PDA

View Full Version : bone thugs n harmony are the greatest rap group ever!

Mo Murda
06-24-2007, 07:17 PM
dont get me wrong, the wu are one of the greatest rap groups ever, but i just feel like bone is the best. I mean they can change there flow, and brought a new era into rap(but the industry dont give them credit), what they brought was a singing and rapping style, while they mostly harmonized, they did sing in some songs. And as you see most of 90% artist today are using that sing and rapping style. what i hate is that mtv and the industry just wont give bone there props, you dont see a documentary on bone, i know someone is going to hate on my opinion.

Alex Kovalev
06-24-2007, 08:10 PM
I respect your opinion but i dont agree..

old school Bone Thug is the best rap ever in my opinion but since 2000 they have Release bad stuff.. I just cant get into their last 2 cd...and Thug World Order had alot of boring songs....

E. 1999 ETERNAL = best rap cd ever

crass
06-24-2007, 08:12 PM
E 1999. Eternal and some stuff after is just AMAZING. Their songs are fucking crazy, the way they harmonize and go back and forth. It's pretty technical and sophisticated for hardcore rap. I think Wu is better overall but Bone Thugs song compositions are superior.

Edit: Just listen to DAYS OF OUR LIVES. Ridiculously great.

mofo
06-24-2007, 08:13 PM
What do you think about this website-

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/antiwutang/

baritone
06-24-2007, 08:41 PM
^^^^^ its obvious the dude was a previous Wu fan cuz he named way too many affiliates

WIA
06-24-2007, 08:44 PM
What do you think about this website-

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/antiwutang/

The anti-Wu poetry page is sick!

And I quote:

"If you should play their cd in my face,
I'll break the cd in your face."

Prolifical ENG
06-24-2007, 08:58 PM
The represent the midwest well. I kinda like the new album.

Mo Murda
06-24-2007, 09:34 PM
alot of people keep saying they fell off, but thats not the case, i mean the only bad albums they have made are Thug World Order, and Thugs Stories. There new album called Strength and Loyalty is straight fire!, and thats just with only 3 members on that album holding it down, imagine if they had all 5 members man, Bizzy Bone(the best member imo), and Flesh N Bone. Hopefully when Flesh gets out of jail, he will get bizzy back in the group and shut this shit down.

11th Chamber
06-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Bone Thugs is a great group who have put out alot of great shit. Altho the greatest is clearly Wu Tang

Frank Drebin
06-25-2007, 03:34 AM
Eazy E signed them am I right? Plus he got money of Dre's Chronic album? He was a smart guy.
On topic I like Bone too but too much does my head in. I only really like there commercial stuff "East 1999, Wake Up, 1st of the Month, Crossroads, Foe Da Love Of Money" that kinda song. Their style so unique I read somewhere back in the days that Biggie had to practice that flow for 2 weeks before he got it right. Whut is E1999? I remember that it was said to be a postcode but I had a look ages ago and coouldnt find this. Anyone know?

beautifulrock
06-25-2007, 06:32 AM
gimme a break.

Sindrom
06-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Its a street

LuckyTheWonderDog
06-25-2007, 06:49 AM
And as you see most of 90% artist today are using that sing and rapping style.

For me that is definately not something to thank them for. (Most) Rappers can rap, (most) rappers can't sing, (most) rappers singing makes me want to slit my wrists.

In my opinion Wu-Tang are the best rap group by miles.

THE W
06-25-2007, 08:28 AM
nope

Edgar Erebus
06-25-2007, 08:39 AM
dont get me wrong, the wu are one of the greatest rap groups ever, but i just feel like bone is the best. No they isn't. I mean they can change there flow, (like any good rapper) and brought a new era into rap(but the industry dont give them credit), Same with Wu - industry claims Biggie revived East Coast what they brought was a singing and rapping style, wrong, it was Three 6 Mafia while they mostly harmonized, they did sing in some songs. which doesn't make them an excellent rap group And as you see most of 90% artist today are using that sing and rapping style. Name 'em. what i hate is that mtv and the industry just wont give bone there props, you dont see a documentary on bone, i know someone is going to hate on my opinion. Well, here you got the hater. It's your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree with it and I'm SURE you are wrong. Yes, they are excellent rap group and make in my top 10 groups list, but they AREN'T and AREN'T best and CAN'T even compare to Wu, Public Enemy, ATCQ and De La Soul. Period.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-25-2007, 08:44 AM
i give props to btnh, but i think the Wu is the best rap group of all times!
ODB sang too...

