PDA

View Full Version : pap?

10th R
06-26-2007, 04:22 AM
Don't know if there's another thread with this guy, but what do yall think about Papoose? you know, kay Slay's guy..

Is Papoose what youu want to see more of in the future?
Is he the savior/or one of them of real hip Hop?

your view...
his Lyrical abillity, expectations and so on.

your view...

The Hound
06-26-2007, 04:46 AM
hes made too many mixtapes imo, should of dropped an album by now, his debut will drop, wont be the classic everyone demands and people will shit on him and his career will be buried before it even starts

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
06-26-2007, 06:08 AM
I also agree.Pap made to many mixtapes and put out the best material he got ON MIXTAPES.He will be washed up his second album

samething happened to 50 cent.We prolly still wouldn't of liked him though

Edgar Erebus
06-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Mixtapes water-down hip-hop.

Papoose COULD be hip-hop savior. He got maaaad potential, I mean, I was thinking he's just another fake thug NYC has shitloads nowadays, but actually started listening to the man after hearing "The Victory 2007":

"If I made a title that offended whole industry,
would ya all say my title in your interviews?
If I came out dissin everyone of y'all,
would I sell as much records as these other dudes?
If I said I was retiring and I never left,
would ya all show me love when I come back?
If I ran the streets for the past two years,
would you respect me or would you say 'Fuck Pap'?"

That shit is from best fucking verse dropped this year. Then I realized this guy could really change shit. But instead, what do we got? First single is gonna be produced by Scott Storch, that already says much what the album is gonna be like.

junius
06-26-2007, 09:41 AM
i thin Pap at his best is great but absolutely, the mixtape shit REALLY fucks things up. assume he's made some $$$ off it all, OK, it's better than working the cash register at Key Food (bad ghetto grocery store) but...

imagine almost any classic/personal classic we dig & think how it might have been had PE/Nas/GZA etc etc dropped x # of their best verses on dumbass mixtapes.

if, by comparison, Pap had self-released ONE real studio record or even some 12"s... most people would still be hyped about his potential.

TAURO
06-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Mixtapes water-down hip-hop.

My thoughts exactly.

Bigot Hitman
06-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Papoose is just a punchline rapper, he's made two descent songs that i've heard, that's In the bushes and...nah he's just made one good song. He's a clever lyricist in the punchline department, but his voice gets annoying and punchlines is just boast'in they really don't mean anything. I won't buy his shit.

Edgar Erebus
06-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Papoose is just a punchline rapper, he's made two descent songs that i've heard, that's In the bushes and...nah he's just made one good song.

Na, na, more than one song. I mean, he has at few awesome joints on each mixtape, and don't forget Alphabetical Slaughter... no one even tried that before.

The problem is that as an artist you gotta have some selection. I mean that like 2Pac, he made hundreds of songs during his Death Row phase - and made only three CD's during that. I think Pac knew some reason for not publishing everything he did. But obviously some people realized quantity brings more cream.

The Hound
06-26-2007, 11:45 AM
why does everyone assume pac recording all those songs on death row was some shit, pac recorded all those songs to quickly release albums to get the fuck off death row

and he only made 2 cd's off death row, i think he had a 5 cd contract or some shit

Edgar Erebus
06-26-2007, 11:47 AM
If he was like Pap he'd have 5 CD's in that period. Or maybe not. Whatever, he's dead anyway.

SaqurakiHanamichi
06-26-2007, 12:10 PM
i never liked pap . To me he was boring,

ill rather listen to saigon any day.

Bigot Hitman
06-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Na, na, more than one song. I mean, he has at few awesome joints on each mixtape, and don't forget Alphabetical Slaughter... no one even tried that before.

I only felt one, that alphabetical slaughter has no replay value to me, that in the bushes is his only solo song i can listen to more than once.

IronFingaz7
06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
i never liked pap . To me he was boring,

ill rather listen to saigon any day.

Me too. I was never really impressed with Pap and that whole Alphabetical Slaughter shit, no disrespect, but I was doing that shit back when I was in high school just for fun and I'm now a graduating senior in college. I used to even do girls names for them where every line every word would start with that letter in their name that I was on.

P.E.A.C.E.

