PDA

View Full Version : Help Burning DVD

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
So I finally get a dvd-r, and now I put it in my computer [uses vista], and it says it has to be formatted, how do I do that? not sure if this is the right forum, so move if necessary

HarlemDiplomat
07-12-2007, 12:35 PM
So I finally get a dvd-r, and now I put it in my computer [uses vista], and it says it has to be formatted, how do I do that? not sure if this is the right forum, so move if necessary

What program do you have to burn DVDs?

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
07-12-2007, 01:43 PM
the program doesnt matter, the disk has to be formatted, and I dont know how to do that

Bloo
07-13-2007, 04:21 AM
Ok, well if I'm not mistaken vista has disk burning utilites built into the OS (don't know for sure, I haven't had a chance to play with it much yet) But even if that is the case, it can't be any more than just to use the disc like a floppy to burn data to. Depending on what you're trying to use the disc for you're gonna need burning software like Nero. If it's just to back up data, you should be able to do that in Vista. If you wanna burn music you can do that in Media Player 11 (can't be digitally copy protected music though, MP11 will tell you if it is or not).

Dirty Knowledge
07-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Omg am I gonna hate Vista.