PDA

View Full Version : RA's Verse on Uncommon Valor Over Rated?

oDoUoSoKo
07-07-2007, 09:21 PM
i think so....dont get me wrong.. its good...but its praised and shit like the best verse ever...tss....

TAURO
07-07-2007, 09:57 PM
It's not overated, it deserved the praise it got. The track overall is overated though, the beat I thought was the weakest on the album.

Alex Kovalev
07-07-2007, 10:14 PM
not overated... In my opinion, its one of the best verse ever... sick flow

Dusk, whats your favorite verse ever?

p.s: fuck 2pac

DJMethods
07-08-2007, 01:52 AM
Not over-rated, people just sleep on RA so they're shocked when they hear him rip shit like that. He always rips shit, I wasn't surprised hearing him on that but if you hadn't heard him before you would be.

Dante
07-08-2007, 02:10 AM
not overated... In my opinion, its one of the best verse ever... sick flow

Dusk, whats your favorite verse ever?

p.s: fuck 2pac

2pac >>>> >> RA's entire existence

Suga Duga
07-08-2007, 03:34 AM
RA flows like a monster on this one, motherfucking robot style

cap
07-08-2007, 06:11 AM
nah not overrated,amazing verse.
i think its the first and only RA verse i ever heard.
yeah im sleeping...

sungod
07-08-2007, 07:08 AM

skills-wise, 2pac couldn't hold a candle to him

GhettoGnom
07-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Not over-rated, people just sleep on RA so they're shocked when they hear him rip shit like that. He always rips shit, I wasn't surprised hearing him on that but if you hadn't heard him before you would be.

word up...

He outshined the whole album... (But Vinnie mostly spits nursery rhymes on it though... Vinnie disappointed me on it...)

noel411
07-08-2007, 07:51 AM
This is one of those occasions where I definitely agree with the hip hop community at large. I think it's a fucken sick verse. By far the number 1 highlight of a somewhat bland album, for me.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-08-2007, 07:57 AM
over rated? how?

who flows like that right now... no body.

and lyrically it seems heart felt, and paints a good picture.

dope verse.

Buzk
07-08-2007, 09:20 AM
its a really good verse, but i disagree when people says its the dopest verse ever

TAURO
07-08-2007, 09:30 AM
its a really good verse, but i disagree when people says its the dopest verse ever

I've never heard anyone say that.

12weLvE
07-08-2007, 09:41 AM
R.A has so many other hotter verses than this, but this one is one of his most ear catching ones. NOT OVER RATED IMO...

11th Chamber
07-08-2007, 10:10 AM

co-sign. I still think RA is nice tho

Come Honor Face
07-08-2007, 01:19 PM

As far as getting lyrical and rippin shit, Ra is lightyears ahead of 2pac! Pac is a legend for reaching tha amount of people, especially non minority folks and bringin them in as fans of hip hop. However, he was pretty average as an mc.

venex
07-08-2007, 02:22 PM
it's the best verse I heard in 2006, not overrated...

oDoUoSoKo
07-08-2007, 05:44 PM
i personally dont think its great...the flow and subject matter is nice and on point but, its very basic in my opinion.

Tecknowledgist
07-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Verse of the year for me. Not over-rated at all. If RA wasn't shit on by the industry, he'd be GOAT. Every verse he ever spits is dope as fuck.

This verse gave me chills when I first heard it. Bumped it non-stop for like three days.

oDoUoSoKo
07-08-2007, 06:03 PM
im sorry, i dont know...i cant get into it.

Guarded By Martyrs
07-08-2007, 06:51 PM
RA flows like a monster on this one, motherfucking robot style

I agree he took the piss on this track, I always rated him but when I heard this I seriously thought wow he could be one of the best
That verse is all about his father so that must be real deep in his heart that lyric and he obviously took his time over it and killed Vinnie Paz on it and it's not even his album, I don't know how anyone can say that it is overated.
Any rapper would be proud of that chat ANY, rapper his flow is unmatched, like the devil said "motherfucking robot style"
PEACE
W.H.E.R.S.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-08-2007, 06:54 PM
word up...