Edgar Erebus
06-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Cee-Lo, André, ODB, Bone Thugs and Eminem are only rappers that actually can sing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-25-2007, 08:55 AM
naaah nate dogg is the main man for singin chorus!
and warren g can sing too..

Edgar Erebus
06-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Nate Dogg ain't rapper in the first place. And I actually never heard Warren G singing.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-25-2007, 09:01 AM
listen to regulate g funk era and u'll find him singin..

LuckyTheWonderDog
06-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Cee-Lo, André, ODB, Bone Thugs and Eminem are only rappers that actually can sing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Eminem singing makes me want to slap him repeatedly.

Sean
06-25-2007, 09:31 AM
dont get me wrong, the wu are one of the greatest rap groups ever, but i just feel like bone is the best. I mean they can change there flow, and brought a new era into rap(but the industry dont give them credit), what they brought was a singing and rapping style, while they mostly harmonized, they did sing in some songs. And as you see most of 90% artist today are using that sing and rapping style. what i hate is that mtv and the industry just wont give bone there props, you dont see a documentary on bone, i know someone is going to hate on my opinion.

I think Bone Thugs are sick, but why come to a Wu Tang forum to say this?

mofo
06-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Eminem?

Edgar Erebus
06-25-2007, 10:46 AM
He sung quite nice on Hailie's Song, Yellow Brick Road... He could be a quite good singer if he tries.

Scáth Bán
06-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Big Pun's a pretty good singer.

Mo Murda
06-25-2007, 11:14 AM
No they isn't. (like any good rapper) Same with Wu - industry claims Biggie revived East Coast wrong, it was Three 6 Mafia which doesn't make them an excellent rap group Name 'em. Well, here you got the hater. It's your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree with it and I'm SURE you are wrong. Yes, they are excellent rap group and make in my top 10 groups list, but they AREN'T and AREN'T best and CAN'T even compare to Wu, Public Enemy, ATCQ and De La Soul. Period.

ok dude thats just your opinion, but your wrong about 3 6 mafia, they didnt sing until bone hit the scene, hell i dont even know if even some of the members could actually sing, anyway i'm just stating what i think, anyway i'ven been a bone fan first, but the wu is a close second in my opinion, should of known not to post this in a wutang forum, but i just wanted to know how people felt about bone in here, anyway peace.

Edgar Erebus
06-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Aiight, no bad blood. Peace.

LuckyTheWonderDog
06-25-2007, 12:00 PM
How the fuck did a discussion on the best rap group end up concentrating on singing?

Frank Drebin
06-25-2007, 12:07 PM

ODB said himself that when he raps he sings "the problem is i cant sing"

LuckyTheWonderDog
06-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Well, if encouraging others to start singing makes for a great rap group due to influence, then De La Soul must be the best for coming with the skit and every other fucker in hip-hop has covered their albums with them ever since (to usually terrible effect - leave skits to Prince Paul).

The Hound
06-25-2007, 12:29 PM
bone thugs would be ranked 5-10 imo

Complex
06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
I would put a few groups before Bone, but they definately were the shit earlier in they career.. E 99 & the art of war are classics.. DJ Uneek is also a great producer that often is slept on.. Cant lie tho, they newer material aint really ma style..

Is Flesh still locked up?

CharlesJones
06-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah Flesh And Bone is still locked up. I think he got arrested after his first solo album. He should be getting out in the near future but by the time he gets out, he'll be too old to rap. Bone Thugs And Harmony fell off after E.1999 Eternal album. The group albums and solo albums they've done after E.1999 Eternal have all been terrible. Bone isn't hardly the greatest rap group ever. To the dude who posted this topic, you need to stop smoking so much weed LOL.

IrOnMaN
06-25-2007, 03:51 PM
BTNH are one of the best hip-hop groups ever to exist!! If it wasn't for them, I can honestly say that I would not be where I am today.

Best hip-hip groups to ever exist:

1.) N.W.A.

