PDA

View Full Version : Big L is overrated

GENERAL WISE
07-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Sure dude can spit but his albums was boring.

TAURO
07-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Nah man, both albums was dope, plus the Premo RMX of Ebonics was sick, much better than the original. My only beef with Big L was that he was nearly always on that material shit, but damn!....I liked his style.

venex
07-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Nah man, both albums was dope, plus the Premo RMX of Ebonics was sick, much better than the original. My only beef with Big L was that he was nearly always on that material shit, but damn!....I liked his style.

true...

LODPAD was classic IMO.. but "the big picture" isn't that great like everyone says IMO...I don't think it's bad, but idk..i ain't feeling all tracks

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Big L ain't overrated....for just one album as he was alive, I'm happy he still gets recognized by the hip-hop fans

he would murk almost all mainstream 'artists' today

GhettoGnom
07-18-2007, 03:49 PM
LODPAD = classic

Big Picture = Good, not classic.. But that's posthumous, so I won't hold it against him..

He ain't overrated.

Memory Man
07-18-2007, 04:40 PM
big l is not overrated. his albums were messed with by columbia and rawkus, leaving some of his best stuff unreleased. check the freestyle history compilations for a better look at what he was all about.

TSA
07-18-2007, 04:46 PM
overrated till he fills you with so much lead, you can you can use you dick as a pencil

mofo
07-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Big L was dope. But I dunno bout ya'll man, but if Big L we're still alive i'm 95% sure he will be rollin with dipset or if not, with that Camel face Jay-Z, spittin over watered down mainstream beats. He would still have flow, but his beats would suck major ass.

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-18-2007, 05:46 PM
lol i cant believe this.

bigl overated ? lol that makes me laugh

TAURO
07-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Anyone have Big L THE ARCHIVES album?......it's dope, alot of unreleased joints along with some remixes of others.

wuswordz95
07-18-2007, 07:42 PM
big l isnt overrated, he is a fat ass

CharlesJones
07-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Free HeyZeus i should slap you for saying Big L is overrated. Dude was hardcore and his lyrics was awesome. It's a shame he was only able to put out one album because of his death. If he was still alive, i think he would've still been underground. Mofo i kinda agree with you but i think if he was alive, he would've kept his music underground. I don't think he was one of those rappers who was looking for mainstream success and fame. You could tell by the way he rhymed he loved rap music and he wasn't doing rap for the fame and success.

Chungsanity
07-19-2007, 12:08 AM
big l a fat ass wtf?

threadstarter should get stoned.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Big L is Overrated

hes dead, what do you expect?

and Lifestyles is a classic.

GENERAL WISE
07-19-2007, 12:21 AM
I ain't saying hes bad, just that he is overrated. Internet Stans need to hop off his dick and not get their feelings hurt when I say he is overrated.
Hate me now.

noel411
07-19-2007, 12:42 AM
I ain't saying hes bad, just that he is overrated. Internet Stans need to hop off his dick and not get their feelings hurt when I say he is overrated.
Hate me now.
Word. Hip hop fans are fucken ridiculous. You know how they get when you go against their borrowed "opinions". Don't let it bother you. Big L is quite possibly the most overrated mc of all time. Like I'll always say, I acknowledge and appreciate the large influence he had on a lot of artists who came after him, but he just wasn't that great an mc. He was good, certainly great at times, but overall nothing amazing. I actually think some of his verses were notably weak. I would say he's in the top 100 GOAT mc's, top 50 at best.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Hate me now.

Word. Hip hop fans are fucken ridiculous. You know how they get when you go against their borrowed "opinions". Don't let it bother you. Big L is quite possibly the most overrated mc of all time. Like I'll always say, I acknowledge and appreciate the large influence he had on a lot of artists who came after him, but he just wasn't that great an mc. He was good, certainly great at times, but overall nothing amazing. I actually think some of his verses were notably weak. I would say he's in the top 100 GOAT mc's, top 50 at best.

Are you nuts? I aint no Stan and I aint choosing my music by what other people tell me to listen to. What I do know is that only a handful of mcs flip words around like Big L.

Listen to Ebonics, Put It On, Casualties Of A Dice Game.....

I'd love to know who these 50+ mcs that are better are.

I recommend the Big L mixtapes. They can make a better listen than his albums.