He outshined the whole album... (But Vinnie mostly spits nursery rhymes on it though... Vinnie disappointed me on it...)

I though Vinny ruined the beats and the whole album. Im not a big fan of his overall ability.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-08-2007, 06:57 PM
I always though Pac was overrated...not saying he wasn't nice and didnt put great shit out, but he got treated like a god of hip hop or something. Most of the Wu would shit on him. I always get harassed when i say that.

RA's verse was dope.

GhettoGnom
07-09-2007, 12:55 AM
i personally dont think its great...the flow and subject matter is nice and on point but, its very basic in my opinion.

Basic?? How?

"Marksman, skilled in killing, illing, I'm able and willing
Kill a village elephant, raping and pillage a village
Illegitimate killers, US military guerrillas"

"Get it? The lieutenant hinted, the villain, I've been it
The killing, I did it, cripple, did it, pictures I painted is vivid, lived it
A wizard with weapons, the secret mission, we 'bout to begin it"

TSA
07-09-2007, 01:13 AM
see what i mean about Wucorp opinions, you all have a complex where if something is popular it's "evil rap" and thus you hav eto hate it cause your obsessed with being on the rebllious "good guy" side. like a fucking disney flick.

the verse is better then your favorite rapper's career.

TSA
07-09-2007, 01:17 AM
I always though Pac was overrated...not saying he wasn't nice and didnt put great shit out, but he got treated like a god of hip hop or something. Most of the Wu would shit on him. I always get harassed when i say that.

RA's verse was dope.

i used to think the same way, until i finally GOT it about Pac. i got 2pacaplyse now, and my mind was blown. He told my story as a black male in america like a biography. That album also caused a man to kill a cop, and a cult to be formed about him.

The point is Tupac wasn't about methapors and lyricism, he was about empowerment, and since he's the 3rd most popular figure on the planet it's a sign that everyone can relate and his music is extremely powerful. if you don't get it it's cool, but once you do you'll be shaken.

TSA
07-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Verse of the year for me. Not over-rated at all. If RA wasn't shit on by the industry, he'd be GOAT. Every verse he ever spits is dope as fuck.

This verse gave me chills when I first heard it. Bumped it non-stop for like three days.

i saw him on the white rapper show on stage ina devil suit, that's probably why he didn't get recognition. he's corny.

but yeah, that's probably the illest verse ever.

TSA
07-09-2007, 01:29 AM
As far as getting lyrical and rippin shit, Ra is lightyears ahead of 2pac! Pac is a legend for reaching tha amount of people, especially non minority folks and bringin them in as fans of hip hop. However, he was pretty average as an mc.

no he's not. His energy and passion is his strenght, you guys need to learn how to judge mc's. You can't just oranges on how chocolatey they are. pac wasn't methphorical it's not what he was trying to do cause if he kicked some over your head shit it would making it harder to get his message out cause only a select few would get it.

Hitler put it best. The masses are stupid, and intellegent are few, if you want to reach the masses, simplify.

and because pac did what pac was trying to do to the point where someday the majority of world leaders will be one time or current 2 pac fans, pac is not an average mc.

GhettoGnom
07-09-2007, 08:09 AM
^Dumbing down for the masses... See how far that brought hip hop ><

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-09-2007, 11:30 AM
When asked about working with RA (on Cunt Renaissance), Biggie's response was: "Damn, I thought I was the illest!"

"I brought Biggie Smalls to the Long Island whore pit
He boned a bitch in the bathroom n broke the toilet"

Olive Oil Goombah
07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
i used to think the same way, until i finally GOT it about Pac. i got 2pacaplyse now, and my mind was blown. He told my story as a black male in america like a biography. That album also caused a man to kill a cop, and a cult to be formed about him.

The point is Tupac wasn't about methapors and lyricism, he was about empowerment, and since he's the 3rd most popular figure on the planet it's a sign that everyone can relate and his music is extremely powerful. if you don't get it it's cool, but once you do you'll be shaken.

