PDA

View Full Version : how do you feel about the Nas- MC Burial track?

ballistic
07-26-2005, 05:21 PM
i thought this was pretty effective....Nas sounds hungry, and he had some nice lines in there too. "...dont want beef they're vegetarian/scared of pussy you climbed out of cesarian" ....and then the part where he was defining the word "ether-eal", which i thought was clever on several levels. and then of course, the most ominous foreshadowing of what is to come : "...joe was to street for him, now its time for Nas to Ether him..."
i know there was already a thread about this, but i didnt see many clear opinions...not just on this track alone, but its implications. state them here...

ballistic
07-26-2005, 09:43 PM
no opinions?

P3T3R BARK3R
07-26-2005, 09:51 PM
like i said in the other thread i think nas was just a little playing on that track, like a freestyle or something.
same as he did with hova.

so i think he will come with some ether 2 shit or what ever he will call this track and slaughter fitty.

but maybe nas is also pisse off coz mobb deep and m.o.p. were signed to g-unit records so they will sell a lot of shit in the future and nas hasn't the last few years (overseas, i dunno how street's disciple sold in the states). so maybe he's a little jealous. but that's just a rumour or thought i heard.
it is not my opinion, i just think nas wants to beat fitty coz he talked shit about kelis. that's it, repin your wife ;)

God'sSon2517
07-27-2005, 12:01 AM
I think the track is amazing considering it's not even the real diss yet (I'm guessing it's like the warning shot, the real diss will be on Nasdaq Dow Jones I figure). When he started explaining the meaning of ethereal, that was pretty dope. "Smell of brimstone, I'm back from hell again" :thumbup: BTW, does anyone have any idea when Nasdaq Dow Jones is supposed to drop? I know there's no release date yet but like an approximation?

triggahappy187
07-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Main that wasnt shit he better have been playin round jus givin a warnin diss off cuz honestly Jada diss was a lot better.

ballistic
07-27-2005, 01:09 AM
^really? what didnt you like about it?

o yeah, "the smell of brimstone"...that was sick...

it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds, since mobb and mop are all now on g-unit records. doesnt necessarily mean that they'll get into it, but what if prodigy jumped in? that could get real ugly...i think someone needs to put p out of his misery, but thats besides the point. now we can watch if 50 is ignorant and arrogant enough to respond, or intelligent enough to just let it go at this. personally, id love to have him respond so nas can truly 'ether him' on his next album.
and i dont know when that nasdaq dow jones is coming out...hell of a name though.

RynMur
07-27-2005, 01:56 AM
I think this is just the beginning for Nas and it's just going to get better. Oh yea whoever asked if anyone found a track without alot of that dj sampling, I downloaded another name for the diss called don't body yourself and it's a little better.

KIND
07-27-2005, 01:44 PM
I thought the track was slick & I cant wait for his new album

On the whole sitution though:
I know niggaz gotta eat but Mobb signing with G-Unit was a BITCH MOVE. All the ammo Nas is bout to spray at 50 is well deserved & Mobb wanna jump in the way then so be it.

I do look forward 2 hearing Prodigy over some Dre beats & a collab with M&M

G...
07-27-2005, 02:02 PM
I didn't think much too it. Nas can do so much better. ONE

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-27-2005, 02:05 PM
i like all the subliminals in the track: the fact the beat samples John Legend (TAAAAKE IT SLOOOOW) & all the rest....it's like H to the Homo, a first punch before the knockout....one of my favorite disses by Nas is that DJ Clue freestyle over that Mobb Deep beat........he fuckin ripped Jay-Z on that

ShaolinDarts
07-27-2005, 02:12 PM
I just heard this and my guess would be that Nas is just seeking a response. I have noticed in the past that Nas often does tracks like this to see what kind of a response he will get in return.

07-27-2005, 02:16 PM
^and that's why he's one of the best

Paco_Mtl
07-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Niggaz cant fuck wit nas........jay coudnt, 50 wont do much better.....considerin he has way more enemies and haters than hov.....not to mention less tenure in the industry

this is more like nelly vs krs

NO COMPETITION!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-27-2005, 04:14 PM
nas could just read out a child's rhyme and it would still fuck anything 50 could do

Bedlam
07-27-2005, 05:40 PM
i like all the subliminals in the track: the fact the beat samples John Legend (TAAAAKE IT SLOOOOW) & all the rest....it's like H to the Homo, a first punch before the knockout....one of my favorite disses by Nas is that DJ Clue freestyle over that Mobb Deep beat........he fuckin ripped Jay-Z on that
yo Sun Tzu, could you up the Nas over Mobb Deep song? I got half of it off Limewire, and it was sounding so ill

P3T3R BARK3R
07-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Niggaz cant fuck wit nas........jay coudnt, 50 wont do much better.....considerin he has way more enemies and haters than hov.....not to mention less tenure in the industry

this is more like nelly vs krs

NO COMPETITION!
but remember the 50 vs ja rule beef.

a lot of industry cats jumped on fittys back to help him and wipe ja out!

07-27-2005, 07:32 PM
yo Sun Tzu, could you up the Nas over Mobb Deep song? I got half of it off Limewire, and it was sounding so ill

give me a minute

07-27-2005, 07:34 PM
http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z13RZ4M6AMCR1BR6YZWKZH7L3 (http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z13RZ4M6AMCR1BR6YZWKZH7L3)

i like this diss alot, he really gets lyrical and gets at jay-z

P3T3R BARK3R
07-27-2005, 07:39 PM
so this was the "pre-ether"?

07-27-2005, 07:39 PM
naw after

Bedlam
07-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks Sun Tzu, dope song

P3T3R BARK3R
07-27-2005, 08:03 PM
@sun tzu:
mad props. i did not know this one. a real killer...

God'sSon2517
07-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Ooooooooooooooh, that's a Jay-Z diss? I remember I used to have that song on my older computer but it was labeled a 2Pac diss for some reason and I only had half the song. I've been meaning to ask about this freestyle so I'm glad you upped it.