The Hound
06-26-2007, 12:25 PM

The problem is that as an artist you gotta have some selection. I mean that like 2Pac, he made hundreds of songs during his Death Row phase - and made only three CD's during that. I think Pac knew some reason for not publishing everything he did. But obviously some people realized quantity brings more cream.

holy fucking toledo, how did i miss that? blackalicious did that shit fuckin AGEESSSSSSSSSSS AGO, that alphabetical shit is PLAYYYYYYYED OUT, i liked pap, but i cringe at that song

jallainINS
06-26-2007, 12:36 PM
yeah Gift Of Gab did that alphabetic song a long ass time ago and i like his version better. but i do enjoy papoose, he might just be a punchline rapper but im not gonna lie i like a lot of his verses. i dont really dig his solo songs, i like when he teams up with like, jada or sheek, or that song New York with jada, talib, and raekwon. but we'll see, ill prolly cop his album and give him a shot.

Edgar Erebus
06-26-2007, 01:11 PM
AIght, I fucked up. Ma bad.

Dirty Knowledge
06-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Mixtapes watered down hip-hop? Maybe mainstream.. fuck the world, Pap is hot cop Aaaall his mixtapes and that's all you'll ever need.

Law Library is BANANAS

mofo
06-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I never got into pap so much that he will be the one to bring back NY. And yeah, I would perfer to listen to Saigon instead.

Edgar Erebus
06-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Mixtapes watered down hip-hop? Maybe mainstream.. fuck the world, Pap is hot cop Aaaall his mixtapes and that's all you'll ever need.

Law Library is BANANAS
I heard them all - he improved drastically since his beginnings. But his most powerful tracks could constitute a classic album even now - instead they are scattered on 18 mixtapes. That's watering down.

baritone
06-27-2007, 01:50 AM
i believe every generation has their group of well-known lyricists

Papoose and Saigon are this generation's, the "Hip Hop Is Dead" generation

TSA
06-27-2007, 02:22 AM
Papoose is just a punchline rapper, he's made two descent songs that i've heard, that's In the bushes and...nah he's just made one good song. He's a clever lyricist in the punchline department, but his voice gets annoying and punchlines is just boast'in they really don't mean anything. I won't buy his shit.

Big L was a punchline rapper. The best punchliner of all time, probably the real father of that style but i compare Pap to him a lot. Only difference is L is lyrically sharper, but Pap is more well rounded with the subjects he covers and is a better song maker.

Law Library
Alpabetical Slaughter
Monopoly,
Sharades,

and tons more. those are songs with concepts that are revolutionary. He's also the leader of the new school with what i call 3rd generation rappers

2nd gen was Rakim and out of him came the whole 90's style, now it's Pap leading things cause his style of straight mixtape, street fame is a blueprint a lot of the new gen rappers are using. Saigon, all the cats in the south, tru life and shit.

Albums are becoming less relevant sadly. Internet and MTV fucked it up, and so these new rappers have adapted and learned the future is underground. I say pap's the leader cause he's the one with the most clout, not cause he invented it, but cause he's the one doing it the best.

Pap will be a legend after his time, trust me.

TSA
06-27-2007, 02:24 AM
I never got into pap so much that he will be the one to bring back NY. And yeah, I would perfer to listen to Saigon instead.

your missing out. Saigon is the truth tho, but listen to What the Fuck is a Papoose with the Criminology beat. pure meth rocks

baritone
06-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Pap will be a legend after his time, trust me.

this is true shit

DJMethods
06-27-2007, 09:44 AM
If he's the best coming up, hip-hop really is in trouble

Edgar Erebus
06-27-2007, 09:49 AM
I really don't get why this hate. He is a dope MC, I don't get how come so much people hate him.

DJMethods
06-27-2007, 09:53 AM
I really don't get why this hate. He is a dope MC, I don't get how come so much people hate him.

Yeah i was harsh... he's a pretty good MC, I liked some of his songs (Monopoly ect), but really, he's not THAT good. I've heard good songs, but I've also heard some weak, weak songs. He needed to save his good shit and just release a fuckin album.

Im not sure... but did wu release 82637 mixtapes before 36 chambers? Doubt it, they made a flawless album, without that much hype, which is now one of the most recognisable hip-hop albums worldwide. Fuck hype, make a dope album and let the word of mouth carry the shit