Maybe thats why than. I should take him for what he is instead of comparisons. Its not like Im not a fan...I am. But maybe its cuz I dont own any 2pac cd's and its funny cuz i grew up in that era, its not like i 15 or something. im 25...so i guess I should give it a shot.

oDoUoSoKo
07-09-2007, 07:59 PM
see what i mean about Wucorp opinions, you all have a complex where if something is popular it's "evil rap" and thus you hav eto hate it cause your obsessed with being on the rebllious "good guy" side. like a fucking disney flick.

? pun would chew RA, spit him out and staple him to a pinless hand grenade, chew that, than spit it in the form of raps......plus Vinnie paz IMO is better in his prime than RA...btw all that killin illin, is the shit im not feelin too much...like he jus thought of every thing rhymin with illin to make the verse flow...dont get me wrong..it sounds cool, but in a way it sacrifices some of the content just to make it sound cool....it just sounded MAAAAD rookie to me....sorry...

LiquidWordz
07-09-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't think R.A.'s verse was overrated at all, it deserved all the praise it got. His verse was arguably the highlight of Servants In Heaven, and it wasn't even his album! That deserves respect.

? pun would chew RA, spit him out and staple him to a pinless hand grenade, chew that, than spit it in the form of raps......plus Vinnie paz IMO is better in his prime than RA...btw all that killin illin, is the shit im not feelin too much...like he jus thought of every thing rhymin with illin to make the verse flow...dont get me wrong..it sounds cool, but in a way it sacrifices some of the content just to make it sound cool....it just sounded MAAAAD rookie to me....sorry...

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but what's Pun got to do with any of this? I didn't see anyone mentionining Pun, and you just start talking about him out of no where. I also find out funny how You criticize R.A. for using multi's, yet Pun rapped almost exclusively in multi's.

TSA
07-09-2007, 08:22 PM

rookie?

that's just crazy.

yeah pun is above him as an MC no doubt, but it think this was one of those highlight verses that some rappers have.

like Donna and ghost, ghost is better, but ghost cant fuck with his Winter Warz verse.

i say it's the best cause it's chillingly realistic, and gripping. I can't name a better verse. I reeallyy zone out when i listen to rap and can see shit that most ppl dont unless they're high,and what i envision with this verse is oscar quality movie shit.

oDoUoSoKo
07-09-2007, 08:25 PM

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but what's Pun got to do with any of this? I didn't see anyone mentionining Pun, and you just start talking about him out of no where. I also find out funny how You criticize R.A. for using multi's, yet Pun rapped almost exclusively in multi's.
exactly....plus pun DIDNT sacrifice the quality and subject matter/content of the verse by doing so...

LiquidWordz
07-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Ahh my bad, didn't realy see that. But still, I don't think R.A. sacrificed anything with it, it still made sense. "Skill in killin, I'm able and willin" I don't see what's wrong with that. He's saying that he's skilled in killing, and that he's willing to kill for his country.

And I can think of a few times where Pun sacrificed subject matter to make it flow better.

oDoUoSoKo
07-09-2007, 08:33 PM
i say it's the best cause it's chillingly realistic, and gripping. I can't name a better verse. I reeallyy zone out when i listen to rap and can see shit that most ppl dont unless they're high,and what i envision with this verse is oscar quality movie shit.

Ay-yo I shatter dreams like Jordan, assault and batter your team
Your squadron'll be barred from rap like Adam & Eve from the garden
I'm carvin' my initials on your forehead
So every night before bed you see the "BP" shine off the board head
Reverse that, I curse at the first wack nigga with the worst rap
Cuz he ain't worth jack
hit 'em with a thousand pounds of pressure per slap
Make his whole body jerk back, watch the earth crack
hand him his purse back
I'm the first Latin rapper to baffle your skull
Master the flow, niggaz be swearin' I'm blacker than coal
Like Nat King, I be rapping and tounge's packing
The ones, magnums, cannons and gatling guns
It's Big Pun! The one and only son of Tony...Montana
You ain't promised manana in the rotten manzana
C'mon-pana we need more rhymers
feel the marijuana snake bite anaconda
A man of honour wouldn't wanna try to match my persona
Sometimes rhymin' I blow my own mind like Nirvana
Comma, and go the whole nine like Madonna
Go try to find another rhymer with my kinda gramma

