PDA

View Full Version : My officially first beat: TAKE IT OVER

Edgar Erebus
06-20-2007, 08:05 AM
So, this is why I needed help yesterday.

Take it Over by Slim T
samples "Srela sam se s njim" by Josipa Lisac

As I'm still learning to work with FL, don't expect some really high quality, but I think I had a dope idea to make a beat. Feedback PLEEEASE, else I don't know why was I working all that :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=716232

INF
06-20-2007, 10:15 AM
You know you need some work b4 you start posting them but , yeah okay. You can hear in your loop that your kick isnt even straight. You can barely hear the kick anyway though.

You chopped correctly though. Yes , you do have a good lil idea off that chop but you need to add drums on it that are sync'd and throw another Melodie over the sample. either something else that you chopped from the song or just make up a melodie.

just keep fuckin with it everyday(which you will) and watch them youtube videos I told you about. Just put in "fl7" and see what you get and from there , listen to what is being said about other parts of the program(its huge!) and then search keywords that you learned. i.e. , look up "FL" and "Wave traveler" together.

Try learning the mixer first.

peace T

PS , I never liked ya

Edgar Erebus
06-20-2007, 10:17 AM
AIght, I'm aware of everything you said but I just wanted to hear if I should give up already... You know, lost cause. So thank you, practice makes master.

PS. Me neither.

Erap
06-20-2007, 12:21 PM
you have to change the drums is off just take it a part and start all over wit the drums the sample part is alright and add other effects to it like a hit or melody
www.soundclick/errollbeatz

GameOfDeath
06-20-2007, 03:14 PM
The sample is on point, you need to learn the mixer. Send each drum sound to its own mixer channel then put the multiband compressor on it then even a little reverb. Same thing for the sample. The mixing is killing it for me but the beat isn't bad. Also, your loop isn't starting on time in a few spots.

Fresh Breath
06-25-2007, 03:18 PM
yea its pretty cool for ur first beat man, keep it up!! The drums are nice an the percusion goes nice wit the lil hi hats/strings!