PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart and the downfall of were you live

100pr00f
06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3836296181471292925&q=movie+duration%3Along&hl=en

wal-mart..what are the good things of it

well i can tell u some of the bad things

1. (the take over)

when a wal-mar movies in to a small or medium town
it drives other store owners out of buisness...
first they take money from them for building roads and laying pipe lines so a wal-mart can come in town..taxes...all of us work pay em
another problem it creates is it drives down property value
so when some one does lose their store and needs to sell off the building they own the price will be around 25% lower then what they payed for

2. (do more for less)

employees are cheated out of hours all the time
they are forced to work over time hours off the clock for no pay in fear of being fired
a manger will trick them.. they will take their over time and throw it on to the next pay time so no matter what they only get 40 hrs a week..

3. (women)

they are worthless..alot of women who have worked for them dont get promoted and or women who work their will clean the bathrooms cuz ...thats "a woman's job"

4. (health pay)

the big prob..........

who pays for wal-marts employees health/ benefits

.......we do........

out of every state with a wal-mart.. multi amount of peeps have to seek other help for heath needs

what wal-mart said to them ...go on welfare

so every year we pay wal-mart over a billion $ so their staff can go to the doctors if needed

watch the clip above u will see more then what i have said

what is ur say in all of this,........

Visionz
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
I'll have to watch the actual video later But I don't shop at wal-mart at all. To me, they're the epitome of corperate america saling the people out for profits.

100pr00f
06-28-2007, 02:20 PM
they are not only fucking up america the are fucking up a bunch of other places ae well

they put profit befor human life

fact'

they have a shit load of cameras inside the store to monitor their goods and their employees....

but out side ..none

alot of peeps have been killed or raped or their cars have been stolen from a wal-mart parking lot
..u see a sign saying its video protected...its not

MindzEye
06-28-2007, 02:29 PM
they showed this movie to kids at school and pretty much the every kid went anti-wal mart after seeing it.

Visionz
06-28-2007, 02:33 PM
haha....damn that's fucked up but not surprisingthey got a 1000 plants in China running slave laborso fuckin their employees here is no stretch at all.I heard they opened up Wal-Marts in Germany but they had to shut 'em down because no one would shop there.It could happen here, we just all need to be on the same page

100pr00f
06-28-2007, 02:40 PM
what will work is if all the workers here will just quite

after seeing that clip
ireally wish some one will just kill lee scott

fuck rich prick
saves money the best way he can

fucker ate a 10$ meal to save money and sleep in the same room with his partner

fucking prick

he and his fam gave away 6 grand for the homless

fucking wal-mart empleeys gave away over 5 mill and they berly have money

wal mart gave 4% to over a year
bill gates gave away 58% of his earnings in a year

check two
06-28-2007, 03:33 PM
I used to work at a Walmart back in high school. I remember on school nights, I wanted to get right home after work. It was time for me to leave for the night, and I had my department all fronted(faced), and was ready to check out. Though, the front doors were locked from the inside. lol One of the people in charge told me that I wasn't allowed to leave until every department in the store was finished their fronting of items. I eventually ended up quitting cause I was getting tired of having to wait around so long, and getting home so late on the school nights.

I remember a few years back, that Walmart got in trouble, cause a worker got injured bad in the store, and the doors were locked from the inside. Nobody in charge that night had the keys with them to open the doors, so they had to wait until a worker they called, could get to the store.

And back to the thread, how many Walmart stores do people need? If there is a Walmart store in one town, do they really need to build another Walmart store in the neighboring town, which is only like ten minutes away? They are building another Super Walmart nearby to me. Walmart bought out a small pizza place, that was in business for like 37 years. The owners lived above the pizza place. Some of my relatives had been going to that pizza place since the 70's. And it's not just Walmart building way too many stores around my way. Do you need a CVS drug store on like every single road? How many Wawa convenience stores do you need in one town? They are putting all the smaller gas stations out of business. Do you need 100 different banks in one town?

Tangaz
06-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the video. I'm not in the US so I didn't really know much beyond people complaining about them and the hilarious South Park episode. After seeing that, I can see that South Park was pretty much spot-on (in it's completely over the top style) as usual!

