PDA

View Full Version : Why Don't Mc's Just Remain In One Group

TAURO
06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
One thing thats really annoys me at times in hip hop is when an mc who is part of a well established group just goes and joins another group, or in some cases even a third, or a fourth. Im aware that sometimes politics gets in the way at times or minor beef between group members happens, but I feel that if you think you need to join another group because you aren't getting along with your current members, just call it quits and leave all together. Don't just dangle between both for the sake of it, decide who you prefer to work with and just make your choice.

I know that people are not gonna agree with me for the most part because I think the first person everyone here is gonna think off and use against me is Ghostface and his affiliation with Theadore Unit. While I would never want to see him leave the wu for any reason, I just don't think he should affiliate himself so closley to TU, if he wants to help them out fine, but he should never openly rep TU as a member.

Ofcourse I know things are not so black and white and there are some good reasons for joining up with other groups, but what I don't like seeing is when it starts to become a trend in hip hop.

What do people think?

LORD ZERO
06-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Yeah I Agree W/ This Topic, Especially On Wu Terms, All These Diff Crews These Cats Are Joining Are Fundamentally Good But Isnt All That Good Of A Business Idea, Ghost Shoulda Stayed Wu And Nothing Else In My Opinion

Hellspawn
06-26-2007, 05:53 AM
co sign!
but I think that annoy me only with Wu members, for other groups I dont really care.

THE W
06-26-2007, 07:36 AM
no one wants to see their favorite group break up but if dudes want to branch out i see no problem with it other than the new(or other) group they join being wack.

Edgar Erebus
06-26-2007, 08:02 AM
I got even problem with branching out. Look, if you got a good and well-established group, side solo projects are in 90% weaker than group work. Not to mention them side groups.

And yeah: the only one that's responsible for such shit being so widespread is RZA.

TAURO
06-26-2007, 08:37 AM
It's not just wu-tang though, other rappers do it too, like Kieth in a recent interview who's bringing out a new group called L.O.D or something, I mean why when he's a part of Def Squad.

Visionz
06-26-2007, 09:44 AM
In Ghost's case I could see how you just trying to let other dudes eat. No one in TU really belongs on a Wu album (I like Trife but stylistcally I just don't see it) So you try to put some younger cats on but you gotta use the credibilty of your name to get them out there in the first place.

In general I could see it happening if you're wanting to try out something different but you don't wanna betray fans by handing them something different than what they're used to. Like Del and his work with Gorillaz.

It may not always be the greatest thing when it happens but there could be some logical reasons behind it.

DJMethods
06-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Easy answer: Money

Edgar Erebus
06-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Whatever. At least, hip-hop shares 1st place with jazz on number of collaborations. Louis Armstrong had four groups in the same time during '30s.

Sean
06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
I can see what you're saying but it doesn't really bother me, they can do what they want.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah I Agree W/ This Topic, Especially On Wu Terms, All These Diff Crews These Cats Are Joining Are Fundamentally Good But Isnt All That Good Of A Business Idea, Ghost Shoulda Stayed Wu And Nothing Else In My Opinion

yeah, i agree...

WuGambino
06-26-2007, 03:46 PM
So you want Gravediggaz without RZA?

xHard to Earnx
06-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Everyone's gotta have weedcarriers, and in Ghost's case, that's TU. I mean, U-God's already holding for everyone else in the Clan (and even some Killa Bees) so it's perfectly understandable for Ghost to need some extra support.

TAURO
06-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd combine the obvious and ,

with the allure of wanting to be that main dude of the group if you weren't in your original group. also you might want to / feel like you have to put others on

But if they just want the spotlight then they just become solo artists, you wouldn't have to join another group.