PDA

View Full Version : Kanye's New video (Stronger) I am loving this.

12weLvE
07-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I dont know who has seen this, but I am loving this track...So far both of the singles are SICKKKK!!! I think Kanye will bless us again. I think that in a few years he will be considered one of the all time greats. Plus his videos are always the shit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cZd1Js0QaOI

baritone
07-12-2007, 10:28 PM
that video is something else

oDoUoSoKo
07-12-2007, 10:28 PM
warning...people on this site hate it.

GENERAL WISE
07-12-2007, 10:41 PM
His first single >>> This.

12weLvE
07-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Nahhh this is his second one

GENERAL WISE
07-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Nahhh this is his second one

Can't Tell Me Nothin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stronger.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_qhD0DIgWh1Q/RpJvPEEsRFI/AAAAAAAAAmk/dhsL2p8pr4E/s1600/GB5.jpg

11th Chamber
07-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Kanye is THAT nigga!

Altho people on this forum will still find any reason to hate on him, and say he is wack.

Graduation is gonna be sick

Still liked the first single better tho

Razorsharp
07-13-2007, 12:23 AM
he is doin his thing... his simple rhymes are quite comical... good stuff... i got this in my car right now... along with Common- The Game :D

HarlemDiplomat
07-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Yeah I like the video... Kayne is nice man, hes actually one artist that makes a good hip-hop/commercial transition. Plus him and Common are just musical heaven to a hip-hop fan.

Like the vid and the beat is crazy, especially toward the end if you ever get to hear the full song.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-13-2007, 03:12 AM
Common & Kanye = match made in heaven

still don't think Kanye's even in the top1000 of the best lyrics list, but damn, he's aking good music...

beardman
07-13-2007, 09:17 AM
I thought people don't like club songs around here. And I don't think this one is a good one either.

And nope, i'm not hatin'. I just dislike the sample that's being used. It's annoying.

I think the other songs, we heard from his upcoming album were much better.
This is a lot of steps away from let's say Southside Superbowl.
________
vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

TrueDciple
07-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Pure hotness, i like both singles and i bet he got more shit coming to us. Nice!

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
07-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I am not feelin it..Weak beat and rhymes..

12weLvE
07-13-2007, 10:26 AM
I thought people don't like club songs around here. And I don't think this one is a good one either.

And nope, i'm not hatin'. I just dislike the sample that's being used. It's annoying.

I think the other songs, we heard from his upcoming album were much better.
This is a lot of steps away from let's say Southside Superbowl.

You are right it is a club song, but is just so diff from all the club shit out there, think about it. The song is so catchy and is so flawless production wise, the drums sample the sequencing. I am actually suprised that there are a couple of replys on here. Pretty decent track though.

racist randy
07-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah alot of people Complain about Kanye sampling, but they own The Great Migration.

12weLvE
07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah alot of people Complain about Kanye sampling, but they own The Great Migration.

HA HA Good one. He killed the shit out of this sample.

Exodus
07-13-2007, 11:19 AM
It's a good song/video, but I think Can't tell me nothing is better

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
07-13-2007, 11:27 AM
KANYE thinks he's Michael Jackson with this video IMO

Longbongcilvaringz
07-13-2007, 12:25 PM

haha, what the fuck is that meant to mean?

kanye makes a beat, which is virtually exactly the same as the daft punk beat, and everyone is calling him an innovator and the most original guy in hip hop right now.

he is not original.

and the track is bad.

Suga Duga
07-13-2007, 12:30 PM
I am not feelin it..Weak beat and rhymes..

kanye can't rap, how simple is that....

racist randy
07-13-2007, 12:31 PM
haha, what the fuck is that meant to mean?

kanye makes a beat, which is virtually exactly the same as the daft punk beat, and everyone is calling him an innovator and the most original guy in hip hop right now.

he is not original.

and the track is bad.

Everyone Complains about Kanye Sampling, But if you own Bronze Nazareth cd, he sampled the fuck outta that album.

beardman
07-13-2007, 12:35 PM
You are right it is a club song, but is just so diff from all the club shit out there, think about it. The song is so catchy and is so flawless production wise, the drums sample the sequencing. I am actually suprised that there are a couple of replys on here. Pretty decent track though.

Yes it is different. He tries some new things, which is good. But I just don't like the samples. Don't feel the song.
________
marijuana vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/)

beardman
07-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Everyone Complains about Kanye Sampling, But if you own Bronze Nazareth cd, he sampled the fuck outta that album.