2.) Wu-Tang Clan

3.) Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

These are based strickly on production, style, lyrics, and which had the biggest impact on hip-hop.

IrOnMaN
06-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah Flesh And Bone is still locked up. I think he got arrested after his first solo album. He should be getting out in the near future but by the time he gets out, he'll be too old to rap. Bone Thugs And Harmony fell off after E.1999 Eternal album. The group albums and solo albums they've done after E.1999 Eternal have all been terrible. Bone isn't hardly the greatest rap group ever. To the dude who posted this topic, you need to stop smoking so much weed LOL.

He got arrested sometime in Sep. of '00 for threating his negihibor with a AK-47. That was when his second solo album called "5th Dodd Let Loose" was released on 10/1/00. The album was okay, IMO.

CharlesJones
06-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Ironman how can you put Bone Thugs And Harmony ahead of EPMD, A Tribe Called Quest, Artifacts, Gang Starr, Geto Boys? You bugging.

IrOnMaN
06-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Ironman how can you put Bone Thugs And Harmony ahead of EPMD, A Tribe Called Quest, Artifacts, Gang Starr, Geto Boys? You bugging.

BTNH has made a much greater impact than those hip-hop groups. Don't get me wrong, they're good, but not as good as BTNH. NWA, Wu-Tang, and BTNH were the most creative hip-hop groups ever, and you can't deny that! They've changed hip-hop!

CharlesJones
06-25-2007, 04:10 PM
What was creative about NWA? They talked about ghetto hood stuff which is what most rappers talked about back then. I would say NWA were the first ones to cuss a lot, diss black women and diss the police. Ice T invented gangsta rap because he came out before NWA so if anybody should be called the originator of gangsta rap, it's Ice T. Bone Thugs And Harmony aren't better than those rap groups i named. Bone may have had a bigger impact on rap music as far as album sales but they aren't better than those groups.

Mo Murda
06-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah Flesh And Bone is still locked up. I think he got arrested after his first solo album. He should be getting out in the near future but by the time he gets out, he'll be too old to rap. Bone Thugs And Harmony fell off after E.1999 Eternal album. The group albums and solo albums they've done after E.1999 Eternal have all been terrible.

damn dude Bone Thugs are in there early 30's, the youngest member which is Bizzy Bone, barely turned 30 just last year, remember they were teenagers when they signed with eazy-e back in 94, so they still have a long time till they retire. Flesh N Bone will get out of jail next year. And no they did not fall off after E.1999 Eternal, its just that album got so big, it sold over 10 million world wide, and it just overshadowed everything that they made after that. and the only bad albums they ever made were Thug World Order, and Thug Stories.

WIA
06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
I would put a few groups before Bone, but they definately were the shit earlier in they career.. E 99 & the art of war are classics.. DJ Uneek is also a great producer that often is slept on.. Cant lie tho, they newer material aint really ma style..

Definitely....my brother has all their albums (and a lot of other dope albums), and I would always look over his collection and be like, "What the fuck is all this?" Now I jack all his CDs and put em in my iTunes, lol. Bone Thugs is definitely a mover. The Art of War is dooope. I love early-on Bone Thugs. At school everybody's just talkin about that single they made with Akon, and I'm just like....ya'll haven't seen nothing yet...

tragedykhadafi12
06-25-2007, 08:35 PM
for the topic, no way are bone thugs best group. Wu tang is def. best group. Bone thugs are hot but they all sound the same and rap mad fast which is dope but its like each one in the clan sound different and they are all dope.

Paranoid
06-25-2007, 10:41 PM
not the greatest(in my opinion), but bone thugs have the most unique style of rapping (and its crazy that all 5 of them perfect it) in the history of hip hop.

Mo Murda
06-25-2007, 10:54 PM
every single bone thugs is unique, especially Bizzy Bone, anyway if yall havent checked out bone here are some vids.

here is a vid of them just straight showing there rapping skills and flowing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xTgCUSRG0k

here is another vid showing there harmonizing and singing abilities.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4p69U-hqNo

here is another vid showing both styles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbvs7ITKkL8

WeMadeIt
06-25-2007, 11:55 PM
\I can't stand NWA

Mo Murda
06-26-2007, 12:11 AM
bone never has fallen off and strength and loyalty is proof, check this song called 9mm from there new cd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gImavwEaGWg

Art-Official
06-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Bone is dope especially their first few albums.

