PDA

View Full Version : Black Sunday, Cypress Hill's Best Album

maestro wooz
07-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Yep

The overall feel and vibe of this album is killer. Beats are ill as fuck, so simple yet beautiful hip hop that you can do almost anything to. The beats are unbelievably nice to flow over. B-Real and Sen Dog bless it with killer vocals, lyrics arent deep or on some gza shit but are some hype shit that gets you ready to party, smoke a blizzy to, stick up a liquor store, etc...This album is just classic hip hop shit, just having fun and flowing over tracks.

harm77
07-08-2007, 11:41 PM
i liked black sunday but was dissapointed being that it didnt have any tracks as good as kill a man. it was their second best album though. after that it pretty much went downhill for them. i never really enjoyed another cypress album after that. everyone priases temple of boom but honestly i just dont see it.

maestro wooz
07-08-2007, 11:55 PM
yeah how i could just kill a man is a great track but black sunday's got a couple that i feel are its equal.

I feel the sam way about temple of boom. Yeah its got some killer beats but thats about it. The heavier beats require some deeper lyrcism that b-real just doesnt have in my opinion. Dudes a party rhymer and hes in his element with the first two albums. I think people on this site just like temples of boom cause it sounds more like a wu album. Some wu dudes would have been nice flowing on those beats, but b-real aint at his best on them.

Alex Kovalev
07-09-2007, 12:24 AM
I like Temples of Boom better

Dante
07-09-2007, 01:24 AM
Temples Of Boom is better. Cypress Hill biggest strength is their production, and TOB by far has their best production. IMO at least.

Come Honor Face
07-09-2007, 02:27 AM
I can't decide between Black Sunday, and Temples of Boom. Both great albums. imo.

noel411
07-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Damn. I'm surprised everybody seems to be sleeping on their self titled debut album. For me it's between that and 'Temples of Boom', although in the end I think I'd have to lean towards the self titled album. 'Black Sunday' is great too though.

DJMethods
07-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Temples of Boom is better for me, that album was made for cars.. "Stoned Raiders" is still one of the dopest tracks I've heard, Boom biddy bye bye, Illusions, killah hill niggas.. shit is fucking insane.

But agree with Noel, I liked their self titled second best.

TAURO
07-09-2007, 04:46 AM
Temples of Boom is my favourate, then Black Sunday and finally the self titled.

Oh and Noel, the reason why I don't feel their self titled as much as ther others is because their first album has dated so badly, plus I got in to Cypress around the Black Sunday era and not before.

cap
07-09-2007, 08:39 AM
havent heard ' black sunday' imma have to pick it up.
but i doubt i'll like it better than 'temples of boom' that albums is damn near classic!!

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Yep

The overall feel and vibe of this album is killer. Beats are ill as fuck, so simple yet beautiful hip hop that you can do almost anything to. The beats are unbelievably nice to flow over. B-Real and Sen Dog bless it with killer vocals, lyrics arent deep or on some gza shit but are some hype shit that gets you ready to party, smoke a blizzy to, stick up a liquor store, etc...This album is just classic hip hop shit, just having fun and flowing over tracks.

I agree! Black Sunday is my fav album of Cypress Hill.... I love every track, i like to bump it stoned...
I gotta mention one song that bugs me... Its Rap Superstar... everyone i know except my brotha, love that shit, it just makes me sick, i get a headeche when i hear the instrumental... I needed to say that, peaceĻ!

whitey
07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
hits from the bong is toooo ill. one of THE best smoke songs there is.

Spectrum7glr
07-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Black Sunday is a great great album. I just like Temple Of Boom better

ronaldo6
07-09-2007, 08:53 PM
should do a poll which people think is better imma go with black sunday,i love the beats on the album.

g_flex
07-09-2007, 11:17 PM
IV is very underated but i'll go with TOB

Longbongcilvaringz
07-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Black Sunday = Temples of Boom

for me.

the beast are impeccable on both, and B Real had one of the dopest flows ever imo.

"I Aint Goin Out Like That" is probably one of my favourite hip hop tracks, same with "Stoned Raiders" though.

Black Sundays is probably more consistant than TOB, but there are some real stand outs on TOB which bring it up/

CharlesJones
07-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Their best album is their first one. They fell off after Black Sunday album. Temples Of Boom album sucked. I only liked about 3 songs on that album. Throw Your Hands In The Air remix with Erick Sermon, Redman, MC Eiht is better than Throw Your Set In The Air. LOL@Westside Connection's King Of The Hill diss song about Cypress Hill. That song had me rolling. They shitted on Cypress Hill.

Visionz
07-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I really want to eat a dick right now. Who wants to go?

venex
07-20-2007, 05:49 PM
temples of boom is in my top3 of best albums of all time... I have good memories with that one...

as a big cypress fan, I feel this is their best...each album still got a vibe off it's own...and I like TOB's best...

Memory Man
07-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Damn. I'm surprised everybody seems to be sleeping on their self titled debut album. For me it's between that and 'Temples of Boom', although in the end I think I'd have to lean towards the self titled album. 'Black Sunday' is great too though.

co-sign

Dragondude_R
07-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Temples of Boom > Black Sunday > Cypress Hill >>> The rest

Those two are amazing, their debut was always just alright to me, and the rest is barely worth a mention.

There's a Cypress Hill/B-Real site with a bunch of rare shit, some of the unreleased tracks there are better than the material from the first 3 albums. I'll post it if I find it again.