That was a harrowing watch at times!

The dude sent to make sure that the Chinese plants were up to scratch with human rights and all that and was talking about how he was crying on the phone to his wife the first night, her reassuring him that he'd fix it all, only to be fired for telling 'em about it all.

The family-run supermarket that were not ordering more inventory so that they could pay their employess as they were going out of business.

...Yeah, well worth a watch.

check two
06-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Do people think that Walmart started changing once their owner died in like 1992? Cause it seems like they are going against a bunch of things that the original owner set forth.

11th Chamber
06-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Didnt watch the video yet, but I like Wal-Mart. Thier prices are great, and im there atleast once a week(Usually 2-3 am, high as fuck)

100pr00f
06-29-2007, 02:45 AM
ui like wal-mart too but after watching this..mad me want to stop going...lee scott dosnt need to have my money he is a lying prick who is a billionair and is still money hungry ..

he sacraficed lives for profit

WARPATH
07-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Boo Hoo.....

People are mad because they can't compete with Wal-Mart. Some cry baby shit.

Wal-Mart helps save me money, which means more money in my pocket. Can't complain about that.

100pr00f
07-02-2007, 12:45 PM
lol watch the vid

wal- mart factoreis in other countrys kill workers...u buy a shirt for 14 $ witch only takes 12 cents to make ...
peeps only get 2 $ a day for work

lee scott put money before lives alot of peeps lives are ruind

check the vid
ur affected by it to if u work..ur taxes pay for their staff to have health care cuz the ceo is worried about making profit for him self

WARPATH
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
lol watch the vid

wal- mart factoreis in other countrys kill workers...u buy a shirt for 14 $ witch only takes 12 cents to make ...
peeps only get 2 $ a day for work

lee scott put money before lives alot of peeps lives are ruind

check the vid
ur affected by it to if u work..ur taxes pay for their staff to have health care cuz the ceo is worried about making profit for him self

Whaaaaaaaaaa!

I don't by cheap wal-mart t-shirts unless they're for work.

It's good to know people in other countries are making some bank. Two dollars stretches a long way in other countries.

My taxes pay off their staff? Your taxes pay for my health care too! I get my health care from the indian health services.

Who do you think pay ihs workers? Your taxes.

As a matter of fact, my wifee works for ihs, so that means your paying for a lot of the neat shit laying around my house.

hectis
07-02-2007, 08:51 PM
wal mart came to the city were i live and put nearly every thing out of business

100pr00f
07-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaa!

I don't by cheap wal-mart t-shirts unless they're for work.

It's good to know people in other countries are making some bank. Two dollars stretches a long way in other countries.

My taxes pay off their staff? Your taxes pay for my health care too! I get my health care from the indian health services.

Who do you think pay ihs workers? Your taxes.

As a matter of fact, my wifee works for ihs, so that means your paying for a lot of the neat shit laying around my house.

so ur saying u dont mind peeps dying to make ur shit

and the peeps that work in the factories work 20 hr days
and with thier pay they gotta pay for utilitys that keep the factories running
so they only get cents a day
in yen not us $

they get paid a half a cent in us $ a day to be slaves

watch the vid

dont post till u do slippy haha
ull see
he i liked wal-mart too..till i saw the vid

100pr00f
07-03-2007, 12:14 PM
wal mart came to the city were i live and put nearly every thing out of business

not only that ..property value as gone down for store owners aswell

the said thing is..we have to pay the wal-mart to come its all taken from taxes

wal-mart dosnt pay shit...
the ceo profit is over 88% a year

not only that ...he only gives about 10,000 away a year for chairty

while the combined wal-mart staff gives away 50 mill a year
and they dont have much money

WARPATH
07-03-2007, 02:15 PM
so ur saying u dont mind peeps dying to make ur shit

and the peeps that work in the factories work 20 hr days
and with thier pay they gotta pay for utilitys that keep the factories running
so they only get cents a day
in yen not us $

they get paid a half a cent in us $ a day to be slaves

watch the vid

dont post till u do slippy haha
ull see
he i liked wal-mart too..till i saw the vid

I was watching the video when I made that comment, and i'm still not changing a thing.