Still, we all got our opinions, I aint gonna hate on anyone just cos theirs is wrong!

Memory Man
07-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Big L is quite possibly the most overrated mc of all time.

listen to this and tell me which mc is more overrated:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2757636b00f68a/

(for those who think jigga is coming off the top, he did this verse on tour with jaz. it's written.)

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
07-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Big L is overrated

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Given that Big L barely seems to be mentioned in most circles, and barely makes any greatest mcs lists, I reckon he's under rated.

I mean I saw this RIP mixtape the other day and it aint even got a single Big L track on it.

http://www.imixtape.com/product_info.php/info/p3087_Suge-White---Rhythm-And-Backshots-R-I-P-Edition.html/XTCsid/7f3a71941146730a2ecb42f8a6665d64

Check this tape out though to see how Big L more than holds his own when mixed with Pun and Biggie.

http://www.bitenova.nl/tt/yb58t

hide1998
07-19-2007, 10:57 AM
You should get your hip-hop pass revoked if you think Big L is overrated. Rule of thumb, just because YOU don't feel someone as much as the LEGIONS of other people doesn't make said person overrated. People always forget that. Furthermore, so many of the MCs that YOU think are ill could easily breakdown what was so much iller about Big L. Basically, if you don't "get" what was so tight about him, you are missing the point.

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
07-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Big L influenced lots of punchline rappers,bit when i listen to his shit i don't seem impressed

Only classic line i like from him was

"ask beavis i get nothing butthead"

THE W
07-19-2007, 12:13 PM
the problem with this thread is that the threadtarter comes off like he's making a factual statement. like its not an opinion, more like "big L is overrated, now prove me wrong".

if thats how you see it then that how you see it. just understand many people are gonna disagree with you and their OPINION is just as valid as your OPINION.

DJMethods
07-19-2007, 12:17 PM
their OPINION is just as valid as your OPINION.

Unless you're Chiba-Smoker

THE W
07-19-2007, 12:20 PM
chiba has the same problem in that he thinks his opinions are fact.

DJMethods
07-19-2007, 12:22 PM
To list one of many

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-19-2007, 12:49 PM
chiba has the same problem in that he thinks his opinions are fact.

That and the fact that he's clearly been dropped on his head as a child. Kid needs to get out the closet and maybe he'd chill out a bit.

GhettoGnom
07-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Big L influenced lots of punchline rappers,bit when i listen to his shit i don't seem impressed

no....

won't hit a girl well I ain't real cause I beat bitches up

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
This thread's surprising, cos I never met a hip-hop head that didn't love him.

R.I.P. Lamont Coleman aka Big L

WeMadeIt
07-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I can kind of agree with the original poster. Big L's great and a fantastic MC, but I think some of his appeal came from his death. Lifestyle of the Poor and the Dangerous was great but it didn't blow me away.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-19-2007, 01:22 PM
I can kind of agree with the original poster. Big L's great and a fantastic MC, but I think some of his appeal came from his death. Lifestyle of the Poor and the Dangerous was great but it didn't blow me away.

He's an mc I rate on his obvious skill, rather than his albums (don't get me wrong, they're still dope). You listen to his best tracks and radio freestyles and hear genius. Given another 10 years in the game he'd have released numerous classics.

It's like how we all know Biggie was amazing even though he only got one amazing album, one messy album and then a progressively worsening bunch of post-death insults. It's how good Biggie got on those great tracks that makes you take note. Same is true of Big L.

L~>1<~NKS
07-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Big L iz UNDERATED.

I don't even here hiz shit on the radio anymore - not even underground stations.

Dr Sleepwalker
07-19-2007, 04:39 PM
i think he's aite.. never considered him close to bein' the best.. in the middle somewher... wit B.I.G, DMX, Busta Rhymes, .. and the rest of them average/decent rappers

youngdeck01
07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Lifestyle was a great album, not one shit track on it...his second is tight just dont shine like his first...regardless of where u put L, hes up there...atleast top 10

noel411
07-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Listen to Ebonics, Put It On, Casualties Of A Dice Game.....

I'd love to know who these 50+ mcs that are better are.
Like I said, he was great at times. So listing a few tracks is useless. Consistency is probably the most important factor for me when considering an mc's worth.

