PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana- Bleach

9th Warrior
07-18-2007, 10:06 AM
I've been listening to this album a lot lately, and it's really great. Fairly heavy shit but moreover very catchy without being soft. Standout tracks are "Blew", "About A Girl", and "Negative Creep." I prefer this to a lot of other Nirvana shit, RIP Kurt.

hectis
07-18-2007, 11:51 AM
I've been listening to this album a lot lately, and it's really great. Fairly heavy shit but moreover very catchy without being soft. Standout tracks are "Blew", "About A Girl", and "Negative Creep." I prefer this to a lot of other Nirvana shit, RIP Kurt.

to bad kurt killed him self who knows what else they would have came out with

xHard to Earnx
07-18-2007, 01:04 PM
In Utero is the best. Incesticide isn't even an actual Nirvana record.

Bleach is okay at best.

Frontal Lobotomy
07-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Nirvana were never really that good, but Bleach was as good as it got.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Nirvana were, um, something special...they were the only grunge band, i would say

the blazed sage
07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I love the song where he repeats, "gimme back my alcohol, gimme back my alocohol, gimme back my alcohol."

Cobain was one of the greatest. RIP

living_undead
07-18-2007, 05:59 PM
this also has "School" on it. which is the cut. "NO RECESS"

I think this is the my least favorite of the 'proper' albums.
like the Melvins-influenced heaviness... but the songs are almost too simple.
you can tell how much Kurt grew as a musician/songwriter as time progressed.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-18-2007, 06:28 PM
but still - Kurt was minimalistic, which I like....small songs with big meanings, nah mean?

Olive Oil Goombah
07-18-2007, 09:38 PM
but still - Kurt was minimalistic, which I like....small songs with big meanings, nah mean?

Exactly...He was a great songwriter. People felt his music...His lyrics were both abstract and minimalistic at the same time so everyone could have their own interpretations.

Every Nirvana album is great, and eaach has a different feel to it. I can't choose a fav. cuz they all really have there own qualities that make them standout. Amazing what they did in the short amount of time they were around.

Does anyone has With the Lights OUt...the box set??? That shit is fuckin raw. Its Bleach continued. I love it.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-19-2007, 05:35 AM
I agree with u completly.....don't hate Nirvana people, they were making good music. Look at popular music nowadays ( emo for example *throwing up* emo music really makes u cut yourself...even if you're not emo )

xtaltha
08-03-2007, 05:50 PM
yeah, bleach is a killer debut album, and then nevermind just killed.

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP ODB

mashqauck
08-03-2007, 08:56 PM
kurt is a god and i love standing in front of his seattle home where i get ideas and then i slowly lay on the concrete to feel his footsteps

r.i.p. to the biggest legend ever

xHard to Earnx
08-04-2007, 12:57 PM
?

It's a rarities/b-sides/etc collection.

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2007, 09:29 PM
there most creatively free album....where they obviously had the most control...pretty good shit to me.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Nirvana's non radio stuff was so much better than their radio hits(which were also great)....thats what makes them so great. Its what makes any band or rapper great.