PDA

View Full Version : All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty...

Origin™
07-13-2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40933

that is some crazy shit

L~>1<~NKS
07-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't doubt it!

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39122

Dirty Knowledge
07-13-2007, 01:15 PM
This is really fucked up. This sounds like something they did on purpose, because the point of "Betas" are to make sure this shit doesn't happen. If I were an X-Box consumer, I'd say fuck them and buy a PS3.

Real talk guys, Microsoft does this shit. They blatantly fuck up their software and infest it with bugs; thus all the service packs and money spent on internal upgrades. Especially with networking. The technology game is ran by some greedy fuckaz.

Origin™
07-13-2007, 01:21 PM
They basically wanted a solid foot in the next gen hardware, so they released the X360 as fast as they possibly could, and wanted a good stretch between their release and PS3's release, Which they were successful in doing, But sacrificed the quality of the machine.

mAlAkAz
07-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Is the black 120GB XBOX360 ELITE faulty too?

Origin™
07-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Not sure mAlAkAz

Dirty Knowledge
07-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't think so, Origin. You prolly coughed up more doe for the best possiblity one you could get. the most expensive are always the one's that will work.

11th Chamber
07-13-2007, 02:34 PM
I have yet to have any problems with my 360 that I bought in December. Its not like this is gonna make me run out and get a PS3

LORD ZERO
07-13-2007, 03:07 PM
lol damn dats fucked up, *sticks to ps2/3*

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-13-2007, 03:34 PM
PS3 is going to have better games and more games, just like it was with PS2 vs. Xbox...
cuz PS3 is nothing else then fenomenal

HANZO
07-13-2007, 03:42 PM
mines fine, i aint gonna ditch it to get a ps3. ps3 might be a better machine, but it dnt have gears of halo.

DJMethods
07-13-2007, 03:51 PM
It's a heating problem or something... XBox's are cool, got one, but this shits annoyin as hell.

Dirty Knowledge
07-13-2007, 04:04 PM
PS2 for life fuck X-BOX!

L~>1<~NKS
07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Mah 360 was made in March '06, bought it 07/07/06 and it died 07/07/07, real talk.

But check this out - The 360 is an amazin machine, I can't front. PS3 can't touch 360 in almost every aspeck. I ain't a Xbox groupie, but I also can't front on the features of the 360 over PS3. Micorsoft fucked up, so now they gotta re-up 1 bill. - it's nothin' for 'em.

Anyway besides the games that xbox live market place is the shit!

But MS need to come correck wif they shit - 2 hours on a phone wif a fuckhead from CS isn't fuckin fun.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-13-2007, 06:05 PM
mines fine, i aint gonna ditch it to get a ps3. ps3 might be a better machine, but it dnt have gears of halo.

its true...but soon Gears of War are coming on PC, and the first Halo's are there too....:) get my point? i don't need xbox360 :)

DJMethods
07-14-2007, 04:10 AM
But check this out - The 360 is an amazin machine, I can't front. PS3 can't touch 360 in almost every aspeck.

Can you name one? it's not more powerful, it can't hold the memory on discs, it's faulty machinery... I can't think of one aspect where it's better then the PS3, except for online - When anyway, PS3 are releasing something to change the face of online next year.

Longevity of 360? Won't happen, HD-DVD's are almost dead, their machines are built dead with Microsoft's knowledge and they don't change it, and they can't be profitable for 10 years like the Sony. PS2 is still selling millions of systems.

Cuts
07-19-2007, 08:23 AM
first of all, i got my 360 since december 2005 and never have problems with it, although 33% has problems with overheating or damaging discs with certain dvd drives

stop the bullshitting, this is better that is better

ps3 has a better cpu, xbox360 has a better gpu

and most games will be released on both consoles so only exlcusive games make a difference, but what and how long are things exclusive nowadays

BRONZBODY
07-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Mah 360 was made in March '06, bought it 07/07/06 and it died 07/07/07, real talk.

But check this out - The 360 is an amazin machine, I can't front. PS3 can't touch 360 in almost every aspeck. I ain't a Xbox groupie, but I also can't front on the features of the 360 over PS3. Micorsoft fucked up, so now they gotta re-up 1 bill. - it's nothin' for 'em.

But MS need to come correck wif they shit - 2 hours on a phone wif a fuckhead from CS isn't fuckin fun.damn links why u gotta diss us cs reps like that???

