PDA

View Full Version : big shug disses common, guru & nas (sort of)

Memory Man
07-14-2007, 06:16 PM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/2692734acbf987/

TAURO
07-14-2007, 06:53 PM
This track was FIRE!!

Although I don't think he was really dissing anyone, he was just saying things as he (and every other true hip hop fan) saw it.

cap
07-14-2007, 09:35 PM
nice track,someone had to say it.
shug isnt that nice though.

Chiba-Smoker
07-14-2007, 11:03 PM
your a dumb ass! u are hearing shit that aint there! all he said is those guys always need his f promo-premire. the other shit wasnt towards them cause they r his fs dumb fuck!

Memory Man
07-14-2007, 11:43 PM
your a dumb ass! u are hearing shit that aint there! all he said is those guys always need his f promo-premire. the other shit wasnt towards them cause they r his fs dumb fuck!

wow, i didn't realize i was a dumb ass. thanks for pointing that out.
i said it was SORT OF a diss, but i guess you missed that. guru and nas are only mentioned as "needing premier," but how is this not a common diss?:

"my daughter found nemo, i found the new premo"
-common "the people"

"some claim they got the new preme, but they lived the life of nightmares, not dreams./ who resurrected your career at the best time, even though you herbed up he made you sound so grime./ time after time he gave you hits, but in return you gave him bullshit."
-big shug "it just don't stop"

harm77
07-14-2007, 11:52 PM
is it me or does all of premier's beats sound the same lately. its like he uses the same drums on all his tracks

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-15-2007, 03:18 AM
Shit as it is I did it in 2 minutes.
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8724/findingpremotz1.jpg

WuGambino
07-15-2007, 04:55 AM
The irony is if Big Shug didn't have Premo he would be absolutely nowhere lol.

Edit: lolz @ the pic

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Shit as it is I did it in 2 minutes.
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8724/findingpremotz1.jpg

LOL LOL LOL

This big shug, i never heard of him till now...

11th Chamber
07-15-2007, 06:26 AM
is it me or does all of premier's beats sound the same lately. its like he uses the same drums on all his tracks

I noticed the same thing, only its been for the past few years. Still the 2nd/3rd greatest ever tho

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-15-2007, 09:17 AM
before i listen

im gonna say big shug isent a good mc, Simple rhymes. He is lucky that primo laces him

olddddddddddddddddddddddddd songggggggggggggg

BUT i listened again, and damn this is dopeeeeeee

oDoUoSoKo
07-15-2007, 09:46 AM
y he dissin comm? those lines are OBVIOUSLY directed towards him.

CharlesJones
07-20-2007, 04:18 PM
I like Big Shug. I'll peep his new album when it drops. I liked his Who's Hard album. I wonder why he would diss Guru since Guru is supposed to be his friend.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-20-2007, 04:47 PM
LOL LOL LOL

what the fuck man are you kidding me he was featured on gangstarr's momment of the truth album on the same track wit freddie foxxx man yall too new to rap son and if you don't wtf i'm talking about its called "The Militia"

CharlesJones
07-20-2007, 06:26 PM
He also rapped on Gang Starr's F.A.L.A. song on Hard To Earn album. Big Shug has been around for a long time. He did a song called Crush 11 years ago and his album never came out. I remember seeing the video for Crush. I was pissed that his album didn't come out back then.

assmoney
07-20-2007, 06:29 PM
wtf... all these new beats sound the same

where's the offering pt.1 - kp, this song, play it - big shug

Memory Man
07-20-2007, 07:42 PM
shug was an original member of gang starr before premo was in the group. he's getting at guru a little because guru's been saying gang starr broke up while premo says the group still exists.

assmoney
07-21-2007, 11:57 AM
he's a member of the gang starr foundation, not gang starr. Gang starr is just guru and premo.

CharlesJones
07-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Guru need to get off that bullshit and hook back up with Premier for some more Gang Starr albums. If it wasn't for these faggot ass record companies that Gang Starr is signed with, they probably would've released more albums quicker.

Memory Man
07-21-2007, 03:49 PM
he's a member of the gang starr foundation, not gang starr. Gang starr is just guru and premo.

that's true now, but shug was actually in the group at one point.

VallKano
07-27-2007, 01:29 PM

honestly premier fucked up everyone pumped him up YOU THE BEST MAN YOU THE BEST I LOVE ALL UR TRACKS MAN so all he did was make more tracks and expect u to love em...too bad hes boring as fuck now he got shown up by the other producers on shug's album which is really sad fuck premier...who else feels like sayin it

DJMethods
07-27-2007, 01:32 PM
haha, was looking for this the other day

Educate me... I thought Common worked with No ID (Who made his career), then Jay Dee, then ?uestlove and then Kanye West.. I don't remember Premo making him into something massive, so hows that diss work?

