can meet it's expectations.

J.T.S.
06-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Wow Snoop's in serious demand these days!

cap
06-20-2007, 04:35 PM
The thing is, people over praised this wayyyyy before it actually dropped. Classic albums like Enter the 36 chambers and Illmatic all dropped and they didn't get much recognition as "classic" but as time went on and on people started to praise it more and more until it was labeled classic. But people like Cannibus, Papoose and Raekwon with OB4CL2 are expected to drop an illmatic and if they fail, they or the album is regarded a failure, even if it's exceptional. And in Pap's case, it's to bring back the east coast and that's a lot of pressure to bring forth to the table. It wouldn't surprise me if this album dropped as average. But remember there is a rare chance that it can meet it's expectations.

although i was too young to remember,im pretty sure everybody saw illmatic as an instant classic

xHard to Earnx
06-20-2007, 05:05 PM

Hell Hath No Fury

And the 90's.

Ghost_Deini_
06-21-2007, 02:35 AM
im sure the papoose album will be a big disappointment. i remember hearing some song with busta that was horrible a long time ago. hes way overrated anyway.

J-Cee
06-21-2007, 05:22 AM
Why do I have the awful feeling the album will be trash? Overcrowded with too commercial producers? With Papoose being a guest on his own album?

nah i think it will be dope..i just think the single will be a mainstream track that they can rock on MTV and radio stations so he can get his name out there to the mainstream audience

cap
06-23-2007, 08:26 PM
im really dissapointed about that pap song,this is fucked up.
not that its bad or anything but i was expecting so much more from his debut.

TAURO
06-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Papoose - Bang It Out Ft. Snoop Dogg (Prod. Scott Storch)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/238758828cd915/

I like this, but it sounds like it should be on Snoops album, not Pap's. Too westcoast sounding, I just hope the rest of Pap's album sounds like it comes from NY.

J-Cee
06-24-2007, 12:07 PM
i like the song ay..not too bad..aint nothin classic though.

The Hound
06-24-2007, 12:34 PM
that

pap-oose pap-oose, scott-storch scott-storch he does at the start of sings is fuckin annoying, track is bangin tho