Wu-Tang Kills G-Unit
06-26-2007, 02:05 AM
I lake bone, but

Wu-Tang>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>____

LORD ZERO
06-26-2007, 02:22 AM
^^^agreed

LuckyTheWonderDog
06-26-2007, 03:18 AM
for the topic, no way are bone thugs best group. Wu tang is def. best group. Bone thugs are hot but they all sound the same and rap mad fast which is dope but its like each one in the clan sound different and they are all dope.

9 mcs that all have their own style, but fit together perfectly. Never been anything like it. A group with 9 mcs you'd expect to have 2 or three decent ones and then the rest be average at best, but Wu pulled off the unthinkable. Every member brought something to the tracks.

Assassinator
06-26-2007, 05:20 AM
I think Bone Thugs are sick, but why come to a Wu Tang forum to say this?

word. they're both up there in the greatest hip hop groups of all time but theres alot of other groups from that era up there too.

shalom7
06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Ice T invented gangsta rap because he came out before NWA so if anybody should be called the originator of gangsta rap, it's Ice T.

Not completely correct, Ice T brought it to the mainstream, but Schooly D out of Philly was droppin that shit back in 1985, before Ice T was spittin gangsta......Ice was on some hiphop/party steez first, then flipped to the gangsta steez.......Schooly's 1st joint was gangsta style....

but yes, BOTH were out before NWA.....

s7

shalom7
06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Best hip-hip groups to ever exist:

1.) N.W.A.

2.) Wu-Tang Clan

3.) Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

Only one u got right was Wutang.....i TOTALLY disagree with your other choices....

s7

OTB
06-28-2007, 01:13 PM
off top-

1>wu tang/public enemy - tie
2>run-dmc/bdp - tie
3>gangstarr
4>killarmy
5>sunz of man
6>epmd/boot camp - tie
7>gravediggaz
8>outkast
9>geto boyz/nwa - tie
10>d.i.t.c/juice crew - tie
11>madvillain/fugeez/digable planets

bone maybe 12 or 13 with tribe/artifacts etc-

peace-

DRUNKENDRAGON
06-28-2007, 04:35 PM
B.O.N.E's weak, check your heads.

CharlesJones
06-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Onyx, Black Moon, Smif And Wessun, Heltah Skeltah, OGC, Da Youngstas, Illegal, The Alkaholics, Mobb Deep, Run DMC, Whodini are better than Bone Thugs.

IrOnMaN
07-01-2007, 01:22 PM
^^^All those hip-hop groups you've just listed aren't better than BTNH, my friend.:nonono: Thanks.

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-01-2007, 02:51 PM
E. 1999 ETERNAL = best rap cd ever

Ok thats going a little too far.

cap
07-01-2007, 04:54 PM
they wouldnt make my top 10,i dont feel like deciphring every word they're saying.
am i the only one who most of the times doesnt understand the majority of their lyrics?

Jeru
07-01-2007, 04:55 PM
I liked Crossroads

Dokuro
07-01-2007, 04:56 PM
no there the second beast R&G artest ever second to only nate

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-01-2007, 05:13 PM
off top-

1>wu tang/public enemy - tie
2>run-dmc/bdp - tie
3>gangstarr
4>killarmy
5>sunz of man
6>epmd/boot camp - tie
7>gravediggaz
8>outkast
9>geto boyz/nwa - tie
10>d.i.t.c/juice crew - tie
11>madvillain/fugeez/digable planets

bone maybe 12 or 13 with tribe/artifacts etc-

peace-

i agree with something, but puttin bdp that high aint right, cuz juice crew is doper...

Guarded By Martyrs
07-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Wu-Tang ARE the greatest rap group of all time if you ask me.
But the tracks Bone Thugs done with BIG & Tupac are both dope.

drippie k
07-02-2007, 04:25 AM
to me, they got the best flow any rapper could ever have n they way they do their songs is pure genius...they never get the props they deserve

Guarded By Martyrs
07-02-2007, 03:53 PM
The one problem I have with Bone Thugz is that they are just too fast especially Bizzie Bone, yeah it sounds heavy but I like to hear what MC's are saying