[CHORUS] -- When you awaken, your manhood'll be taken
Fakin' like you Satan when I'm the rhymin' abomination [2x]

I'm pure adrenaline, uncut, straight to your gut, medicine
Raw cure for pain I coat your brain like polyurathane
Simple and plain, I'll explain it in layman terms
If you came to learn how to make fire, I'm-a make it burn!
Higher and hotter than lava this scholar
is 'bout just as smart as MacGyver
To put honor inside the heart of a lion
revolved in a life of crime (crime!)
Fuck it I like the shine (shine!), Up in the white and lime (lime!)
Comes with the pipe design
Plushed out! (No doubt!) Both pockets about to bust out
If you not in it for the spinach, GET THE FUCK OUT!
Take a hike, we can even battle to make it right
Go 'head lace the mic, you finished? Say good night...
Head to head in the street, I'll leave you dead in your feet
Settlin' beef, I'll even let you rhyme to the Benjamin beat
But it won't matter, you dreams still gon' shatter
It's a long ladder to climb and mine is on the stagger
So get outta town, 'fore I hit you
with the loudest sound you ever heard
Desert bird player you outta bounds

[CHORUS (3x)]

You know the Pun'll dis you if your whole steez is unofficial
I'll come and get you and let the desert eez tounge kiss you
With one pistol and two clips, I'll make your crew do flips
Like acrobatics, I'm charismatic, my gat is magic
It makes rappers disappear, whipser in your ear
Crystal clear, come here, let me kiss your tears
Everything you fear is here, you ain't got to search further
The first murder's the worst now I thirst further for reverse birth
Every verse hurts, every curse word's already more offending
Than Eddie Murph's worst
I thirst for blood like a vampire, any man claimin' his fams tighter
IS A GOD DAMN LIAR!
I set 'em on fire, retire your train of thought
Drain a quart of blood out your brain and leave you insane in the dark
The king of New York! Lays his crown in the Boogie Down
And sprays the town, with a Mac hoodied down
I'm no joke! (Yuh!!) I soak your face with a sweeper
Dying disgrace, I'll face your death through the speaker

pick 1...eloels..juan.

Repnosis
07-10-2007, 07:30 AM
classic track, real real good verse too....
Ra is a lyrical beast,,
I aint clicking the poll tho,lol
Peace

Longbongcilvaringz
07-10-2007, 07:46 AM
rookie?

that's just crazy.

yeah pun is above him as an MC no doubt, but it think this was one of those highlight verses that some rappers have.

like Donna and ghost, ghost is better, but ghost cant fuck with his Winter Warz verse.

hahahahah

oDoUoSoKo
07-10-2007, 08:13 PM
yup....

TSA
07-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Ay-yo I shatter dreams like Jordan, assault and batter your team
Your squadron'll be barred from rap like Adam & Eve from the garden
I'm carvin' my initials on your forehead
So every night before bed you see the "BP" shine off the board head
Reverse that, I curse at the first wack nigga with the worst rap
Cuz he ain't worth jack
hit 'em with a thousand pounds of pressure per slap
Make his whole body jerk back, watch the earth crack
hand him his purse back
I'm the first Latin rapper to baffle your skull
Master the flow, niggaz be swearin' I'm blacker than coal
Like Nat King, I be rapping and tounge's packing
The ones, magnums, cannons and gatling guns
It's Big Pun! The one and only son of Tony...Montana
You ain't promised manana in the rotten manzana
C'mon-pana we need more rhymers
feel the marijuana snake bite anaconda
A man of honour wouldn't wanna try to match my persona
Sometimes rhymin' I blow my own mind like Nirvana
Comma, and go the whole nine like Madonna
Go try to find another rhymer with my kinda gramma