I don't have any problems with sampling. I just don't like this sample and I think people here don't hate on samplin', they just don't like this particular sample.
________
BMW N62 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_N62)

Longbongcilvaringz
07-13-2007, 12:45 PM

come on... who on a wu site has a problem with sampling?

its the fact that kanye samples shit that has been sampled before... and he used the sped up vocal sample way too many times. thats what people have a problem with i think.

fortyglock
07-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Rhymes could be better, beat was alright, video is decent - plus Cassie is hot :).

racist randy
07-13-2007, 02:39 PM

its the fact that kanye samples shit that has been sampled before... and he used the sped up vocal sample way too many times. thats what people have a problem with i think.

No alot of people on this website shitted on Kanye for sampling. But I guess since Bronze is Wu they don't care.

DJMethods
07-13-2007, 03:01 PM

yeah agree with that... but he's starting to grow on me. Stick to producing beats for Common.. He'll select the right ones to rip.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-13-2007, 03:06 PM
No alot of people on this website shitted on Kanye for sampling. But I guess since Bronze is Wu they don't care.

i still dont get what you mean by "for sampling".

basically every single wu fans top 5 producers would all sample, so why would they be against it?

its his exectution that people have a problem with, not the principle.

oDoUoSoKo
07-13-2007, 04:50 PM
omg how is Cant tell me nothing better? that fucking song sucks!!! that is so unlike kanye to get a beat from some lame modern producer and have the SAME sound everyone else got...wow.

Bedlam
07-13-2007, 10:19 PM
this is better than Can't Tell Me Nothing (which is the worst Kanye West single i've ever heard. How the fuck can anyone like that beat?) He gives pretty fucking homo looks during the video though...

12weLvE
07-14-2007, 01:20 AM
CAn anyone here up the sampled track??

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-14-2007, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't say Kanye is wack, but what I would say is that he's a far better producer than he is a rapper and that he is a complete cock.

I find it hard to listen to him without dwelling on the fact that he is the most egotistical wanker ever to grace the mic.

I dunno what exactly the sampling debate is here, but bear in mind that not only has the sample RZA used for No Said Date been used before (Outkast), but the oringal track sounds an awful lot like the beat for Masta (RZA aint exactly done much with it). I don't care either way personally, all I want is tunes I like!

racist randy
07-14-2007, 09:48 AM
i still dont get what you mean by "for sampling".

basically every single wu fans top 5 producers would all sample, so why would they be against it?

its his exectution that people have a problem with, not the principle.

Were you here during that Kanye debate? That's why they two guys that quoted me said True. Alot of fans were saying Kanye samples to much. I have a thread saying Bronze does too, but they bash the kid lol.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-14-2007, 10:19 AM
No such thing as sampling too much (unless you're sampling other hip-hop I guess). Just good and bad hip-hop. Tunes I like, and ones I don't.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Were you here during that Kanye debate? That's why they two guys that quoted me said True. Alot of fans were saying Kanye samples to much. I have a thread saying Bronze does too, but they bash the kid lol.

haha, i dunno man, im pretty sure i would have been involved in it...

i just cant see how wu fans can bash sampling, or say that someone does it "too much".

wu music is built on sampling.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-14-2007, 02:11 PM
CAn anyone here up the sampled track??

well im not sure... but i assume Kanye has sampled the "Daft Punk" track ... but they sampled that off another track and changed little.

Daft Punk track = http://youtube.com/watch?v=We2-9XfI6LA

Original (Edwin Birdsong - Cola Bottle Baby) = http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Xn8M7s17pE

All tracks compared = http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXfpLwEBzFA

(had to laugh at the shit at the end "btw daft punk is in the kanye vid, no one stole anything", i guess non hip hop music fans dont really get the whole sampling thing).

12weLvE
07-14-2007, 05:35 PM
well im not sure... but i assume Kanye has sampled the "Daft Punk" track ... but they sampled that off another track and changed little.

Daft Punk track = http://youtube.com/watch?v=We2-9XfI6LA

Original (Edwin Birdsong - Cola Bottle Baby) = http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Xn8M7s17pE

All tracks compared = http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXfpLwEBzFA

(had to laugh at the shit at the end "btw daft punk is in the kanye vid, no one stole anything", i guess non hip hop music fans dont really get the whole sampling thing).