These people choose to work for these sweat shops. Yeah, I agree these slave like conditions are fucked up, but they have a choice, they always have a choice.

It's not like sombody's cracking a whip behind them, that video just shows a bunch of disgruntled employees. The problem isn't wal-mart exploiting people, the problem is the government that allows large companies to exploit it's people. And if you get right down to it, it's the people that empower the government.

I know for a fact that Wal-Mart pays some of it's employees more than the water operators here, and that says a lot about our tribal government.

WARPATH
07-03-2007, 02:19 PM
not only that ..property value as gone down for store owners aswell

the said thing is..we have to pay the wal-mart to come its all taken from taxes

wal-mart dosnt pay shit...
the ceo profit is over 88% a year

not only that ...he only gives about 10,000 away a year for chairty

while the combined wal-mart staff gives away 50 mill a year
and they dont have much money

All of the smaller mom and pop buisness don't nessicarily give back to their respective communities either. If they did, people would probably shop their instead of Wal-Mart more often. Or maybe people are just tired of mom and pop stores holding a monoply on their products in these small communities, and now these buisness owners are upset because Wal-Mart is giving the same product for cheaper. If ma and pop store want to compete they gotta cut some of their profits.

Visionz
07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
All of the smaller mom and pop buisness don't nessicarily give back to their respective communities either. If they did, people would probably shop their instead of Wal-Mart more often. Or maybe people are just tired of mom and pop stores holding a monoply on their products in these small communities, and now these buisness owners are upset because Wal-Mart is giving the same product for cheaper. If ma and pop store want to compete they gotta cut some of their profits.
It's called buying power. Wal-Mart is able to negotiate their prices they pay for shit in ways that a mom and pop never could. If they tried to sale the same thing that Wal-Mart does at the same price they'd most likely go out of business.

100pr00f
07-03-2007, 02:47 PM
I was watching the video when I made that comment, and i'm still not changing a thing.

These people choose to work for these sweat shops. Yeah, I agree these slave like conditions are fucked up, but they have a choice, they always have a choice.

It's not like sombody's cracking a whip behind them, that video just shows a bunch of disgruntled employees. The problem isn't wal-mart exploiting people, the problem is the government that allows large companies to exploit it's people. And if you get right down to it, it's the people that empower the government.

I know for a fact that Wal-Mart pays some of it's employees more than the water operators here, and that says a lot about our tribal government.

what about the guy who is supposed to check the condition of them places..he found all the bad things as was seen on the vid but when he tried to report it

he got fired

fired for doing his job

wal-mart dosnt want any one to know what go's on

and apperntly u dint see the vid yes they get beat for not working 20 hrs a day

if they lack they get beat....
peeps been killed for leaving work quiting work

so u you agree with the ceo

money over life
like i said befor...he gians money and dosnt spent it

when he is away on trips he sleeps with other folk in his compeny so he dosnt have to spen $ for a room
lol
mutli billionair dosnt want to spend 200$ a night so he gets hes workers to pay

mom and pop store around my way give back
...the donate,, they sponser lil leage sport teams so they can have team unifoarms and proper equipment to play with lol

what does wal-mart think of women or other races beside whites

they cant exceed in the biz..
this is out of the mouth of the ceo

check two
07-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Walmart depends on a lot of rednecks that shop there.

WARPATH
07-03-2007, 04:14 PM
what about the guy who is supposed to check the condition of them places..he found all the bad things as was seen on the vid but when he tried to report it

he got fired

fired for doing his job

wal-mart dosnt want any one to know what go's on

and apperntly u dint see the vid yes they get beat for not working 20 hrs a day

if they lack they get beat....
peeps been killed for leaving work quiting work

so u you agree with the ceo

money over life
like i said befor...he gians money and dosnt spent it

when he is away on trips he sleeps with other folk in his compeny so he dosnt have to spen $ for a room
lol
mutli billionair dosnt want to spend 200$ a night so he gets hes workers to pay

mom and pop store around my way give back
...the donate,, they sponser lil leage sport teams so they can have team unifoarms and proper equipment to play with lol

what does wal-mart think of women or other races beside whites

they cant exceed in the biz..
this is out of the mouth of the ceo

I don't agree with the Ceo, why do you keep implying that. I'm just stating the facts.