[CHORUS] -- When you awaken, your manhood'll be taken
Fakin' like you Satan when I'm the rhymin' abomination [2x]

I'm pure adrenaline, uncut, straight to your gut, medicine
Raw cure for pain I coat your brain like polyurathane
Simple and plain, I'll explain it in layman terms
If you came to learn how to make fire, I'm-a make it burn!
Higher and hotter than lava this scholar
is 'bout just as smart as MacGyver
To put honor inside the heart of a lion
revolved in a life of crime (crime!)
Fuck it I like the shine (shine!), Up in the white and lime (lime!)
Comes with the pipe design
Plushed out! (No doubt!) Both pockets about to bust out
If you not in it for the spinach, GET THE FUCK OUT!
Take a hike, we can even battle to make it right
Go 'head lace the mic, you finished? Say good night...
Head to head in the street, I'll leave you dead in your feet
Settlin' beef, I'll even let you rhyme to the Benjamin beat
But it won't matter, you dreams still gon' shatter
It's a long ladder to climb and mine is on the stagger
So get outta town, 'fore I hit you
with the loudest sound you ever heard
Desert bird player you outta bounds

[CHORUS (3x)]

You know the Pun'll dis you if your whole steez is unofficial
I'll come and get you and let the desert eez tounge kiss you
With one pistol and two clips, I'll make your crew do flips
Like acrobatics, I'm charismatic, my gat is magic
It makes rappers disappear, whipser in your ear
Crystal clear, come here, let me kiss your tears
Everything you fear is here, you ain't got to search further
The first murder's the worst now I thirst further for reverse birth
Every verse hurts, every curse word's already more offending
Than Eddie Murph's worst
I thirst for blood like a vampire, any man claimin' his fams tighter
IS A GOD DAMN LIAR!
I set 'em on fire, retire your train of thought
Drain a quart of blood out your brain and leave you insane in the dark
The king of New York! Lays his crown in the Boogie Down
And sprays the town, with a Mac hoodied down
I'm no joke! (Yuh!!) I soak your face with a sweeper
Dying disgrace, I'll face your death through the speaker

pick 1...eloels..juan.

none.

nice shit obviously, but RA's is vivid, it's cinematic, it's original as FUCK, gripping, descriptive, and the world play is iller.

oDoUoSoKo
07-12-2007, 06:58 PM
ok, now im getting a bit upset...its fine u like his verse over those 3...but its not a fucking steven hawkings novel motherfuckers...damn.

PsYkOsUs
07-12-2007, 08:32 PM
anyone who makes real music knows RA punches in so many lines, it's ridiculous... his whole verse was punched in, and that alone makes it wack as fuck.. i don't want to hear verses on record that an artist can't spit live on stage... Too many rappers are guilty of that...

oDoUoSoKo
07-13-2007, 05:01 PM
its amazing how many people on this site love gay men...

hide1998
07-13-2007, 06:40 PM
its amazing how many people on this site love gay men...

When in doubt, call those who have a different, but well-argued, opinion from yours, gay:learning: Gotcha ^O^

oDoUoSoKo
07-13-2007, 07:21 PM
did i do that? easy gandhi, the option clearly reads "i love gay men", so if u chose it....thats your business.

hide1998
07-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Oddly enough...I didn't even read that part of the poll. Then again, I haven't voted either.

On a completely unrelated note, that signature image ya got is sickness Dusk.

oDoUoSoKo
07-13-2007, 08:36 PM
thank you bro...where the fk is yours from? i always thought it was dope..juan.

hide1998
07-13-2007, 09:38 PM
thank you bro...where the fk is yours from? i always thought it was dope..juan.