HANZO
07-19-2007, 08:14 PM

man i got my 360 on the same date as you 07/07/06. im staying loyal to my 360, a lot of ppl will go on about how powerful the ps3 is and shit like that. but wasnt the original xbox way more powerful than the ps2. power dnt make much difference its all about games.

L~>1<~NKS
07-20-2007, 01:20 PM
damn links why u gotta diss us cs reps like that???

Dawg mah expierience was wack.... I literally was on hold 3 times first for about 45min, 2nd for about 45 mins and 3rd for about 45 mins.

The dood didn't even spell Mah government right whe I received mah freakin' repair box!

You do CS for XBOX?

http://a469.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_208bc40cf295223863d2aa33566313f4.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=53251634&albumID=896339&imageID=6206047)

Still it's XBOX 360 till the day. The games are jus bannanas, what's PS3 got Fall of Man? Off Road Racing - LMAO!

BRONZBODY
07-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Dawg mah expierience was wack.... I literally was on hold 3 times first for about 45min, 2nd for about 45 mins and 3rd for about 45 mins.

The dood didn't even spell Mah government right whe I received mah freakin' repair box!

You do CS for XBOX?

http://a469.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_208bc40cf295223863d2aa33566313f4.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=53251634&albumID=896339&imageID=6206047)

Still it's XBOX 360 till the day. The games are jus bannanas, what's PS3 got Fall of Man? Off Road Racing - LMAO! yeah. here in texas,not a big 360 fan but i love the job...u prolly got one of them manilla muthafuckaz-we hate em too

Dough Snatcher
07-21-2007, 10:30 PM
I was just in EB and over heard a conversation about extending the 360 warranty. I guess this is what they were talking about...

HarlemDiplomat
07-21-2007, 11:59 PM
This is really fucked up. This sounds like something they did on purpose, because the point of "Betas" are to make sure this shit doesn't happen. If I were an X-Box consumer, I'd say fuck them and buy a PS3.

Real talk guys, Microsoft does this shit. They blatantly fuck up their software and infest it with bugs; thus all the service packs and money spent on internal upgrades. Especially with networking. The technology game is ran by some greedy fuckaz.

I agree, I thought the same thing myself.

brown_dogg
07-23-2007, 12:41 AM
I hate microsoft cuz of shit like this, but gears and halo keep me loyal to xbox.

but honestly fuck xboxes and playstations, NINTENDO WILL COME BACK! shitt my N64 still works, i have it hooked up now and i still play it, but my xbox broke. says somethin about which system is actually "better".

Come Honor Face
07-23-2007, 01:00 AM
PS3 is going to have better games and more games, just like it was with PS2 vs. Xbox...
cuz PS3 is nothing else then fenomenal

What? ps3 is already WAY WAY WAY behind in games!

DJMethods
07-23-2007, 01:03 PM

Man, look at the release dates of the machines. Microsoft dropped all its big games early, PS3 for the next 18 months has the big shit coming out. Heavenly Sword, MGS4, FFXIII, FFXIII versus, Lair, GT5, Unreal tournament 3.. heaps of shit.

GreenPoop!
07-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I've had mine a couple of months after they came out.

Never had any problems at all.

WARPATH
07-23-2007, 05:55 PM

But MS need to come correck wif they shit - 2 hours on a phone wif a fuckhead from CS isn't fuckin fun.

That's a hefty claim.

I don't own an 360 or a ps3, but I do know in regards to the proccessor, PS3 is superior.

pro.Graveface
07-24-2007, 04:38 AM
yo my 360 2006 july, i tink, it makes alot of noise ( ima call dem microsoft bitches 1 of thiese dayz)and most games are wack but I want both ps3 and 360 kuz of wat team tecmo (N.G. seqeal) is gonna do in the future,
ps is way doper then microsoft kuz itz Korean Right? they got a much doper game list that why i stick with sony alwayz

NIGHT MAYOR
07-24-2007, 04:39 AM
*puts xbox hat on*

Real talk guys, Microsoft does this shit. They blatantly fuck up their software and infest it with bugs; thus all the service packs and money spent on internal upgrades.

doubt it mcrosoft are flyin xbox's around to service area's and fixing them FOR FREE, next.

