PDA

View Full Version : M. Knight Shyamalan appreciation thread

PsYkOsUs
07-27-2005, 03:09 PM
he's is/gonna be one of the best writers/directors of all time... The Village, Signs, Unbreakable, The Sixth Sense (he's got one other i haven't seen) are all great movies... discuss:

ps. people who didn't like The Village, don't like good writing...

Shitao
07-27-2005, 03:30 PM
I dont like 6th sense.
Unbreakable is fucking dope.
SIgns is ...ok
I dont see the village.

And its not Knight, but Night. ;)

PsYkOsUs
07-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I dont like 6th sense.
Unbreakable is fucking dope.
SIgns is ...ok
I dont see the village.

And its not Knight, but Night. ;)
whoops!

ARCHRIVAL
07-27-2005, 05:06 PM
i think he is highly overrated cuz there are so few high quality supernatural thrillers these days.

Sixth Sense was really good when i saw it, but that was like 5 years ago. I thought signs was an anus, but unbreakable was pretty good.

i havent seen the village, but heard bad things. may check it out. thats a crock of shit if you think anyone that doesnt like the village doesnt know good writing.

did you see that special doc on Sci-fi about him? shit was pretty good.

dooboy
07-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Yeah i've really enjoyed all his films so far.

I really like the style the films are shot and i think the music he uses are some of the best i have heard in a long while

ThePharaohNosferatu
07-27-2005, 07:47 PM
IM A BIG SHYAMALAN FAN!!!!

next movie is Lady in the water, it comes out next year.

I hope that this movie isnt a disappointment.

Punch
07-27-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't like him at all really, his work relies too much on gimmicks.

U-Samurai
07-28-2005, 02:50 AM
^^^^^^^ exactly...

RynMur
07-28-2005, 03:30 AM
Anyone see the village? one of the worst movies i ever seen

Skellington
07-28-2005, 06:01 AM
6th sense was ok, but it's a movie you can only see once.

The Village was a BIIIIGGG dissapointment, it started of pretty well tho....

And as for Signs, an even bigger dissapointment, again, the movie started good but turned into nuthin'.

Ronin
07-28-2005, 06:16 AM
he shoulkd stop doing twists EVERY FUYCKING TIME

6th sense was good, u cant really watch it over again...unbreakable was also good

but signs....aliens that hate water? the earths like 75% water for fucks sake

hes an over rated director like tim burton

RZA 2003
07-28-2005, 07:06 AM
all his movies were good except for "The Village"

damn that movie was awful

Nexodus the Nth Entity
07-28-2005, 11:59 AM
I am a fan of Shyamalan's works...although I haven't seen Stuart Little yet...haha
Nevertheless I found his more familiar works entertaining.....from the pace (some may consider it slow, to each his own), his use of camera angles and colour palette/motifs...are all well done, in my opinion

Sixth Sense is clearly his best work, guess it started it all with the so-called twists his name is synonymous with to this date...the afterlife, apparitiions..was fantastic
Unbreakable was great, the average joe superheroe, good v.s. evil...dope
Signs...excellent take on determinism/free will, ones faith....solid work

but signs....aliens that hate water? the earths like 75% water for fucks sake.....it was the bacteria 'in' the water, for those who also are thinking the same

The Village was decent, though, I have only seen it once where as I've seen those mentioned previously numerous times, I still hope to learn to love this film...the cinematography is top notch

WARPATH
07-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I didn't like any of his movies beacuse someone always spoiled the ending before I watched them.
the exception is unbreakable- that movie was fucking fresh baby

netscape check two
07-28-2005, 02:26 PM
I think he's overrated. I didn't think The Sixth Sense was that great. I liked Stir of Echoes better, it was more eerie. I didn't see Unbreakable. Signs was ok, but nothing special. The Village was worse than Signs, especially the ending. A bunch of people walked out of the theater during that movie.

He did Stuart Little? lol I liked that movie. I didn't see the second one though.

SHRAP
07-28-2005, 03:29 PM
i liked unbreakable cuz it had john mcclane in it and i think it had a few explosions, sixth sense had john mcclane too i think, everything else blah