PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Simpson: ILL as FU*k

PANDA PISS
07-08-2007, 04:46 PM
So i been bumpin this J. Dilla joint Ruff Draft, the whole shit is fuckin ill, definetly recomended, dilla is actually a decent rapper as well as a producer. But its all about that last joint on the album, on some high tech created in a lab type beat, Dilla and Guilty trade verses and the joint is about the catchiest thing ive heard in 2007 so far. who else has heard this/ is feelin this?
anyway dude has an album coming out that i'm definetly checking for:

Guilty Simpson “Ode to the Ghetto” release date set for late 2007
Stones Throw Records has announced that they and Guilty Simpson will his release his much anticipated debut record in late 2007. It’s titled Ode to the Ghetto and not The Beast or other speculated upon titles.

It will feature production from Denon Porter, J Dilla, Madlib, Oh No and Jake One. Don’t be surprised if there are more guests from “the D” announced in the future.

A short bio of Guilty is at his Stones Throw website.

The new artist at Stones Throw is Detroit’s Guilty Simpson, following 3 years of guest tracks and traveling on our Chrome Children tour.

Guilty was a favorite MC of J Dilla, who first brought him to us. Dilla said, “You should sign this guy.” Who is going to say no to that?

It was J Dilla who first put Guilty on wax, recording him on Jaylib’s Champion Sound album. The two began recording an album together in 2003, which was delayed by Dilla’s move to Los Angeles and his growing health troubles. The material they recorded together is planned for his Stones Throw debut.

Guilty Simpson has also recorded for recent and upcoming projects by Black Milk, Phat Kat, Percee P, and D-12.

smokebongoncliff
07-08-2007, 04:53 PM
ruff draft is a masterpiece. that song is dope

SilvaFistz
07-08-2007, 05:53 PM
ruff draft is off da hook i've had it on my mp3 player for a long ass time

maestro wooz
07-08-2007, 06:29 PM
havent heard much of guilty but ive liked what ive heard, him, sean p, and blackmilk are collabing on an album

ronaldo6
07-08-2007, 08:16 PM
guilty simpson is ill i've been trying to get some stuff of his since i heard the track off the paradime album.

Wu-Tality
07-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Guilty Simpson is cool, but mainly because of the beats.