PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on One Be Lo

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-09-2007, 10:43 AM
IMO very underrated. He haven't let himself to be captured by the industry and he always bring heat. He knows how to flow, knows how to tell a story...and damn, he can even produce...

What do you think of him?

TAURO
07-09-2007, 10:47 AM
I listen to his music nearly everyday, over the last few months since I bought the Binary Star & Sonogram album, One Be Lo has really grown on me. I now rank him in my top ten favourate mc's of all time.

I saw some freestyles of him on you tube, watching them all I could think of was that he was the definition of a true hip hop mc in the classic sense.

TAURO
07-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Heres the One Be Lo freestyle...It's broken up into five parts so make sure you see them all.

FqX96GT4MKs&mode

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-09-2007, 11:09 AM
One.Be.Lo is a sick MC. Arguably I prefer Senim Silla though, who just released his album "The Name, The Motto, The Outcome".

I haven't heard his album yet, but just listen to Slang Blade off Masters Of The Universe - the guy is too good.

http://www.myspace.com/senimsilla

You can buy Silla's album here (it was only $17 including postage to the UK!).

http://www.sleepercell.biz/store/

TAURO
07-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Senim has a solo out too?......consider it bought, they are both dope though.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Senim has a solo out too?......consider it bought, they are both dope though.

Yeah. I just ordered Silla's cd today, then saw this thread! I got sonogram and Masters too. They're both quality. Masters is one of the most slept on hip-hop album ever.

Can't wait for Silla's album to arrive.

Meta4
07-09-2007, 11:36 AM
One.Be.Lo is one of the illest emcees out there. Original flow, punchlines and he makes good songs. If he ever gets big exposure he'll be a legend.

iammzac
07-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Yea One Be Lo is pretty ill. He lives 15 - 20 minutes from me, I've seen him perform quite a few times. I think he's releasing a new album sometime soon too.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Yea One Be Lo is pretty ill. He lives 15 - 20 minutes from me, I've seen him perform quite a few times. I think he's releasing a new album sometime soon too.

Yeah, I think Silla mentions that on his MySpace or in an interview or something.

Meta4
07-09-2007, 02:08 PM
It's titled "The R.E.B.I.R.T.H." and they supposedly had an album release party back in May with no release date set...

"Real Emcees Bring Intelligent Rhymes To Hip-Hop".

Longbongcilvaringz
07-09-2007, 02:13 PM
One Be Lo is great, his solos are great albums, especially "S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M." which is a personal classic.

have to agree with spinx, silla was nicer on Masters of the Universe, but i feel One. Be Lo became a better mc after that, so...

i need to check out that silla solo.

DJMethods
07-09-2007, 02:36 PM
I hadn't heard much.. ok any.. Binary Star. Just went on youtube and found a few vids, fucking dope. I've gotta wake the fuck up on a lot of this shit.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Masters of the Universe is dope, i managed to pick up a copy at 78's which was surprising.

before that i had never seen it anywhere.

i think there still might be one or two copies there, its a good intro to Binary Star if your interested.

DJMethods
07-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Definately interested. gonna d/l it for now, pick it up if its at 78s, if not might be able to order it online somewhere

maestro wooz
07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
for some reason im just not feeling him too much, aside from a couple songs on sonogram. I bought the album though, gave it to a kid and was like "i dont like this album but you probaly will" and yeah he liked it. I dont know, i think its his voice.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
07-10-2007, 06:22 PM
he has some lyrical skills, but i personally dont like his music, especially the song about how santa claus is the devil

Indiana Jones
07-11-2007, 11:03 AM
hes dope. kinda simple, but dope

TAURO
07-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah. I just ordered Silla's cd today, then saw this thread! I got sonogram and Masters too. They're both quality. Masters is one of the most slept on hip-hop album ever.

Can't wait for Silla's album to arrive.

I downloaded the album because I was just so curious, and im sorry to say but I thought it was weak. Theres too much singing going on and the production for the most part was rubbish.......very disapointing.

dishwab
07-11-2007, 11:35 AM
one be lo is dope

if you like lo or binary star, check out some other ish from subterraneous records

octane & illite - myspace.com/phrikshundubs

decompoze - myspace.com/decompoze

both have albums out recently, both sick

Tecknowledgist
07-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Aiyyo, a wack emcee is something I could never be.
That's like growing dread-locks, while you're taking chemotherapy.
Theoretically, pen and paper is the recipe.
Alphabetically, I'm coming after U like the letter V.
If you ever step to me, the worst is yet to come.
You'll never get the best of me. Call it like a referee.
Call it destiny. Check the melody.
Break the law of gravity, and lyrically, catch a felony.
I make it harder for the next emcee, that's my specialty.
Rappers better be, trying to rap ahead of me.
I'm a hard act to follow, I can prove it medically.
I'm sick in the head, I can move a crowd with mental telepathy.
Expect nothing less of me, top pedigree.
Rap assassin blastin' with syllable weaponry.
Shoot the sherriff, and the deputy. Don't be testin' me.
Whoever thinks they fat can get the Dig Gregory.

One Be Lo is dope as fuck. I think Senim Silla had the better flow on the album, but One Man Army had the better lyrics......I really wish they'd put out a new album.

Polocash7
07-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Sonogram is very dope. One of the best LPs since 2000. He killed it on every verse. Can't wait 4 the next LP. Master of the Universe was dope,too