I have yet to have any problems with my 360 that I bought in December. Its not like this is gonna make me run out and get a PS3

peace :tease:

or crackdown/ halo 3 beta

its true...but soon Gears of War are coming on PC, and the first Halo's are there too....:) get my point? i don't need xbox360 :)

halo 3 wont be on pc for years. mark my words halo 3 will be the biggest game ever, people still play halo 2 (released 3 years ago) on there 360 religiously - have you peeped the halo 3 thread ?

Can you name one? it's not more powerful, it can't hold the memory on discs, it's faulty machinery... I can't think of one aspect where it's better then the PS3, except for online - When anyway, PS3 are releasing something to change the face of online next year.

Longevity of 360? Won't happen, HD-DVD's are almost dead, their machines are built dead with Microsoft's knowledge and they don't change it, and they can't be profitable for 10 years like the Sony. PS2 is still selling millions of systems.

i will believe this change of online play when i see it and who uses there xbox to watch dvd's anyway ? you to po` to buy a $100 dvd player ? only aspect that matters - is the games remember it is a games console not a super computer running a country.

and how long are things exclusive nowadays

halo has been exclusive since.......... oh 2001.

I was just in EB and over heard a conversation about extending the 360 warranty. I guess this is what they were talking about...

its true read about it here:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm

and will be untill the next gen

Man, look at the release dates of the machines. Microsoft dropped all its big games early, PS3 for the next 18 months has the big shit coming out. Heavenly Sword, MGS4, FFXIII, FFXIII versus, Lair, GT5, Unreal tournament 3.. heaps of shit.

bullshit, halo 3 and GTA 4 are still on there way

all hail xbox 9:|6

DJMethods
07-24-2007, 05:43 AM
i will believe this change of online play when i see it and who uses there xbox to watch dvd's anyway ? you to po` to buy a $100 dvd player ? only aspect that matters - is the games remember it is a games console not a super computer running a country.

There's a Beta version of Home up now... It was shown at E3, there's videos on IGN and youtube of it. You'll believe it when you see it?

Lets not forget to mention PSN is free.

Blu-ray isn't JUST for DVDs. Check the size comparisons, Sony's GTA4 is rumoured to be getting shit on the disc that you XBox guys have to download. It's why you'll never cop FFXIII or MGS4, it won't fit on a HD-DVD, probably take 9 of them.

bullshit, halo 3 and GTA 4 are still on there way

all hail xbox 9:|6

Thats two games, one of them not even an exclusive and the other Halo. Halo was cool, but this new version just looks too cartoony.. It will sell a shitload, but i'm happy with Killzone and MGS4. GTA4? Shit, thats on Sony too... As well as a shitload of other titles.

But, nice way to miss the point. XBox will have more games out right now because it's been out for longer, not hard to understand. The next 18 or so months are when Sony releases big games, proper next-gen games.

NIGHT MAYOR
07-24-2007, 05:50 AM
You'll believe it when you see it?
yep when I see it,

NIGHT MAYOR
07-24-2007, 05:52 AM
Lets not forget to mention PSN is free.

o.k. so microsoft makes you pay for online and has millions of daily users, where as sony gives it to you for free........... buuuuuuuuuut no one plays it, maybe thats the reason. they'd prolly charge you if other people were online for you to play - its ok maybe in a few years you will have a online community as powerful as xbox :stroke:

NIGHT MAYOR
07-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Blu-ray isn't JUST for DVDs. Check the size comparisons, Sony's GTA4 is rumoured to be getting shit on the disc that you XBox guys have to download. It's why you'll never cop FFXIII or MGS4, it won't fit on a HD-DVD, probably take 9 of them.

like i said these are games, the most important thing is that they are enjoyable. what happens if those games are fucking shit and no one likes em, was a whole lotta work for nothing.

NIGHT MAYOR
07-24-2007, 06:01 AM
Halo was cool, but this new version just looks too cartoony.. It will sell a shitload, but i'm happy with Killzone and MGS4.
you call this cartoony ?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/fredymech/newest-1.jpg

dude wake up

NIGHT MAYOR
07-24-2007, 06:07 AM
But, nice way to miss the point. XBox will have more games out right now because it's been out for longer, not hard to understand. The next 18 or so months are when Sony releases big games, proper next-gen games.

i did'nt miss one point, and again - i will believe it when i see it, microsoft have there claws into the games at the moment. it aint gunna change. PEACE.

