PDA

View Full Version : ...And Justice For All...Just for all?

oDoUoSoKo
07-12-2007, 06:53 PM
ok, ive talked about this album many times on here....it is VERY highly praised...and i give it ultimate credit for its effort....but the lack of bass (both in Bass Guitar, and drums) kill me so much...(i boosted the bass on the album on my ipod tho...eloels) i herd that they were like bullyin/hazing Newsted dor replacing burton...so u kno...lack of it...also herd that it just copied the rhythm guit. too much. 'nother problem is the coin on the bass drum which makes the click instead of thud sound...ya, that actually sucks really bad.....really bad idea...so basically, question is...anyone else feel the same? i honestly think with those flaws being fiexed...the album is 10/10..no doubt...thoughts?

oDoUoSoKo
07-12-2007, 07:58 PM
ya, but the instruments imo were unbalanced thru out the album....plus werent u annoyed by the clicky bass drum?

(and i have the cd and vinyl btw.....sounds the same there too..)

SHRAP
07-12-2007, 09:57 PM
wow what a fuckin nit picker

oDoUoSoKo
07-12-2007, 10:00 PM
ok.

Rooty P
07-13-2007, 02:04 AM
It isn't nit picking, the entire industry recognizes this fault with the album. Even Hetfield says there is "no bass on the album" in interviews today, because of how they were picking on Newstead. Really shitty move and maybe someday it could be remastered or something.

((((A:I))))
07-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Pretty much a perfect metal album for me. The clickiness and bass-free weirdness just adds to the charm.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-13-2007, 02:53 PM
I think Master of Puppets was better, but yeah, this one is close to perfection too...

oDoUoSoKo
07-13-2007, 04:45 PM
maybe its just my love of the Bass...but it sounds so empty sometimes...

Mai Wang Tu Phat
05-13-2010, 11:55 AM
You know they remastered it? It's called ...And Justice For Jason. I think it's either remastered, and some guy played bass over it, either way, it sounds much better. Maybe a little too much treble on the bass, but it still sound nice. My favorite Metallica album btw.

INF
05-13-2010, 12:20 PM
can you post a link to a sample of that?^

issues
05-14-2010, 07:09 AM
I think Master of Puppets was better, but yeah, this one is close to perfection too...

that..

Mai Wang Tu Phat
05-14-2010, 07:41 AM
can you post a link to a sample of that?^

Try this

http://www.mediafire.com/?ygvqz2aeedw

INF
05-14-2010, 10:51 AM
thanks dude

INF
05-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Try this

http://www.mediafire.com/?ygvqz2aeedw

repz :thumbup:

been a long time since I visited this album. I got my coffee ready and its ON!!!!

I'm a ride the lightning dude if anything and then I turned Death Magnet if I have to have it.

you best believe I have TORN it up to this album many a times though. Blackened is so evil.That shit will get me going EVERY time. See your mother put to death (death death death), see your mother dieeee

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can hear the bass in this mix and I dont know about all that.its cool that its done like this but you can hear it and ...idk..its like its trying hard not to be the "third" guit but it is.if you know what I mean.

J-DON
05-14-2010, 04:08 PM
best Metallica album to me. Its got "One", "And Justice For All", "Blackened", "Shortest Straw" and "To Live is to Die". Every song is an EPIC with multiple part changes and buildups.

INF
05-14-2010, 04:11 PM
dont forget eye of the beholder and harvester of sorrow

the bass player on this album(the justice for Jason) shoulda fuckin BASS'd this out but it sounds like im right under his strings with no amp on.

still good tho

Mai Wang Tu Phat
05-15-2010, 03:03 PM
repz :thumbup:

been a long time since I visited this album. I got my coffee ready and its ON!!!!

I'm a ride the lightning dude if anything and then I turned Death Magnet if I have to have it.

you best believe I have TORN it up to this album many a times though. Blackened is so evil.That shit will get me going EVERY time. See your mother put to death (death death death), see your mother dieeee

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can hear the bass in this mix and I dont know about all that.its cool that its done like this but you can hear it and ...idk..its like its trying hard not to be the "third" guit but it is.if you know what I mean.
Yeah, I feel you on that last part, if he turned the treble down a lot, and the mid, it would have been much better. Still cool none the less.