PDA

View Full Version : Watching Brown Sugar Movie Today Reminded Me Of Why Rap Music Is Messed Up

CharlesJones
06-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Brown Sugar movie starred Taye Diggs, Sanaa Lathan, Queen Latifah, Mos Def. The movie is very good and it's about Taye works at a record company and Sanaa works for a rap magazine and she's a editor. When both of them were kids, they fell in love with rap music and that's why both of them have jobs involved with rap music. Mos Def is a rapper in the movie and Taye Diggs tries to sign him to his label but Taye sees the kind of artists that are being signed at his job so he decides to quit and start his own label. He signed Mos Def to his label. There was one funny scene where Taye and Sanaa were at Mos Def's concert and these 2 wack rappers named Hip Hop Dalmatians were talking to Taye about they were gonna be the next big rap artists LOL. Taye was looking at them like are they for real LOL. One of the dudes was white and the other dude was black. They were dressed like dalmatians which are dogs LOL. There was another scene when Taye and Mos Def were at a black radio station trying to get Mos Def's song played and they heard the Hip Hop Dalmatians song being played on the radio. The song was called The Ho Is Mine LOL. Taye and Mos looked at each other like they couldn't believe what they were hearing. Taye couldn't get Mos Def's song played so he came back to the radio station one day and he told the lady that was in charge of the songs getting played that he was gonna come back every week until Mos Def's song got played. See this is the type of shit why rap music is so fucked up because these bitch ass radio stations only play wack ass bullshit rappers and record companies only wanna sign wack rappers because wackness sells and lyrical content doesn't sell. That's messed up. Sanaa Lathan was looking so hot in this movie.

TAURO
06-21-2007, 05:26 PM
What are you trying to bring across here? are you commenting on the movie? or do you want to start a topic about the state of hip hop? Im sure the latter has been well discussed many many times.

CharlesJones
06-21-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm commenting on the movie and i'm trying to make a point of how it relates to how record companies are messed up and why the rap game today is messed up.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-21-2007, 05:47 PM
yo but this movie gets what the fuck is going with hip hop right now and even wit years back man FUCK CORPRATE AMERICA

SaqurakiHanamichi
06-21-2007, 06:16 PM
we talk about this all the time ,,,,,,,,
everyday we talk about this,,

make it a sticky or something

YES WE KNOW THE STATE OF HIP HOP IS FUCKED UP