Thanks. Considering the quote that I'm using for my sig, I figured a picture of the character "Thunderbolt Buddha" would be perfect. The capture is from the Japanese film "Electric Dragon 80.000 V." It's a cool experimental short film.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
07-13-2007, 10:03 PM
innie Paz)

I don't know why I'm over here this job is evil/
They send there to Vietnam to kill innocent people/
My mother wrote me said the President he doesn't care/
We trying to leave the footprints of America here/
They say we're trying to stop Chinese expansion/
But I ain't seen no Chinese since we landed/
Sent my whole entire unit thinking we can win/
Against the Viet Cong guerillas there in Gia Dinh/
I didn't sign up to kill women or any children/
For every enemy soldier, we killing six civilians/
Yeah, and that ain't right to me/
I ain't got enough of mother fuckin' fight in me/
It frightens me and I just want to see my son and moms/
But over here they dropping seven million tons of bombs/
I spend my days dodging all these booby traps and mines/
And at night, praying to God that I get back alive/
And I'm forced to sit back and wonder/
Why I was a part of 'Operation Rolling Thunder'/
In a fox hole with nine months left here/
Jungle like the fuckin' harbinger of death here/

(solider speaking)
I don't want to be here. I'm scared, I just want to go home.
(officer speaking)
You fucking kidding me? Don't be a pussy. Don't you love your country?
(solider speaking)
I like being here. I'm ready.

(R.A. The Rugged Man)

True story...

Call me Thorburn, John H. Staff Sergeant, Marksman/
Skilling, killing, illing/
I'm able and willing/
Kill a village elephant, rape and pillage your village/
Illegitimate killers, US Military guerillas/
This ain't a real war, Vietnam shit/
World War II, that's a war, this is just a military conflict/
Soothing, drug-abusing, Vietnamese women screwing/
Sex, scampling and booz, and all the shit is amusing/
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream/
I don't want to go home, where I'm just a ordinary human being/
Special OP, Huey chopper gun shit, run shit/
Gook run when the mini-gun spit, won't miss, kill shit/
Spit four-thousand bullets a minute/
Bit the Charlie, hit trigger, hit it/
I'm in it to win it, get it/
The lieutenant hinted the villain, I've ended up killing/
The killing, I did it, cripple, did it, pictures I painted is vivid, live it/
A wizard with weapons, a secret mission we about to begin it/
Government funded, behind enemy lines bullets is spraying/
It's heating up, a hundred degrees/
The enemy's the North Vietnamese, bitch please/
Ain't no sweat, I'm told "be at ease"/
Until I see the pilot got hit, and we about to hit some trees/
(???), crash land, American man/
Cambodia, right in the enemy hand/
Take a swig of the whiskey to calm us/
Them yellow men wearing black pajamas/
They want to harm us/
They all up on us/
Bang, bang, bullet hit my chest, feel no pain/
To my left, the captain caught a bullet right in his brain/
Body parts flying, loss of limbs, explosions/
Bad intentions, I see my best friend's intestines/
Pray to the one above, It's raining and I'm covered in mud/
I think I'm dying, I feel dizzy, I'm losing blood/
I see my childhood, I'm back in the arms of my mother/
I see my whole life, I see Christ, I see bright lights/
I see Israelites, Muslims and Christians at peace, no fights/
Blacks, Whites, Asians, people of all types/
I must have died, then I woke up, suprised I'm alive/
I'm in a hospital bed, they rescued me, I survived/
I escaped the war, came back/
But ain't escape Agent Orange, two of my kids born handicapped/
Spastic, quadriplegic, micro cephalic/
Cerebral palsy, cortical blindness, name it they had it/
My son died he ain't live, but I still try to think positive/
Cause in life, God take, God give/

Copy & Paste if it incorrect correct it.

oDoUoSoKo
07-13-2007, 10:06 PM
thanks, still dont like it after reading it.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
07-13-2007, 10:07 PM
I like puns verse

GhettoGnom
07-16-2007, 01:21 AM
anyone who makes real music knows RA punches in so many lines, it's ridiculous... his whole verse was punched in, and that alone makes it wack as fuck.. i don't want to hear verses on record that an artist can't spit live on stage... Too many rappers are guilty of that...

The only reason R.A. can't spit this live is because he can't remember his words ><

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TruQOYhiikU