PDA

View Full Version : Starting a hip-hop scene

Ultimate Fist
07-18-2007, 03:47 AM
Does anybody know how I can do this? I've been living in this town for a few years now and there's about an average number of kids into hip-hop, rapping, b-boying and so on but they aren't really unified. There's a gestapo police force in town, which isn't helping. I was rapping at school one time and the campus officer told me I had to stop because I might start a riot (WTF? There were like 8 kids watching, 6 of them were white suburban kids, and I was rapping old school, no gangsta shit or nothing). I think if I could find a place for people to rap and b-boy and stuff that would help but the pigs love harassing people and the town is a big place for old white retirees, so they aren't sympathetic because they think rap is a gang (read: nigger) thing.

HarlemDiplomat
07-18-2007, 04:39 PM
When I lived in Northern Va. it wasn't much out where I was. I met up with someone who had equal knowledge and love for hip-hop and he had a mic and a recording program. Then we started bringing people in to make mixtapes and shit... shit was hot.

I mean its tight even when you get people who don't even rap or who aren't into rap like that to write 16 bars and record and then put it out.

Its like magic.

TSA
07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
sound exactly like Lincoln Nebraska. I sell CDs, im about to have a show to unify everyone that raps in town free of charge,
it'll have breaking, crumping(the new breaking i guess) and whatever other elements we can incorportate.

so that's the steps i've taken.

HarlemDiplomat
07-18-2007, 04:55 PM
sound exactly like Lincoln Nebraska. I sell CDs, im about to have a show to unify everyone that raps in town free of charge,
it'll have breaking, crumping(the new breaking i guess) and whatever other elements we can incorportate.

so that's the steps i've taken.

True... its good to build a good following in an area like that. You never know what kind of contacts you can get in the future.

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-18-2007, 05:48 PM
ya start a hip hop scene, But dont rap about the struggle or slinging crack

please

Ultimate Fist
07-18-2007, 09:26 PM
There's sort of a hippy vibe to the town next to ours. I'm thinking I'll do something more Bohemian... right now I'm calling it "The Artist's Cipher." I'll find some place and anyone who comes has to bring something they wrote, whether it's a poem, a rap, a song, or some music. Then, we perform for each other. A beatnik/rap/punk/jazz scene.

Assassinator
07-20-2007, 12:15 PM
ya start a hip hop scene, But dont rap about the struggle or slinging crack

please

don't rap about struggle?..... what it's not original to rap about life anymore?

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-20-2007, 12:16 PM
don't rap about struggle?..... what it's not original to rap about life anymore?

im talking about slinging crack, Cops , etc. that whole 2pac shit,

DJMethods
07-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Throw a block party with a good DJ who knows good music, and has good freestyle beats and BREAKS.

Treazon
07-20-2007, 01:00 PM
its all about finding dedicated people... cops cant do shit after that cuz theres no laws against hip hop (yet).

Assassinator
07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
basically just get out there and do things with groups of people in the community, best way would be to use hip hop to do positive things so your community will start changing it's views about hip hop.