P-Noid Brown
07-27-2007, 01:56 PM
all i gotta say this is why big shug is the biggest selling artist in america....

Trust and Believe Nas and Guru dont need Premo, it's just that the combination is so Natural , Who wouldnt wanna hear premo , guru and nas????

Whether if it was a tough guy line or a try to diss rhyme..... shug aint that nice so i wouldn't sweat it. Let him do what he does......

CharlesJones
07-27-2007, 03:42 PM
LOL@Big Shug is the biggest selling artist hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Don't be dissing Big Shug like that LOL. I know his Who's Hard album sold about 10 copies LOL. I liked Who's Hard album though. What did he say about Guru and Nas? I wasn't able to hear the diss song because i don't have a audio speaker at the library i go to.

buckshotstheone
08-05-2007, 09:42 AM
LOL LOL LOL

peep The Militia on Moment of Truth

buckshotstheone
08-05-2007, 09:46 AM
i thought he was "dissing" Jay-Z with the "i know you went corporate" line cause he hits Nas on the next line which would make sense.

either way this joint is a fucking BANGER!!!!

when did it actually drop? (before this album i mean)

THE W
08-05-2007, 01:41 PM
been like that since moment of truth.

WuGambino
08-05-2007, 03:16 PM
haha, was looking for this the other day

Educate me... I thought Common worked with No ID (Who made his career), then Jay Dee, then ?uestlove and then Kanye West.. I don't remember Premo making him into something massive, so hows that diss work?

I thought that as well.

LOL @ him calling Guru 'little fella' at the end of the track.

buckshotstheone
08-05-2007, 03:36 PM
he's calling Guru little fella? i thought he meant Lil' Dap

drunken jesus
08-30-2007, 01:20 PM
this would actually matter if big shug was dope, or if he was relevant

big shugs been around forever & done nothing for good reason... everything about his style is simplistic, at least guru was a simple rapper that was somewhat nice lyrically big shug isn't good at writing or rapping, primo needs to quit fucking with wack dudes like big shug, hes just putting beats to waste even if they are throwaways

Krimewave
08-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Crush by Big Shug is a bonafide classic

GBUILDING
08-30-2007, 06:47 PM
just to let some of yall know - shug was talkin to jay-z when he said "some CLAIM they got the new prem but they live the life of nightmares, not dreams".

jay-z was asked by marley marl on a radio call-in why there was no primo on the new album and jay-z said that just blaze was the new premier so...
marley was like "aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh (not really feelin jay-z's answer).

i heard the audio. it was on spinemagazine.com after jiggas last joint dropped. then there are the obvious nas and guru disses. i dont think there was a diss to common, though. peace.

DoomSystem
09-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Nah... ya'll got it all wrong

Some say they found the new Preeme / But they living the life of nightmares not dreams

THIS IS CLEARLY DIRECTED AT COMMON

Who resurected your career at the best time / Even though you herbed up he made you sound so grime

I THINK THIS IS DIRECTED TOWARDS KRS ONE and PREEMO'S work with KRS on RETURN OF THE BOOM BAP and KRS'S SELF TITLED ALBUM -- not 100% sure but KRS has been known for jerking people around here and there...

Big Shug ain't the world's greatest rapper but he holds it down and spits the real --- GURU btw is not simplistic -- Top ten of all time you weak suckas --- I thought you'd know better... is this a Wu-Tang board --- some of ya'll soundlike you should be on the Def Jam board sweating Hovie... LOL... Jigga's nice but his albums are pretty wack... except resonable doubt... even the Blueprint ain't shit --- So Ghetto is one of his top 5 best songs and gues who did that...PREEMO --- ne ways... I don't give a fuck to keep breaking this down --- ONE DAY IT WILL ALL MAKE SENSE

DoomSystem
09-01-2007, 03:30 AM
Dukes... NAs and Primo were supposed to do an album together...then Nas blew it off to do gay shit with Def Jam .. meanwhile preeme's been saving beats for Nas all this time --- 'cmon now

Unseen
09-01-2007, 10:51 AM
I wonder how Premo felt about that Com line? Nice to hear Big Shug standing up for the best producer ever

One and Only
09-02-2007, 11:36 PM
LOL LOL LOL

Uh are you serious? Didn't you listen to Gang Starr moment of truth?