Cuts
07-24-2007, 06:22 AM
1. who uses there xbox to watch dvd's anyway ?

2. halo has been exclusive since.......... oh 2001.

1. i do why buy a dvd player for the few times i watch a dvd. and no im not poor, rather spend my money on some usefull stuff

2. halo is a hyped and shitty game

shaolinsword
07-24-2007, 08:03 AM
I use my xbox to watch dvd's but I hardly watch them anymore

Sony will have to start charging for PSN sometime soon, they're loosing enough money as it is, not to mention the law suit over Blu-Ray

Most of the 100+ games coming out between now and March 08 will be either released on the 360 or they'll be a timed exclusive and 360 owners will get them a few months late

Kojima has already stated that he's looking to develop for other consoles and considering Halo 3 is rumoured to be split across 3 discs there's no reason why MGS4 won't be done like that

NIGHT MAYOR
07-24-2007, 08:03 AM
thats your opinion, a few million would like to differ. (cuts) ^O^

NIGHT MAYOR
07-24-2007, 08:07 AM
considering Halo 3 is rumoured to be split across 3 discs there's no reason why MGS4 won't be done like that

shit why had'nt i heard that. can you source some links to tha halo 3 thread ?

DJMethods
07-24-2007, 08:15 AM
yep when I see it,

How do you plan on seeing if you're blind? It's there, if you look the other way you'll never see it.

o.k. so microsoft makes you pay for online and has millions of daily users, where as sony gives it to you for free........... buuuuuuuuuut no one plays it, maybe thats the reason. they'd prolly charge you if other people were online for you to play - its ok maybe in a few years you will have a online community as powerful as xbox

No one plays it? You've never even touched a PS3, or it's online, how would you know? I've been on and a fuckload of people use it, over a million easily, closer to 2. You're just showing ignorance, you've obviously never touched the thing and are going by stupid xbox fan rumours... I've got both systems, I reckon I'd know a bit more then you.

Also, can you even use wireless for XBox? We had to hook up through ethernet..

like i said these are games, the most important thing is that they are enjoyable. what happens if those games are fucking shit and no one likes em, was a whole lotta work for nothing.

This is laughable again. Yes, most important thing is enjoyable games.. How do you know Halo 3 will be enjoyable? Or any future XBox release? Get ya hand off it.

Fact is, Bluray gives developers a lot more freedom to make games they want to make without it being 9 discs long.

you call this cartoony ?

Have you seen the screenshots of INGAME play? Yeah, it is cartoony, will be a dope game, but it's not very realistic or close to revolutionary.

i did'nt miss one point, and again - i will believe it when i see it, microsoft have there claws into the games at the moment. it aint gunna change. PEACE.

Microsoft have been around for longer, it's why ALL their machines are faulty. They rushed it out to get a head start. Come on, you're not this stupid.

Sony will have to start charging for PSN sometime soon, they're loosing enough money as it is, not to mention the law suit over Blu-Ray

Most of the 100+ games coming out between now and March 08 will be either released on the 360 or they'll be a timed exclusive and 360 owners will get them a few months late

Kojima has already stated that he's looking to develop for other consoles and considering Halo 3 is rumoured to be split across 3 discs there's no reason why MGS4 won't be done like that

360 will never get FFXIII or MGS4 or Lair or Heavenly Sword or Grand Turismo 5 or a fuckload of other games. There will be some ports, of course, just like a shitload of 360 games will be on PS3 - But not the major titles.

As for Sony losing money, that is ridiculous mate. Microsoft are losing a SHITLOAD of money. Their sales in Japan haven't even reached half a million lol, they're losing money by haing to sell 2/3 consoles to every person, they're losing money from having to UPGRADE every second month to try and keep up with Sony.

Kojima came out and said "MGS4 is a PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE", this is his LAST game on the MGS series. It's not going to 360, if you want to keep wishing go for it, but he's said it will never be on 360. A spin off maybe, but like last time a MGS game went to XBox it'll be a quater of the experience, literally.

shaolinsword
07-24-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm sure MS are loosing money with all their fuck ups but I wasn't on that subject so there was not much point in putting it

Capcom said that DMC4 is an exclusive and Ubisoft said Assassin's Creed would be exclusive but they're both on the 360. With the amount of money it costs to make next gen games most developers can't afford to keep a game exclusive. I won't be wishing for MGS4 to come to 360 as I don't really like it that much since Snake Eater ruined it. Didn't the MGS game for xbox have the complete story and some extra shitty VR missions?

