PDA

View Full Version : Create Your Own Festival/Concert ...

The Hound
06-19-2007, 04:58 PM
... sorry if it's been done before, it has just merge this, but i got this from another forum, title says it all really, only rules are
1- can't use a group that has broken up
2- can't use dead people (even though it's fantasy, gotta try keep it real)

mine would be a 2 day event, it won't all be straight rapping, there would be acts from different aspects of hip hop culture and the chosen acts would depend on the chosen location due to different styles of hip hop in different areas, so i'm gonna say it's in NYC, with special acts from different areas to showcase diversity and harmony, and it's also hosted by chris rock to give some refreshing comedy value, the acts wouldn't perform too many songs, 3/4/5 maybe, both days would start around 9am and finish up at midnight

i cant think of a decent name for it

DAY ONE

MORNING

Mos Def & Talib Keli, Common, Jedi Mind Tricks, Joell Ortiz, Immortal Technique, Joe Budden, Papoose, D-Block, LL Cool J, M.O.P., Rhymefest

AFTERNOON

from say, 12-1 would be DJ battles, judged by the crowd, and DJ's like DJ Green Lantern, DJ Premier, DJ Hi-Tek will show case their skills by putting on performances for the crowd

after that, we get back into more acts, this time of the 'old school' era

Rev. Run, Afrika Bambaataa, Grandmaster Flash, Kool Moe Dee, Doug E Fresh, Ice T, KRS-One, DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince (never split up at all! dumb people still think they did :frusty:) Juice Crew, Kurtis Blow

EVENING

another intermission, this time a freestyle contest, judged by the crowd, before the last lot of performances, a huge screen will pay homage to rappers who have passed away

Busta Rhymes, KRS-One, Scarface, Royce Da 5'9", Tech N9ne, Bronze Nazareth, Showbiz & A.G, The Weathermen, A Tribe Called Quest

DAY TWO, MORNING

day two would have some more "heavy hitters" from different styles

Damian "Junior Gong" Marley, Apathy, 7L & Esoteric, Blackalicious, Arsonists, Capone-N-Noreaga, Diamond D, Timbo King, El Da Sensei, Dead Prez, Juju, Chief Kamachi, Cypress Hill

AFTERNOON

another intermission, this time a dance contest

Ill Bill, Afu-Ra, Boot Camp Clik, Bronze Nazareth, Cilvaringz, Dreddy Kruger, Masta Ace, Snowgoons, Canibus, Smut Peddlers, Murs, Mr Lif, Pacewon, Looptroop, Pharoahe Monch, DMX, OutKast

EVENING

last intermission, this time, freestyle battles, and another rememberance and deceased rappers

Wu-Tang Clan, Killah Priest, Mobb Deep, Nas, Jay-Z, Brooklyn Academy, Pumpkinhead, Q-Unique, Ras Kass, Redman, Erick Sermon, Xzibit, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube MC Ren & Dr Dre (to perform solo and NWA shit)

everyone who attended would get a free dvd of the festival and a free audio cd of everything, plus a massive poster of all the acts with signatures