That whole video was propaganda from disgruntled employees.

You talk about Wal-Mart like it's some big boogey man. Wal-Mart is just a name of an organization ran and supported by people just like me and you.

If you want to point fingers start pointing them at yourself.

100pr00f
07-03-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't agree with the Ceo, why do you keep implying that. I'm just stating the facts.

That whole video was propaganda from disgruntled employees.

You talk about Wal-Mart like it's some big boogey man. Wal-Mart is just a name of an organization ran and supported by people just like me and you.

If you want to point fingers start pointing them at yourself.

lol ran by people like me and u

first ..its ran by 4 fam members

who in the first place was ritch to begin with

they are what u call old money

money that go's far back ..

even the money they have was from slaves thier grand parents own

lol

they never seen a hood
or know what a ford focus is

they are def not like u and me

....im not pointing fangers just laying facts....

its right thier u can see it
its not me speaking my mind ..its true facts...
if u whan ill post up
the earnings and how much u actully pay ...

u think its cheap..put ur not looking at that over 30% of american taxes put out by hard workers like me and u go to wal-mart

insteed off builing new schools or supplying homes to the homless

lee scott is putting a million $ paint job on his bently..that we all paid for..

even if u dont like wal-mart of if u dont spend money thier ...u are still giving wal-mart money

u can find those stat any were...actully it was in the ny times a year ago...ill post when i find em

TUCO
07-03-2007, 06:48 PM
basically......besides the point u made bout ur taxes and watever....none of ur arguments or negative aspects of the company really affect YOU 100proof
u might "care" and "feel bad" for wat the sweatshop workers and the wal-mart employees go thru.....and not to sound immature or ignorant....but SO WHAT!?!?!?!?!
i love wal-mart....cheap shit, big stores....yea the company has a bad history and track record....but that shit aint stopping me from stepping in the store and saving a buncha money
i understand fully what ur saying man...and i can sympathize that
but c'mon man....its a great store

WARPATH
07-03-2007, 06:50 PM
lol ran by people like me and u

first ..its ran by 4 fam members

who in the first place was ritch to begin with

they are what u call old money

money that go's far back ..

even the money they have was from slaves thier grand parents own

lol

they never seen a hood
or know what a ford focus is

they are def not like u and me

....im not pointing fangers just laying facts....

its right thier u can see it
its not me speaking my mind ..its true facts...
if u whan ill post up
the earnings and how much u actully pay ...

u think its cheap..put ur not looking at that over 30% of american taxes put out by hard workers like me and u go to wal-mart

insteed off builing new schools or supplying homes to the homless

lee scott is putting a million $ paint job on his bently..that we all paid for..

even if u dont like wal-mart of if u dont spend money thier ...u are still giving wal-mart money

u can find those stat any were...actully it was in the ny times a year ago...ill post when i find em

The people that build, run, operate, clean, and support these stores through sales are people like you and me.

If you don't like what Wal-mart is doing to other countries than buy american made products.

The only reason Wal-Mart succeeds is becuase people like their services. Unless someone is offering it for cheaper I will continue to buy house wares, groceries and whatever else I might need. It might bring down your community, but my community is in dire need of a Wal-mart becuase we don't have any ma and pa type shops here. I gotta drive 75 miles to reach the nearest Wal-Mart. I ain't got the budget to be paying extra on some bullshit when I need gas.

WAL-MART IS THE SHIT!

