PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere

DJMethods
07-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Cant believe I slept on this... shameful. What albums should I get????

I'm adding this video because it's SO fucking dope.

L_BSiEc5QyI

Ozmosis
07-05-2007, 01:35 PM
that song is from Overcast! their first main album
that album is dope also you should get Seven's Travels and thier new one well i dunno i like all their albums

Longbongcilvaringz
07-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Atmosphere are one of my favourite groups, "Overcast" is a pretty amazing album to me, and "You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having" was also top notch.
"Seven's Travels" is dope as oz mentioned, the other albums of theirs that i have checked out have all been decent, not quite as good as the previously mentioned ones.

but check out "Felt 2: A Tribute to Lisa Bonet" its Murs and Slug with Ant production, dope album.

they have several copies at Jb hifi right now lol.

TAURO
07-05-2007, 01:43 PM
That is a dope track. I have to admit I don't know much about Atmosphere, I always imagined their music to be on some wierd abstract shit, not just straight hip hop. I have one of their joints which I like but I haven't heard any of their albums although I have heard that Overcast was good. I might check for them at some point.

TAURO
07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I just want to add that the one Atmosphere joint I have is called shrooms....which I got from here at some point.
A strange but quirky joint with a great mellow vibe.

DJMethods
07-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Atmosphere are one of my favourite groups, "Overcast" is a pretty amazing album to me, and "You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having" was also top notch.
"Seven's Travels" is dope as oz mentioned, the other albums of theirs that i have checked out have all been decent, not quite as good as the previously mentioned ones.

but check out "Felt 2: A Tribute to Lisa Bonet" its Murs and Slug with Ant production, dope album.

they have several copies at Jb hifi right now lol.

Think im gonna cop "Overcast" first, sounds good.

Yeah TAURO, I used to think the same. Heard it was "emo rap" (Whatever the fuck that is), this is what I call "real". Not being somethings he's not, great lyrics, and I can relate... Think just found my new obsession for a while lol

Check "God Loves Ugly" - Only other song of theres I've heard, but it was dope too.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-05-2007, 02:04 PM
yeah alot of people on this forum like to refer to it as emo or nerd rap.

not entirely sure what they mean really.

"Overcast" is a more traditional hip hop album, in terms of sound and lyrically it is pretty abstract. the rest of the album is as good (better imo) than the track you posted ("Scapegoat")

later Atmosphere stuff has more themes of women, drinking etc etc.

id highly recomend their latest album though, the production was really good which was i problem i thought in some of their other albums.

www.rapreviews.com has a pretty decent run down of their albums if your interested.

Alex Kovalev
07-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Overcast is a classic

Slug got a sick flow on this album

Great Production

10/10

DJMethods
07-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Man, you're gonna make me spend everything I've got lol. I'll pick them both up aslong as it's not stupidly priced, guessing "Felt 2" is their latest?

Always skeptical of reviewers online... prefer peoples opinions cause I know what type of music they like, dont want some 50 Cent fan reviewing it lol.

Cheers for the input... you've made me broke the past week!

Longbongcilvaringz
07-05-2007, 02:28 PM
um nah sorry, "You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having" is Atmosphers' latest album.

but Murs and Slug (who is the mc from atmosphere) form a group called "Felt" who have 2 albums.

i recomended rapreviews simply because it always gives me an idea of the sound of the album, regardless of the actual rating.

buy whatever you want man, just recomending some quality shit.

DJMethods
07-05-2007, 02:41 PM
I'll pick up Overcast and You Can't Image.. over the weekend hopefully. I wanna download it, but probably just wait and get it.

But yeah bro, cheers for the help, seem to like the same sorta music as me, so looking forward to these pick-ups.

SKANK HILL
07-05-2007, 06:10 PM
haha jb hi fi, motherfuckers take my pay cheque everyweek, i keep them cunts in business

def pick up overcast! and you cant imagine, atmosphere are straight dope, you cant imagine has a 2nd disc with a couple of joints by artist like brother ali, mf doom, i self divine and couple of others cant think off top of my dome, pick up the rest later, make sure you start with overcast! though, shit is fire

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-05-2007, 10:18 PM
you can't image how much fun were having was my first atmosphere album also headshots:sev7en is dope and sevens travels is dope lucy ford is crazy different but dope slug as a emcee is dope comes off of crazy with evidence on evidences album the weatherman lp

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
07-05-2007, 10:35 PM
i like that joint from fight night round 3

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-06-2007, 12:31 AM

L_BSiEc5QyI

Get Overcast
The album is classic!

noel411
07-06-2007, 01:40 AM
My favourite Atmosphere album is 'You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having'. Excellent album.

And don't be put off by posers who call them "nerd rap" or whatever. It's not cool amongst hardcore hip hop heads (99% of whom are sheepish posers) to like Atmosphere. Anybody who even uses the term "nerd rap" seriously is an instant poser in my book.

DJMethods
07-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Could only find "You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having"... Only given it one listen, but damn it's nice. I feel sorry for his ex though haha, everyone cops shit on that album. Great lyricist and awesome production.

Need to give it a few more rotations though

DJMethods
07-06-2007, 04:59 AM
My favourite Atmosphere album is 'You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having'. Excellent album.

And don't be put off by posers who call them "nerd rap" or whatever. It's not cool amongst hardcore hip hop heads (99% of whom are sheepish posers) to like Atmosphere. Anybody who even uses the term "nerd rap" seriously is an instant poser in my book.

Yeah, I don't usually listen to many peoples opinions unless I know what kind of music they're into. My mates hated on him a few years ago, so never picked anything of his up.

