PDA

View Full Version : X1 found dead!

tommytootone
07-05-2007, 07:05 PM
http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/07/05/18221025.aspx

Upcoming rapper and Onyx affiliate X1 died early this morning in Las Vegas, a source that knew the rapper told AllHipHop.com.

While the cause of death has not been confirmed by officials at press time, sources told AllHipHop.com that the rapper committed suicide.

X-1, brother of Onyx group member Sticky Fingaz, was originally in a Hip-Hop group named Gangreen.

Hailing from Southside Jamaica, Queens, X1 recorded with Onyx consistently and has been featured on each Onyx album since the group's 1998 release Shut 'Em Down.

He also recorded a song and video with 50 Cent titled "React" in the early stages of both of their rap career in the mid 1990's.

The rapper was signed to Mike Tyson's defunct Tyson Records in 2000, but his most recent deal was with Ball 'R Records, which is based in Las Vegas.

X1's last solo album Young, Rich & Gangsta hit stores in 2006.

CharlesJones
07-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Damn that's messed up to hear. He had skills. First time i heard him rhyme was on Onyx's The Worst song. He never did a solo song with 50 Cent called React. React is Onyx's song and X1 and 50 did rhyme on that song. I didn't know X1's album came out. I'm gonna have to check it out. I wonder why he killed himself.

mofo
07-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Damn that shit sucks And just 30 minutes ago I was listening to Broke Willies...

IronFingaz7
07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I read this earlier. It's sad, he was definitly ill.

P.E.A.C.E.

CharlesJones
07-05-2007, 07:54 PM
How old was he?

tragedykhadafi12
07-05-2007, 07:56 PM
that really sucks. It is really weird too because I was just listening to his album today. RIP

NY_Mami
07-05-2007, 08:45 PM
R.i.p.......

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
07-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Damn RIP Sun

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
R.i.p

first time i said r.i.p to a artist

respect

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-06-2007, 09:49 AM
R.I.P.

Sticky gotta be pretty fucked up right now. They just been getting back on it Onyx, pushing themselves forward again. First Big DS dies and now X1.

Damn...

tragedykhadafi12
07-06-2007, 01:02 PM
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/2849/x1stickyrip1kw6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-07-06

sd-cd
07-06-2007, 01:06 PM
R.i.p.

CharlesJones
07-06-2007, 04:36 PM
That's a nice picture of him and Sticky Fingaz. He kinda looks like the producer Rockwilder. Tragedykhadafi how is X1's album?

cap
07-06-2007, 04:39 PM
wow thats messed up.

R.I.P.

youngdeck01
07-06-2007, 04:46 PM
thats a shame...RIP

tragedykhadafi12
07-06-2007, 04:55 PM
That's a nice picture of him and Sticky Fingaz. He kinda looks like the producer Rockwilder. Tragedykhadafi how is X1's album?

A bunch of songs are fire and sound new yorkish but there are a couple that have that southern sound and I didnt like them but I would pick up the album though. Not bad at all.

onyx1983
08-25-2010, 07:38 AM
yep only a few tracks are fire on x-1 solo album. but he has also dropped a mixtape "a new era vol.1" this is a dope tape
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/x1music

serioussam
08-25-2010, 10:31 AM
R.i.p.

Undiluted Karma
08-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Rip

WHEREMYPURPLETAPEAT?
08-25-2010, 02:12 PM
can anyone up that New Era mixtape for the kid? i been lookin for solo ish from X for a hot minute now you dig

onyx1983
08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
can anyone up that New Era mixtape for the kid? i been lookin for solo ish from X for a hot minute now you dig

yep here is it.

new era mixtape:

Track Listing

1. Rap Like Us f. The Game & Goon Squard
2. Come On f Method Man
3. Pop Off
4. Lose It
5. Hustler Music
6. 4321
7. My Thesis
8. Drug Dealers Dream
9. Reality Check
10. Love to Hustle
11. Reloaded
12. Freestyle
13. I'm Back
14. Can I Live
15. Can't Fuck With Ya Boy
16. Stricken Niggas Up
17. I'm A Ryda
18. Gun Clap
19. My Stroy
20. Shine 4ever
21 & 22 Pure Sickness
23 Bringing It Home

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9VPKIB69

rare tracks:

B Real
I know feat. Sonsee
Fallback
All my Life
Need a girl like you
X-1 Freestyle
X-1 Murda Freestyle
Throw ya gunz

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7RZ2N9BU

Sittin on a Crate-feat.Begetz
The boys in the hood are still the same feat.The Game and Dj Skee
Rap like us-feat.The Game
CODEE'S-feat.Machete Mokeout and Famoso
X-1 xclusive-freestyle
Star Mafia
Coast to Coast
My Time
plus Young Rich and Gangsta and Everywhere we go video

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HE3K004X

Mr. R&B
08-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks onyx1983, I'm looking forward to bupmin' this.