100pr00f
07-03-2007, 08:04 PM
well hate to say ..u wanting a wal-mart near u prolly will never happen...since 2002 wal-mart was shut out of 31 states to builed a new wal-mart
since then millions of peeps protested and won

so i dont think wal-mart will be building to meny more stores

as for not affecting me it does..cuz my mom use too work thier...and was forced to work 15 hr of clock...
her and 3 others was forced to work thoses hrs..when it was time for her to go ..they told her she cant leave till every one els one els was done with stocking ..and the doors stayed lock till they get done

well guess what only only a few peeps get keys ...so all the workers had to spend the night and work till morn when the maneger came in
.... all the workers were threatend if they told any one they would be fierd ..most of them cant do nothing cuz they are to poor to leave work..and cant get other jobs cuz wal-mart shut mosat of the other places down....but we have some money and my mom left
and we are now suing them
for doing what they did

and guess what ..this happen 43 other times oround the us and have as up to 125 people suing

..so to tell u this it does effect me cuz it happen to my mom

what does the ceo ..say...its fact...and qouted..."fuck them poor white trash people"

and was recorded
and is bieng used in court

im not here to tell u stop buying from them do what u wann...

if u like supporting a asshole who dosnt care for the workers or consumers

im just shedding some light on wal-mart..on how it aint as good as every one thinks

check two
07-04-2007, 01:32 AM
100 Proof,
The same thing happened to me when I worked at Walmart, as I stated earlier in the thread. I was like 16 at the time I worked there. It was against the law for me to work past a certain time of night, as I was in school. I was done fronting my department, and it was time for me to leave for the night. But they lock the doors from the inside, for some stupid reason, like it's a cage. I had to wait for a long time until all the departments were done fronting. There was a case a few years back where an employee got seriously injured while working, and nobody had a key to get him out of the store to a hospital.

And they are still building a lot of Walmarts, at least around my area. Last year, they built a Super Walmart, within 15 minutes or so from me. Now they are planning on building another Super Walmart, about 10 minutes in the opposite direction from me. Plus, they have been talking about expanding the regular Walmart in my town, into a Super Walmart. This would most likely put the grocery store in that shopping center out of business, and probably a bunch of other stores. So Walmart might be the only store left there, and a bunch of overweight redneck women can rush around the store with their shopping carts.

TUCO
07-04-2007, 10:12 PM
.............im still shoppin at wal-mart

WARPATH
07-06-2007, 11:01 AM
well hate to say ..u wanting a wal-mart near u prolly will never happen...since 2002 wal-mart was shut out of 31 states to builed a new wal-mart
since then millions of peeps protested and won

so i dont think wal-mart will be building to meny more stores

as for not affecting me it does..cuz my mom use too work thier...and was forced to work 15 hr of clock...
her and 3 others was forced to work thoses hrs..when it was time for her to go ..they told her she cant leave till every one els one els was done with stocking ..and the doors stayed lock till they get done

well guess what only only a few peeps get keys ...so all the workers had to spend the night and work till morn when the maneger came in
.... all the workers were threatend if they told any one they would be fierd ..most of them cant do nothing cuz they are to poor to leave work..and cant get other jobs cuz wal-mart shut mosat of the other places down....but we have some money and my mom left
and we are now suing them
for doing what they did

and guess what ..this happen 43 other times oround the us and have as up to 125 people suing

..so to tell u this it does effect me cuz it happen to my mom

what does the ceo ..say...its fact...and qouted..."fuck them poor white trash people"

and was recorded
and is bieng used in court

im not here to tell u stop buying from them do what u wann...

if u like supporting a asshole who dosnt care for the workers or consumers

im just shedding some light on wal-mart..on how it aint as good as every one thinks

Nobody forced your mom. Your mom made a choice.

If anything, shopping at Wal-Mart was supporting your mom's because if people didn't shop at Wal-Mart your mom's couldn't get paid.

I have family that worked at Wal-Mart too, and I never heard them complaining.

Wal-Mart isn't banned here, they're always trying to build bigger facilities in this state. A Wal-Mart in my community would mean more jobs.

100pr00f
07-06-2007, 01:46 PM
lol she was forced to work..she was locked in 15 hrs befor she could leave along with a couple other workers

and for those 15 hrs she didnt get paid cuz they told her she can olny get 40 hrs a week

lol no she wasnt forced to take the job..but nobody knew they wer gonna force her to work ....

read what i said above seems as if u dont read the whole thing

yea a wal-mart would mean more jobs

but guess what ..from its over seas places... the usa loses over 200,000 jobs
..cuz wal-mart is to cheap to pay workers to build and make thier products here in the states

WARPATH
07-06-2007, 04:34 PM
lol she was forced to work..she was locked in 15 hrs befor she could leave along with a couple other workers

and for those 15 hrs she didnt get paid cuz they told her she can olny get 40 hrs a week

lol no she wasnt forced to take the job..but nobody knew they wer gonna force her to work ....

read what i said above seems as if u dont read the whole thing

yea a wal-mart would mean more jobs

but guess what ..from its over seas places... the usa loses over 200,000 jobs
..cuz wal-mart is to cheap to pay workers to build and make thier products here in the states

It's called a door.