Yo nice find man. Good looks on that. Wow, you have to admit though...there is really talent whern you can put tracks together and make something else thats really good out of it.

baritone
07-14-2007, 07:27 PM
this is better than Can't Tell Me Nothing (which is the worst Kanye West single i've ever heard. How the fuck can anyone like that beat?)
my point exactly

Longbongcilvaringz
07-15-2007, 03:36 AM
yeah, i really cant stand "Can't Tell Me Nothing".

"Stronger" is definitely better.

HarlemDiplomat
07-15-2007, 06:27 AM
KANYE thinks he's Michael Jackson with this video IMO

True...

rubyspirit
07-19-2007, 12:11 AM
We can all admit his songs are interesting. I hate the darts he's throwing at my favorite MC though. I'll check out his CD, but I won't be buying it.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-19-2007, 12:15 AM
^ right, explain this one?

which favourite mc of yours is he "throwing darts at"?

rubyspirit
07-19-2007, 12:21 AM
^ right, explain this one?

which favourite mc of yours is he "throwing darts at"?

On the CTNM song...he says..."When they reminisce over you, my God". Where have you heard that before?

xHard to Earnx
07-19-2007, 11:07 AM
I fucking hate you so much.

THE W
07-19-2007, 11:43 AM
On the CTNM song...he says..."When they reminisce over you, my God". Where have you heard that before?
rubyspirit is so entertaining

THE W
07-19-2007, 11:46 AM
on the sampling issue. people have had an issue with kanye west because many music critics are saying that he's innovative and revolutionary when he isnt doing anything new.

BTW, this track is nice.

J.T.S.
07-19-2007, 11:54 AM
He's not the best but you gotta say this guys creative, his shits entertaining to me.
And he's not that bad by a longshot, only thing lyrics need major work!
But i can stand to listen to him, minus some one like Li'l Wayne or Young Greasy.

wuswordz95
07-19-2007, 08:40 PM
i dont like much computerized beat rap. i hate kanyes flow. if trent reznor did a couple of computerize hip hop beats he would burn the shit out of kanye west

racist randy
07-19-2007, 09:03 PM
We can all admit his songs are interesting. I hate the darts he's throwing at my favorite MC though. I'll check out his CD, but I won't be buying it.

You are a clown.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-19-2007, 09:34 PM
looks like some of the vid was based on akira wen he comes out of the hospital and kills every1

lol they shod have done this

HarlemDiplomat
07-19-2007, 09:56 PM

Pete Rock and CL Smooth ???

Longbongcilvaringz
07-19-2007, 09:58 PM

hahaha

you have to be fucking kidding me?

oh wait, yeah, kanye's a fucking biter now because of that? or is it a subliminal diss?

Longbongcilvaringz
07-19-2007, 10:00 PM
on the sampling issue. people have had an issue with kanye west because many music critics are saying that he's innovative and revolutionary when he isnt doing anything new.

BTW, this track is nice.

thats where my issue is... basically people who know nothing about hip hop love to say that mainstream acts which arent the same as all the other shit out now are revolutionary or original.

i dont think anyone on here really has problems with sampling on a whole, otherwise they might want to have a look at some rza production.

11th Chamber
07-19-2007, 10:03 PM

you talking about CL Smooth?

11th Chamber
07-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Graduation now droppin Sept.11, same days as 50's new album.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=1739

rubyspirit
07-19-2007, 10:57 PM
You are a clown.

Yo momma is a bitch. :fucku:

rubyspirit
07-19-2007, 11:14 PM
I don't have a problem with sampling. That is a part of the hip hop ART. What ya'll fail to see is the darts thrown between the artists. Its true that 85% of the world is blind. Even the fans of Wu who spent their whole career to open your eyes and heart, is still missing it. Amazing.

Did anyone notice the teddy bear warrior in Afro Samurai? What is Kanye's symbol?

If you listen to Kanye's lyrics, he is pointing out several things that went on last year in the hip hop world between the vets and the new kids. His response..."You can't tell me nothing."

Oh, here's the lyric...
"Like back in the days, back when the game was hard
And when they reminisce over Wu, my God" - Method Man (Is It Me)

It was a direct cut.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-19-2007, 11:19 PM
ok sorry, maybe i just dont get it, but can you explain this further?

i really dont understand.

because kanye is just saying the CL Smooth line as a throwback to the classic track, and meth is doing the same shit but jsut changing it a bit with a wu reference...

so who is dissing who exactly, in your opinion.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-21-2007, 09:03 PM
lol some people have a wu complex

LET IT GO!

oDoUoSoKo
07-21-2007, 09:16 PM
shes out of her fucking mind.

xHard to Earnx
07-22-2007, 11:47 AM
CL Smooth went into the future to bite off Method Man and then went back and recorded TROY.