Mr. X
07-24-2007, 08:23 AM
The problems are with the 360s released at launch and they lengthen the warranty on it anyway. Just send it back to Micro$oft and they'll fix it.

FYI, it's a problem with the soldering they did.

DJMethods
07-24-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm sure MS are loosing money with all their fuck ups but I wasn't on that subject so there was not much point in putting it

Capcom said that DMC4 is an exclusive and Ubisoft said Assassin's Creed would be exclusive but they're both on the 360. With the amount of money it costs to make next gen games most developers can't afford to keep a game exclusive. I won't be wishing for MGS4 to come to 360 as I don't really like it that much since Snake Eater ruined it. Didn't the MGS game for xbox have the complete story and some extra shitty VR missions?

Lets be straight... both these companies to burn half of their money and it not affect a single thing. I doubt Sony will ever charge for their online, they get a shitload of money from downloadable games. Warhawk is a full game and will be available to download, stuff like that just makes them a killing.

No doubt, companies do lie like that, but you honestly don't think MGS4 is going to 360? Theres a difference between Devil May Cry (Capcom who have already screwed Sony with Resident Evil) and Ubisoft to Kojima. He won't go back on his word, the games nearly completed too, all done for PS3. As for the money issue, why would he make another version for XBox? MGS doesn't sell well on there, make more sense to release it on Nintendo.

It wasn't a full MGS game, I never played it on my XBox cause I already had all MGS's for PS, so I can't confirm. Plus my internets running slow as fuck, can't even check for you.

NIGHT MAYOR
07-24-2007, 08:35 AM
How do you plan on seeing if you're blind? It's there, if you look the other way you'll never see it.

dude its a saying, when the shit is un missable - when the shit is in stores i will believe it get it ?

Also, can you even use wireless for XBox? We had to hook up through ethernet..

mate runs it

This is laughable again. Yes, most important thing is enjoyable games.. How do you know Halo 3 will be enjoyable?

id put money on it.

Have you seen the screenshots of INGAME play? Yeah, it is cartoony, will be a dope game, but it's not very realistic or close to revolutionary.

dude that was a 'INGAME' screenshot

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12621

a few days later "We released a shot from the Campaign yesterday. It’s the second actually, and both shots are ostensibly very similar. Simple poses of the Chief in environments from the single player game. They were both designed with the same purpose in mind – just a taste of Campaign and a wallpaper-worthy portrait of a Spartan with an Assault Rifle. As before, it came under a lot of scrutiny.

The shot was taken by our very own Sketch. He detached the camera on an early level, flew out a little, made sure nothing too revealing was in the background, and took a shot. There you have it. It’s not only the game engine, it’s the game. Accusations of “bullshot” were especially amusing given the utter lack of stuff in the shot. A dude, some clouds, a mountain. Not only was it not fake, it would have been the most pointless fake in the history of gaming."

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12625

who's ignorant now :picture:

go to the screenshots page, have a look around

shaolinsword
07-24-2007, 08:37 AM
I think there's a chance of it being on the 360 but it's a very very slim chance, hopefully it does happen so it'll save me spending £400+ until FFXIII comes out, but even if it doesn't come to 360 I couldn't really care less because either way I'll be getting a PS3 in time for FFXIII + FF vsXIII

DJMethods
07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
dude its a saying, when the shit is un missable - when the shit is in stores i will believe it get it ?

It's not going to stores, it's downloadable for free. It looks dope. You have your own house and shit, can bump Liquid Swords or whatever music you want and cunts come around to chill/challenge to a game and shit. SSet up your own house with trophies and whatever.

id put money on it.

And you wouldn't put money on MGS and FF being enjoyable? Or Lair? Or Heavenly Sword? Warhawk looks dope too, same with a shitload of other games.

dude that was a 'INGAME' screenshot

who's ignorant now :picture:

go to the screenshots page, have a look around

I meant shooting and shit, like laserbeams and what not. Can't go to the screenshot page right now cause my internet is fucked, but I've seen screenshots before. Looks dope as fuck, but not really realistic FPS (Which is what I meant by "cartoony").