Break it. Smash it.

If that doesn't work, it's called a phone.

Use it.

Family- it's somthing that worries about you when you don't come home.

Use it.

And if all that fails, there's these people called lawyers.

Utilize them.

I'm sure Wal-Mart will settle out of court. That's an easy $10,000 for one night of trying on ladies underwear in Wal-Mart.

100pr00f
07-06-2007, 04:39 PM
again u aint reading the whole posts.....i said we a suing them

u cant break the windows and door...u try it..it aint glass

..and like i said ..they were threatend to lose thier jobs....

this happens in allmost all wal-marts....
thier are alot of casses against them cuz of this

100pr00f
07-06-2007, 04:40 PM
o and some how in most of the cases..the securty tapes have been erased

WARPATH
07-09-2007, 12:11 PM
again u aint reading the whole posts.....i said we a suing them

u cant break the windows and door...u try it..it aint glass

..and like i said ..they were threatend to lose thier jobs....

this happens in allmost all wal-marts....
thier are alot of casses against them cuz of this

No I get it. Wal-Mart rubbed you family the wrong way, so your taking it out on this thread.

Completley understandable.

But these people have a choice, they always have choice. Wal-mart isn't oppressing anybody that doesn't want to be oppressed. Maybe people need this wake up call, and that's good. But Wal-mart isn't the bad guy.

100pr00f
07-09-2007, 12:57 PM
yea the ceo lee scott is the bad guy....

he is a racist ...

WARPATH
07-09-2007, 04:01 PM
yea the ceo lee scott is the bad guy....

he is a racist ...

A racist how? he's an equal oppurtunity employer.

100pr00f
07-09-2007, 06:36 PM
cuz of the comments he made towerds blacks and asian peeps..dont u read newspapers

WARPATH
07-09-2007, 06:41 PM
cuz of the comments he made towerds blacks and asian peeps..dont u read newspapers

I don't nessicarily read everything all the time, and even then you need to evaluate the sources.

WARPATH
07-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Why was this thread moved?

To be fair 100 proof:

I was listening to Birth of the Prince this morning and Rza says somthing in that album that made me think of this discussion.

He mentions somthing about freeing us from this modern day form of slavery, and think that's what you were pointing out when you made this thread.

And even though people always have choices, somtimes the choices aren't that great and their forced to work for people like this lee Scott ass hole.

If people feel they are backed into a corner then they need to fight, and think that's the only way somtimes.

100pr00f
07-10-2007, 01:10 PM
and thats what alot of peeps are doing..but wal-mart is a beast..a multi billion $ company..it will be hard to take down..so insted of bring it down my self..lol
ill just spread word

its all good..i still go thier when i need too

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
07-10-2007, 01:24 PM
It has a video.

WARPATH
07-10-2007, 02:26 PM
It has a video.

That's not a good enough exscuse.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
07-10-2007, 03:23 PM
*excuse

WARPATH
07-10-2007, 03:25 PM
*excuse

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/low_a2f2dd15ddcf4f8.jpg

100pr00f
07-11-2007, 11:20 AM
u wanna see were im comming from check this

jedi mind tricks

q6yT3qSPtDg

Dirty Knowledge
07-11-2007, 08:32 PM
My boy used to do the "Wal-Mart Challenge"

You find a receipt outside, go inside, pick up the product -- return it. lmfao. old skool shit.

Oh, I don't fuck with Wal-Mart anyway. If they do all that though, then they're fucking smart.

smashbrother
07-11-2007, 08:33 PM
some of you dont get what capitalism means or is. yet you enjoy its fruits daily.