Fuck it, I'm doing my own research from now on.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-06-2007, 06:09 AM
^^ good point... and ask only ppl who heard plenty of rap shit, and knows something about it...

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-06-2007, 08:38 AM
yeah alot of people on this forum like to refer to it as emo or nerd rap.

not entirely sure what they mean really.

They mean that the lyrics have some kind of intelligence to them, and the content isn't limited to guns, bitches, blunts and booze.

Check out Slug with Eyedea on the Wake Up Show. This is sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2g792twNKg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ni1NCPNZ8A

6what131
07-06-2007, 09:13 AM
lucy ford is good 2, no1 mentioned it

Longbongcilvaringz
07-06-2007, 01:09 PM
They mean that the lyrics have some kind of intelligence to them, and the content isn't limited to guns, bitches, blunts and booze.

Check out Slug with Eyedea on the Wake Up Show. This is sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2g792twNKg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ni1NCPNZ8A

yeah man, that eyedea freestyle is hilariously, and dope.

eyedea is a pretty dope mc, Eyedea & Abilities are also another independent act to have a look at if anyone is interested. E&A is their best album imo.

Ozmosis
07-06-2007, 01:56 PM
yeah man, that eyedea freestyle is hilariously, and dope.

eyedea is a pretty dope mc, Eyedea & Abilities are also another independent act to have a look at if anyone is interested. E&A is their best album imo.
E&A is dope man love that star destroyer track, the beat is sick

Longbongcilvaringz
07-06-2007, 02:30 PM
yeah, geez i havent listened to it for ages, might give it a spin now.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Eyedea got mad skills, but I find him kinda annoying. Having read all the abuse that slug gets on forums like this, I expected him to be more like Eyedea when I first heard him, but I find him far more likeable.

If you like Eyedeas freestyles though, check out this from back in the day when he won the Freestyle tournament that Eminem was in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd4N3O8T2ic

Dr Sleepwalker
07-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Atmosphere's albums only keep gettin' better.. from 'Overcast!' all the way to 'You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having'..
They all dope.. reeeaall dope

Alex Kovalev
07-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Did someone heard this album? The Dynospectrum

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/31KAUY-VseL._AA240_.jpg

its a group with slug, Beyond and others...

its a classic like overcast

penis

Longbongcilvaringz
07-08-2007, 08:34 PM
hm, ive never heard of that.

Dante
07-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Atmos is one of the only "backpacker" rap shit i can tolerate. God Loves Ugly is dope, and some tracks off the Lucy Ford album are tight (especially Like Today). I wasn;t feeling their last 2 releases tho.

DJMethods
07-11-2007, 12:23 PM

Got that tonight... it's dope as. That Dirty Girl song is gold.

Nearly picked up the new Brother Ali.. but wasnt sure. Got home and check rhymesayers, they had a single up, now i'm pissed I didn't.

DJMethods
07-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Did someone heard this album? The Dynospectrum

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/31KAUY-VseL._AA240_.jpg

its a group with slug, Beyond and others...

its a classic like overcast

penis

I saw that on the rhymesayers homepage too.... never seen it around though. Might order it... fuck I spend too much on music

cap
07-11-2007, 12:41 PM

L_BSiEc5QyI

good song,but what is he talking about?
the things that irritate him??

dont know much about these guys.
is that the real video or something someone made on youtube??

DJMethods
07-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Someone made it on youtube.. Pretty good job I reckon

He's talking about how we all use things to blame for the problems in our lives/society, but never ourselves. "Fuck it, it's everything but me" after naming all the supposedly "bad shit" that causes problems.

Thats my take on it anyway.

Slug's (MC from them) weird as fuck... was watching an interview with Slug in it and the girls like "Go buy his album" the dude just goes "Fuck it, just download it" haha.. He busts out into Pearl Jam songs for a good few minutes, makes fun of the girl, asks her why she got her tits pierced. Weird motherfucker.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Got that tonight... it's dope as. That Dirty Girl song is gold.

Nearly picked up the new Brother Ali.. but wasnt sure. Got home and check rhymesayers, they had a single up, now i'm pissed I didn't.

yeah, i got the first felt album, and it was real dissapointing, so i was sceptical about the second one, but it turned out to be great.

the beats definitely fit the rhymes really well, and albums got a good feel to it.

on brother ali, yeah his first album was nice, havent checked out the recent one though. you know he was in perth about a week ago? i didnt find out till afterwards, would have been a good show to have a look at, i think it was at the Rosemount which is a bit random.

good song,but what is he talking about?
the things that irritate him??

dont know much about these guys.
is that the real video or something someone made on youtube??

^ track is called Scape Goat.

dunno if your familar with the term, but hes basically listing things that people use to divert blame from other things...

its something someone made on youtube im almost certain.

ive never seen an atmosphere clip to be honest.

DJMethods
07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah I only found out tonight he was here.. Pretty annoying, would've been a weird crowd though..

The dude said he liked the Christina Ricci album, but didn't really praise this one. He was loving the new Black Milk though, always critiquing what I buy lol

Hadnt heard much Murs really, but he's a great MC.. Good vibe, Ant is a dope producer, don't think I've heard a beat of his I haven't liked. Havent heard that much yet.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-11-2007, 01:08 PM
yeah murs is dope, he did a couple of albums with 9th Wonder, which imo where a bit over rated, but the first one was still dope.

i was wondering who would have shown up to the Brother Ali show, especially at the Rosemount, but i guess they got decent numbers.

Nick Fury
07-11-2007, 10:14 PM
slug is d shit

x7fifteen4
07-12-2007, 12:13 AM
That was pretty much my thoughts rapped up in a nice rhyme.