Oh yeah, R.I.P. X-1.

Paranoid
08-25-2010, 02:42 PM
r.i.p

oldie
08-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Fuuuck! Damn that's messed up!!
Thoughts go out to sticky right now, didn't know they were bro's but he was aight in the mic!
Thanks for the upload!
R.I.P X1
Shame

Rame
08-25-2010, 03:50 PM
He died more than 3 years ago..

WHEREMYPURPLETAPEAT?
08-25-2010, 10:53 PM
good lookin my dude, X1 was nasty on my time

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-25-2010, 11:46 PM
damn this was crazy that this was 3 years ago wtf

onyx1983
08-27-2010, 10:33 AM
yep he comitted suicide 3 years ago.

here are 2 another freestyles and 1 song from X1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDPFdjtNoo0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1gPSH7lfLU

Dj Lazy K feat.X1 - New York
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l77_UVth3sU

Mr. R&B
08-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Honestly I thought it had happened 5 or more years ago, don't ask me why.

My concept of time is fucked.

onyx1983
08-27-2010, 04:50 PM
here are the 2 freestyles and the new york song:
http://www.zshare.net/download/7978653679629546/

Inspektah Meth-Tical
08-27-2010, 10:11 PM
R.I.P. man.

onyx1983
03-05-2011, 05:47 AM
X1, Nina B, Enormus tha Ox, Moke out - Ashes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOZm6q8AkM

dret.izm
03-05-2011, 08:54 PM
damn rip.

onyx1983
04-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Jane Doe, Royal Flush, FT, Tragedy Khadafi, X-1 - Bottom Line Dollar Sign http://twitrax.com/s/7kq5b7

LiquidSwords32
04-20-2011, 08:17 PM
X1 was so gutter on Queens Bridge Meets Southside

Sham-iLL
04-21-2011, 02:40 PM
if he killed himself, fuck that faggot. how you gonna r.i.p? lol. rest in peace but he killed himself? if he killed himself then he wanted this shit. whatever, i have no remorse for ppl that take away their own lives.

CharlesJones
04-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Sham-ill, why would you say you have no remorse for suicidal people? You don't know what X-1 was going through. Maybe he wasn't making a lot of money from rapping and he was struggling. When a person doesn't have a job and money, they're gonna maybe kill themselves. That's just the way it is. I don't see anything wrong with suicide. I've thought about suicide sometimes when i was unemployed because i was tired of looking for a job and having no money. If i wasn't afraid of guns and i didn't have a job for a long time, i'd kill myself and i wouldn't care what people thought about it. Don't nobody like being poor and unemployed. That's why i sympathize with rappers who talk about suicide and death like Onyx, 2Pac, Geto Boys, Notorious Big. What racist whites need to understand about rappers is that rappers talk about bad neighborhoods they come from and the illegal stuff they do to get money because they can't get jobs and they don't have a education. What does racist whites expect poor blacks to do for money when they can't get a job? The reason these rappers talk about these problems is because this stuff exists in their neighborhoods and racist whites wanna ignore it and act like the shit doesn't exist. If racist whites gave poor black men jobs, they wouldn't be killing each other and selling drugs. If this bad stuff didn't exist in the black neighborhoods, rappers wouldn't talk about it and there probably wouldn't be rap music. Onyx1983, why did X-1 kill himself?

wutangclan97chamber
04-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Sham-ill, why would you say you have no remorse for suicidal people? You don't know what X-1 was going through. Maybe he wasn't making a lot of money from rapping and he was struggling. When a person doesn't have a job and money, they're gonna maybe kill themselves. That's just the way it is. I don't see anything wrong with suicide. I've thought about suicide sometimes when i was unemployed because i was tired of looking for a job and having no money. If i wasn't afraid of guns and i didn't have a job for a long time, i'd kill myself and i wouldn't care what people thought about it. Don't nobody like being poor and unemployed. That's why i sympathize with rappers who talk about suicide and death like Onyx, 2Pac, Geto Boys, Notorious Big. What racist whites need to understand about rappers is that rappers talk about bad neighborhoods they come from and the illegal stuff they do to get money because they can't get jobs and they don't have a education. What does racist whites expect poor blacks to do for money when they can't get a job? The reason these rappers talk about these problems is because this stuff exists in their neighborhoods and racist whites wanna ignore it and act like the shit doesn't exist. If racist whites gave poor black men jobs, they wouldn't be killing each other and selling drugs. If this bad stuff didn't exist in the black neighborhoods, rappers wouldn't talk about it and there probably wouldn't be rap music. Onyx1983, why did X-1 kill himself?

you know a black man has the highest job in the country, right?