Razorsharp
07-22-2007, 03:55 PM
^^^ LMAO... :lmao:

zeppelin2k
07-22-2007, 09:17 PM
1st single is better
but this one is ill
kanye and timbaland are both on that dance music if you listen to their new shit

Rooty P
07-23-2007, 03:17 AM
Hold the fuck up. This is just taking a Daft Punk song, looping it, then spitting REALLY weak rhymes over top of it. That's why Kanye is a revolutionary? I know kids in high school making shit better than this trash. People make songs like this on Garage Band...come on Kanye, you can't take a Daft Punk song (that is already great) and add nothing to it - then call it your own! Garbage, this is why pop music is worthless now, it's already been done before - LITERALLY!

IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THE (GREAT) DAFT PUNK SONG ("HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER") GO DOWNLOAD IT NOW AND TELL ME THIS KANYE VERSION ISN'T WEAK.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-23-2007, 04:14 AM
hes definitely not a revolutionary or original with this particular song.

anyone saying that is ignorant of the sample etc.

i initially thought it wasnt that great, but listened to in isolation of the daft punk track im actually liking it alot.

kanye's work on "Finding Forever' is dope though.

kewell07
07-23-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty suprised that so many like this song! This has got to be his most faggot type of productions ever and video too. This isn't even hip hop, it's pop music, pop rap, I rather listen to 50 cent than this hit, yeah I said it.

It's this type of "rap" music that killed hip hop straight up, rap and pop is soo close to each other you can't tell them apart no more, and what happen real hip hop/rap got pushed into the background, I'm glad I grew up in the 90' when they showed great hip hop/rap videos, cos if was growing up today I would have I really bad taste in rap music.

Back in the day we had songs on tv like "wooha" with busta, "Drop" with pharcyde, "how I could just kill a man" with cypress, "jump around" with House "brooklyn zoo" and "shimmy shimmy" with odb, "hypnotize" with biggie, "what's my name" and "gin & juice" with snoop, "m.e.t.h.o.d. man" and "reunited" with Wu, "it was a good day" with cube, "1st of the month" with bone, man I could go on, that's the kind of music that open my eyes for hip hop/rap music, raw shit. now all we get is buble gum rap like this song with Kyane, and ridicules clubs songs from the south.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-23-2007, 11:28 AM
well kanye makes pop music in a literal sense.

if you dont like it thats cool, but comparing it to mid 90's semi commercially successful hip hop is pointless.

BIRDCAGE
07-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Nice to see someone samples Daft Punk. But this track was boring though.

Rooty P
07-23-2007, 03:01 PM
I like pop rap, there's a lot of new Timbaland tracks that I think are excellent production ideas. Creative approaches, catchy simplicity, fat synths - dance music. But why is everybody on Kanye? I still don't get what he does that is special? Not creative, not original, no revolution. I'd probably like him a lot more if I hadn't read so many dick rider reviews that talk about how he is the Beethoven of our time and some shit. Ridiculous.

Dirty Knowledge
07-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I swear I can see the devil in that video.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-24-2007, 01:01 AM
I like pop rap, there's a lot of new Timbaland tracks that I think are excellent production ideas. Creative approaches, catchy simplicity, fat synths - dance music. But why is everybody on Kanye? I still don't get what he does that is special? Not creative, not original, no revolution. I'd probably like him a lot more if I hadn't read so many dick rider reviews that talk about how he is the Beethoven of our time and some shit. Ridiculous.

lol, yeah him and his production team.

his first two albums are horrendously over rated in my opinion.

but i think its because reviewers who dont listen to hip hop, like what he does. you know, you read this bullshit "kanye does what other RAP artist can't etc etc.". these people just havent been exposed to other shit, sp that rate kanye real high

and hip hop fans who think "College Dropout" is a classic... i dunno, much just really like his production.

d fresh
07-24-2007, 01:06 AM
best single I heard this year from hip hop

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
07-24-2007, 06:22 PM
best single I heard this year from hip hop

#(

Kanha
07-24-2007, 06:25 PM
damn, this was different