PDA

View Full Version : Modern Hip-Hop

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 05:53 AM
i find myself wanting to listen to more Modern Hip-Hop then Wu or anything else...
Blackstar, Mos Def And Talib Kweli, Canibus, Royce Da 5'9 (royce not so modern, but death is certain was near close) Common, ya know, things like that.....

the beats, all of it sound dope, i havnt listened to Wu ina few months now =p, i'm not feelin Wu as much anymore, or i just burned myself out on their shit, but any1 else feelin what im saying for real?.

is there any albums that fit into this catagory that u guys want to suggest for me to check out?
cause my taste in rap music changed,. i went to listening to just Wu and Wu-Killabees, Necro , Mobb, Cormega ect.. just real darkish street music, to Modern rap,

now i like listening to Jadakiss, Jounalist, 50 Cent. Game, Lloyd Banks, Bobby Valentino, Copywrite, Jakki Da Motormouth, Gangstarr, Dipset, Cassidy, Missy Eliot, Black Eye Peas ect...ya know bassically the best from their level, to say like 50 Cent makes good mainstrem music as long as its not ont eh radio, dunno why ut the albums singles always sound better to me because thousands of other people arnt listening to it as me i guess,
Bobby Valentino thee hottest R&B singer out there now, Dipset are one of a kind, original fo sho, the way they rap and everything, Cassidy right there between mainstream and underground considering aint too many punchline emcees on the radio, Missy Eliot is a class of her fuckin own, she always has hot fuckin beats on her shit, Black Eye Peashave changed sence when they use to collab with De La and Talib Kweli n such, but its also nice stuff.......

any1 else finding makin themselves a transition from a certain form of rap to anythign else?

but could some1 list some Modern Hip-Hop albums that are worth checkin out....old school or not,

peace

THE W
07-27-2005, 05:59 AM
what do you mean by modern?

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 06:03 AM
Blackstar Album, and say Canibus's Poet Laurette II, beats and rappin like that...

THE W
07-27-2005, 07:14 AM
you wouldnt consider the bobby digital albums or iron flag to be modern? if not then why?

WuBanga36
07-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Some modern Wu lps r dope. I know where u r coming from, I haven't been in the mood of listening to the Wu in a minute. Been bumping to kats like MF Doom, Cage, Sean Price, Scarub, etc.

THE W
07-27-2005, 08:48 AM
wu-tang makes "modern" hiphop too. also there's wu-tang forever, ironman, the pillage, and supreme clientele.

but wu-tang hasnt really done much to keep anyone's attention so naturally people are going elsewhere for music.

Butter
07-27-2005, 09:22 AM
i havent listened to wu hardcore for years now, when i first got into hip hop i would bang their album's non stop but now im just into otehr things.

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 07:36 PM
yeh yeh, im not tlakin about Wu
ima talkin about other artists....but whatever..you guys seem to not catch the drift

and yeh butter, Wu got boring, their not so muhc Modern as im saying....you cant compare Iron Flag to Blackstars album, diff styles

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-27-2005, 07:39 PM
now i like listening to 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Bobby Valentino, Dipset, Cassidy, Missy Eliot, Black Eye Peas ect...ya know bassically the best from their level, to say like 50 Cent makes good mainstrem music as long as its not ont eh radio, dunno why ut the albums singles always sound better to me because thousands of other people arnt listening to it as me i guess,
Bobby Valentino thee hottest R&B singer out there now, Dipset are one of a kind, original fo sho, the way they rap and everything, Cassidy right there between mainstream and underground considering aint too many punchline emcees on the radio, Missy Eliot is a class of her fuckin own, she always has hot fuckin beats on her shit, Black Eye Peashave changed sence when they use to collab with De La and Talib Kweli n such, but its also nice stuff.......

those artists suck horrible ass, especially Bobby Valentino, but w/e you like it, your opinion

GhostfaceKillah199
07-27-2005, 07:42 PM
wu-tang's music is ageless

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 07:42 PM
your attiutude is horrible, grow up kid

07-27-2005, 07:46 PM
:lmao: My attitude is if it's not good, it sucks ass and Bobby Valentino is average R&B, nothing I'd stress OK

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 07:50 PM
u cant say that that 1st joint from Bobby Valentino is classic? the beat, all of it to me is cool as hell.....easily one of the hottest beats of the year....

and if u care to actually help out and maybe list some possiblitys of some good Modern hip-hop albums, that be usefull, but you sayings he sucks ass, does no justice and no point in arguing with my opinon cause im not lookin for any other opinions....

P3T3R BARK3R
07-27-2005, 07:53 PM
beat is hot, but he is a average singer.

modern hiphop:
dipset
d-block
saigon
grafh
shells
jae millz
papoose
purple city
kanye

07-27-2005, 07:57 PM
first off Bobby Valentino is NOT HIP HOP AT ALL. He's garbage R&B

secondly these are some good album that have come out recently that you should get
Kaze & 9th Wonder - Spirit of 94
Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
Masta Killa - No Said Date
Sean Price - Monkey Barz
Buckshot - Chemistry
One Be Lo - SONOGRAM
MF DOOM - (Fuck that, all the shit he's come out with in the past couple of years?)
fuck there is a lot of shit that's come out this is what comes to my head, all recent, all classic or near it

Papers
07-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Devin the dude

Fr@z
07-27-2005, 07:59 PM
I don't really know your definition of modern but heres a few albums i think may fit into the category.

Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek - Reflection Eternal
Del - Both Sides Of The Brain
All Outkast
Az - Aziatic

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 08:01 PM
thinkin of lookin at the Masta Ace, and yeh MF Doom does have those hot beats witht eh old school hip-hop flavor from like the B-Boy days, i like his hit, most deff soem1 need ot be uploading his shit for me! xD, ive seen papoose's album for download, might go get it, just d/led Kanyes new join, and Fat Joes, havnt listen to it yet tho.......

i got NSD, classic indeed, another good album i think u guys should check out is Jadakiss's Kiss Of Death, nice fo sho.....

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't really know your definition of modern but heres a few albums i think may fit into the category.

Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek - Reflection Eternal
Del - Both Sides Of The Brain
All Outkast
Az - Aziatic
whos Del? care to upload a track?

Refelctioni Eternal ima get, and never got into Az, but doesnt hurt to give him a try

maestro wooz
07-27-2005, 08:04 PM
i know exactly what you mean intellekt. Its called not being a gay backpacker anymore.

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 08:06 PM
lol ok, but i dont understand what u mean

GhostfaceKillah199
07-27-2005, 08:09 PM
whos Del?
you're kidding, right?

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 08:13 PM
you're kidding, right?did it sound like i was joking? no i dont think so....

can u tell me?

P3T3R BARK3R
07-27-2005, 08:20 PM
del the funky homo sapien

bay area based
part of the hiero imperium
dope mc

GhostfaceKillah199
07-27-2005, 08:22 PM
^ you're missin out man. Del Tha Funkee Homosapien is Ice Cube's cousin. he's really witty and fun to listen to. he's a member of Deltron, Hieroglyphics, and I guess technically a member of Gorillaz. Check out Deltron's album Deltron 3030 and any of Del's solos. He's one hell of an MC. peace

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 08:23 PM
will do....

is he on Gorrilaz new album?

P3T3R BARK3R
07-27-2005, 08:24 PM
@ ghostface

thank you. i missed that info out. too much smoking;)

P3T3R BARK3R
07-27-2005, 08:25 PM
will do....

is he on Gorrilaz new album? yep

GhostfaceKillah199
07-27-2005, 08:28 PM
oh, that was meant for intellekt bro, you just posted right before me and I was too lazy to quote intellekt so I put an arrow there. you're high so it's all good. peace

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 08:28 PM
cool..gonna go bootleg now : P

TUCO
07-27-2005, 08:30 PM
cool..gonna go bootleg now : P
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/TucsZilla/estrada.jpg

PEACE

CrunchyBlack
07-27-2005, 10:17 PM
it's kinda wierd....i used to listen to almost nothing but Wu. Nowadays it seems like all i listen to is commercial shit and crunk music. New master P, BG, Lil Wayne, Three Six Mafia, Ying Yang Twins...etc. I love all those artists and their music gets me hyped like crazy, but it's kinda sad that those artists (among many others) are what's "mainstream" and Wu has taken a backseat.

07-27-2005, 10:21 PM
listen to Jeru the Damaja's album The Sun Rises In The East, the intro explains the situation well.........when one side of the penduluum swings in favor of one side, it swings in favor of the opposite side, or sumthin like that

the grimy shit had it's turn, now it's the gay bubblegum shit's turn

CrunchyBlack
07-27-2005, 11:09 PM
the grimy shit had it's turn, now it's the gay bubblegum shit's turn
true! all the new "hot" tracks these days are club songs that suck most of the time.

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 11:17 PM
true! all the new "hot" tracks these days are club songs that suck most of the time.Pretty Toney and Tical 0 fit the catagory im talkin about....

pffft, bubble gum, if u gonna stay some fake grimy bitch your whole life aint know one gonna care for what u say, i dont even care......critizing shit u dont even know about

CrunchyBlack
07-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Pretty Toney and Tical 0 fit the catagory im talkin about....

pffft, bubble gum, if u gonna stay some fake grimy bitch your whole life aint know one gonna care for what u say, i dont even care......critizing shit u dont even know about
are you illiterate?

iNtell3kT
07-27-2005, 11:39 PM
are you illiterate?wtf are u talkin about? yous ome sort of dipshit?

poop one
07-28-2005, 03:48 AM
you suck lyod banks dick, and act like royce and mos def are the same type of heads, and you dont know who del is?

you fucking SUCK at hip hop, dude.

iNtell3kT
07-28-2005, 03:54 AM
you suck lyod banks dick, and act like royce and mos def are the same type of heads, and you dont know who del is?

you fucking SUCK at hip hop, dude.said poop one....lmao i bet u didnt even care to listen to what i was talkin about

Rebel_INS
07-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Yea sometimes its been like that to where you feel a different style of rap, but I listen 2 it all

Wu-Tality
07-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Just listen to what ya like whats ya problem?

iNtell3kT
07-28-2005, 07:57 AM
Yea sometimes its been like that to where you feel a different style of rap, but I listen 2 it allword!

and Wu-Tality..do u ahve anything to recommend?

Origin™
07-28-2005, 08:24 AM
hip-hop rarely exist's in any true form now'adays. its now, hip-pop, pop-rap. call it wha you want, hiphop is dead and burried, the few artists that are keeping it real, wont be able to last in mainstream rap, unless they adapt too what sales. and when they do that, rap is 100% the next pop genre for lil scholl girls, and pussy ass dudes

P3T3R BARK3R
07-29-2005, 05:17 PM
^^^
so who are the real saviours of hiphop today?