CharlesJones
04-30-2011, 12:15 PM
So what. That don't mean nothing. Why is unemployment still high for blacks? Barack Obama ain't doing nothing for blacks because there's still a lot of blacks unemployed and i regret voting for him. I'm never voting again because politicans are full of shit and ya'll know white men politicans trying to be president don't give a shit about blacks. Racist whites ain't gonna let Barack get unemployed blacks jobs because racist whites punk asses don't want blacks to succeed and live good. I read a article Ironman posted in Know The Ledge forum last week talking about there's more unemployed black college graduates than unemployed white college graduates. Why is that? Whites say that blacks should go to college but when they graduate, they can't get jobs. I'd rather Barack still be a senator in Chicago because if he was, he'd help poor unemployed blacks get jobs.

Sham-iLL
05-01-2011, 09:50 PM
i didnt read your paragraphs cuz igaf about your opinion, only mine, i stated mine.

check two
05-02-2011, 04:06 PM
sham sounds like an idiot.

madchild
05-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Sham-ill, why would you say you have no remorse for suicidal people? You don't know what X-1 was going through. Maybe he wasn't making a lot of money from rapping and he was struggling. When a person doesn't have a job and money, they're gonna maybe kill themselves. That's just the way it is. I don't see anything wrong with suicide. I've thought about suicide sometimes when i was unemployed because i was tired of looking for a job and having no money. If i wasn't afraid of guns and i didn't have a job for a long time, i'd kill myself and i wouldn't care what people thought about it. Don't nobody like being poor and unemployed. That's why i sympathize with rappers who talk about suicide and death like Onyx, 2Pac, Geto Boys, Notorious Big.

I totally agree with you here.

What racist whites need to understand about rappers is that rappers talk about bad neighborhoods they come from and the illegal stuff they do to get money because they can't get jobs and they don't have a education. What does racist whites expect poor blacks to do for money when they can't get a job? The reason these rappers talk about these problems is because this stuff exists in their neighborhoods and racist whites wanna ignore it and act like the shit doesn't exist. If racist whites gave poor black men jobs, they wouldn't be killing each other and selling drugs. If this bad stuff didn't exist in the black neighborhoods, rappers wouldn't talk about it and there probably wouldn't be rap music. Onyx1983, why did X-1 kill himself?

I'm not sure why you brought up the race card. White people have trials & tribulations too.

Thanks for bumping this thread. Never heard of this rapper before and he sounds like he has some good music out. I hate to bring 50 Cent up but I wonder if he ripped the "I got money" song off from him or if he was paying homage? Interesting to look into the time-frame of release dates.

onyx1983
05-04-2011, 07:27 AM

I dont know why he committed suicide.. He was at the beginning off his career and had a pregnant wife. But some sources reports that he had depressions and debts. And other sources told that he might has been running with the wrong dudes. The circumstances of his death are still nebulous and never cleared up.

check two
05-04-2011, 04:30 PM
what happened to the onyx madtube site?

CharlesJones
05-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Madchild, the reason i mentioned racist whites is because most of them got a lot of money and jobs. I know some of them commit suicide and i don't know why because if i had as much money as they did and a nice house and a nice car, i wouldn't kill myself. I hear some people say money doesn't make them happy but that's bullshit because i don't know why they would say that. If some racist whites kill themselves when they got a lot of money, they're a damn fool. Poor blacks would love to have a lot of money like white people and i bet they wouldn't kill themselves. I read in Bill Cosby's Come On People book that the suicide rate for blacks is higher than it used to be. Suicide used to be a white people thing but now blacks are killing themselves and i don't know why racist whites and some blacks act surprised when they hear about blacks killing themselves. Some poor blacks kill themselves because they don't have a job and no money and i don't see anything wrong with them killing themselves because if i was in that situation, i'd do the same thing. Only reason why i'm alive is because i'm afraid of guns because when i was unemployed 9 years ago, i thought about suicide. I'd rather use a gun than take some pills to kill myself.

This is exactly why i hate racist white men supervisors because a lot of them won't give poor black men jobs. They would rather hire foreigners and black women before they give black men jobs. Then they wonder why poor black men sell drugs, rob, steal, rap, play basketball and football to get money. I've applied for several part time cleaning jobs lately on Craigslist.com and nobody responded. I even applied for a part time cleaning job at a Virginia employment website and nobody called. I gave the receptionist at the job my work number and my cellphone number and nobody called. Ya'll don't have to believe what i'm saying if you don't want to but the truth is racism towards black men exists at jobs and it always will exist. That's exactly why the unemployment rate for black men is always gonna be high and poor black men are gonna continue to do illegal stuff to get money and they're gonna continue to go to prison and commit suicide. Blacks should also stop voting for a president because racist white politicans don't give a fuck about blacks being unemployed. Only reason i voted for Barack Obama was because i got tired of racist white men being president.

onyx1983
05-08-2011, 05:54 PM
what happened to the onyx madtube site?

the site is down. it will be restored soon! Look at onyxdomain.com (to get updates about news, tour etc.), its the official Onyxwebsite.