PDA

View Full Version : Best music store in NYC

TheCRZA
07-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Can anyone tell what the best music store in NYC? Best for total selection, underground shit, hard to find shit . . . whatever.

IronFingaz7
07-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Propbably Virgin Megastore or Fat Beats. I heard Best Buy and stuff like that doesnt really carry underground albums anymore, well thats what one of the employees told me when I went to get Hell Razah's album back in February, but yeah try Virgin Megastore or Fat Beats or even like little mom and pop stores and shit.

P.E.A.C.E.

junius
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
for hip-hop? fat beats, sure but J&R is worth checking downtown, they have almost everything, & you can hit up Other Music & Kim's for used stuff, esp. outside hip-hop... in BK, there's many small places to check for mix-tapes & also reggae, calypso, etc. Williamsburg has a lot of vinyl stores now also tho' they're more rock-- if not wholly so (most places are into dub, for example)-- oriented.

IronFingaz-- are there joints you go in Jamaica regularly or not really?

IronFingaz7
07-02-2007, 12:26 PM
for hip-hop? fat beats, sure but J&R is worth checking downtown, they have almost everything, & you can hit up Other Music & Kim's for used stuff, esp. outside hip-hop... in BK, there's many small places to check for mix-tapes & also reggae, calypso, etc. Williamsburg has a lot of vinyl stores now also tho' they're more rock-- if not wholly so (most places are into dub, for example)-- oriented.

IronFingaz-- are there joints you go in Jamaica regularly or not really?

Not really, except for this little spot in The Colosseum once in awhile, but mostly since my girl lives in Harlem, I pick up shit there or just hit up Fat Beats or Virgin, but I hate going to Virgin sometimes dudes be harassing you to buy there CDs, lol, and the shit be garbage. I just walk past them and dont say nothing or be like I dont like hip-hop, lol.

P.E.A.C.E.