Cuts
07-24-2007, 12:53 PM
who gives a fuck, if you like playstation buy it, if you like xbox buy it, just play the shit you like

endless discussion on wich one is better, how can you say something is better if it doesnt fit you, than the other is better for you

and again, it a fact the ps3 has a better cpu(but there was a cell processor before and nobody wanted to have it cause it was shit to program for that)

and it a fact the xbox360 has a better gpu, so the one has this the other that at the end most games will be equal cause they will be released on both consoles

and halo is a shitty game ;), it hyped by the millions but it wasnt really something 'new' as they said it would be, so than for me it is a shitty game cause they couldnt do what was promised

but the conclusion is always the same, play on the console you like and just PLAY THAT SHIT

Come Honor Face
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm glad I have both. LOL

shaolinsword
07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Home sounds good but I bet it'll get boring after a few months and the fact you have to invite people to your house just to play a game is annoying

SWAMP WATER
07-24-2007, 02:34 PM

But it will have a GOD OF WAR installment.

SWAMP WATER
07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Anybody know if DRAGONBALL Z,GT will be on PLAYSTATION 3?Talk about sick graphics.

NIGHT MAYOR
07-24-2007, 04:52 PM
It's not going to stores, it's downloadable for free. It looks dope. You have your own house and shit, can bump Liquid Swords or whatever music you want and cunts come around to chill/challenge to a game and shit. SSet up your own house with trophies and whatever.

And you wouldn't put money on MGS and FF being enjoyable? Or Lair? Or Heavenly Sword? Warhawk looks dope too, same with a shitload of other games.

I meant shooting and shit, like laserbeams and what not. Can't go to the screenshot page right now cause my internet is fucked, but I've seen screenshots before. Looks dope as fuck, but not really realistic FPS (Which is what I meant by "cartoony").

shit sounds like the sims. MGS, FF, lair, heavenly sword - warhawk, i would'nt put money on. but thats ME. and as the halo being cartoony - thats an opinion, halo has always been like that, are you suprised this one is the same, i smell a cover up here. peace.

shaolinsword
07-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Anybody know if DRAGONBALL Z,GT will be on PLAYSTATION 3?Talk about sick graphics.

Doubt it very much, I think it will stay on the Wii now

shaolinsword
07-24-2007, 05:17 PM
shit sounds like the sims

More like second life everyone is nutting over but games related check the trailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4865.html)

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-24-2007, 08:41 PM
lol nerd wars begin

oLd_KaiNry
07-25-2007, 02:18 AM

yeah but good pc's cost 2x the price of a 360. u get to play on a smaller screen and u need to buy a newer super expansive graphic card every year or two to make sure ur on point and u can play all the newer games

NIGHT MAYOR
07-25-2007, 03:26 AM
yeah but good pc's cost 2x the price of a 360. u get to play on a smaller screen and u need to buy a newer super expansive graphic card every year or two to make sure ur on point and u can play all the newer games

and then there is the controller vs keyboard thing, see new thread :p

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39942

Bloo
07-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Aight, after 4 pages of banter I feel it's time I put my two in...

I consider myself a hardcore gamer. Now more than before due to maturity and budget constraints. I've been doin this since '86, back when the Commodore 64 was hot. Moved on to an NES and fell in love, stayed loyal to only the big N for damn near 15 years. Broke that loyalty when my dad bought me a Dreamcast as a graduation gift. After playing that system I realized that I should branch out and show equal love to all systems cause even with their weaknesses they all had worthwhile games. I vowed I'd never own a Playstation under any circumstances, even though I missed the FF franchise I wasn't willing to defect out of hope that Squeenix would come home. Needless to say I got tired of waiting and grabbed one. It was great, lots of great games on the PS2, same for the Xbox, I swore I'd never support a Mafia$oft console, two years later I gave in.

The point is, every console has it's good sides. All of them offer an experience you can't get on the other. Even if it is just that exclusive game that will never be on the other.

As for PCs, consoles still can't hold a torch. :)

NIGHT MAYOR
07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
*tumble weed crosses the street*

Bloo has spoken, now shut the fuck up hahahaha

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-28-2007, 07:24 PM
They basically wanted a solid foot in the next gen hardware, so they released the X360 as fast as they possibly could, and wanted a good stretch between their release and PS3's release, Which they were successful in doing, But sacrificed the quality of the machine.

basically this is why I've stuck wit the Japanese and bought a PS2 and i am going to cop a PS3