And I made a list of about 45 or so mc's who I think are better than Big L in a review thread for one of his albums, on here. And just because I only named 45 it doesn't mean he would be next on the list after them. That's why I said top 50 at best.
listen to this and tell me which mc is more overrated:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2757636b00f68a/

(for those who think jigga is coming off the top, he did this verse on tour with jaz. it's written.)
I didn't listen to it, but I think Jay is overrated too. I don't even listen to him though. I'm not into him. I actually like Big L and have a lot of his stuff, but I still think he's grossly overated.
Given that Big L barely seems to be mentioned in most circles, and barely makes any greatest mcs lists, I reckon he's under rated.
Well as far as forums like this one go, he's overated.
You should get your hip-hop pass revoked if you think Big L is overrated. Rule of thumb, just because YOU don't feel someone as much as the LEGIONS of other people doesn't make said person overrated.
It’s only an opinion, just like those “legions” of other people’s thoughts on him are only opinions. “Legions” of people also think Britney Spears makes great music.

bloodyhookz
07-19-2007, 06:32 PM
whoever said Big L is overrated don't know what they talkin' about!!!

TAURO
07-19-2007, 06:43 PM
It's all good Noel, you're a straight up cat on these boards so I respect your opinion. I mean I would rate other legends over Big L, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's overrated, if anything he's very underrated. I rarely hear him get mentioned in general rap circles. I know this because everytime I watch certain programmes on hip hop or im just talking about it with other heads I sometimes think to myself that they are forgetting him.

I see what you are saying though, and like you said, you don't dislike him in anyway (although I think certain people here are not reading your posts properly) It's all good though, we all have our tastes and our difference of opinion is what to me makes interesting debates. I just wish some people wouldn't take it so personal.

GreenPoop!
07-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Daaaaa Graveyard!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-19-2007, 07:12 PM
follow these instructions:

#1. Listen to Harlem's Finest A Freestyle History Vol. 1 & 2

#2. Shut the fuck up.

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-19-2007, 07:15 PM
australia

Guarded By Martyrs
07-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Of all the tracks I've heard Big L was one of the best.
ave'nt properly checked all of his albumsbut the one I heard was a Banga!

Memory Man
07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
follow these instructions:

#1. Listen to Harlem's Finest A Freestyle History Vol. 1 & 2

#2. Shut the fuck up.

co-sign

maestro wooz
07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
big l is ill as fuck, but personally im more of a lord finesse guy. I dont know how he can be overrated when hes hardly rated. I dont see anyone listing him as the goat or anything near that. Dude was shallow, but he could spit his fucking ass off.

Memory Man
07-19-2007, 10:11 PM
i don't think he was that shallow. ever heard "how will i make it?" btw i love finesse too.

11th Chamber
07-19-2007, 10:27 PM
I wouldent say he is "overated", but I dont think he was around long enough to be considered the greatest or in the Top 5 ever.

Bg_Knocc_Out
07-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Big L is the punchline king
<i>
"I'm so ahead of my time, my parents haven't even met yet" </i>

Longbongcilvaringz
07-19-2007, 10:50 PM

come on, if you just think about "Lifestyles". L had a good flow, with decent punchlines over overall high calibre beats. addding the that the success and influence of the album, its not hard to consider it a classic.

now, he had 1 album while the was alive, which was a hip hop classic, so of course hes going to be ranked highly by hip hop fans.

being a really good lyricist doesnt necessarily make a great album, L's rhymes are perfect for the theme and beats on "Lifestyles"

oh yeah, and since where talking about it, Biggie is/was 100 times more over rated than Big L. why dont you start a thread about that wise? because i know abo0ut 85% of hip hop fans blatantly accept that big is top 10 even though he only ever had one good album.

basically when hip hop personalities die, they get huge recognition for some reason (with the exception of proof maybe). take dilla for example (i rate him highly) but before he died no one was talking about him at all, now hes regularly in top 10 producer lists of all time.

its not always a bad thing the recognition, but most dead artists in hip hop are over rated.

BRONZBODY
07-19-2007, 11:10 PM
wow...l is ill but it is opinions so i respect that

maestro wooz
07-20-2007, 12:21 AM
i don't think he was that shallow. ever heard "how will i make it?" btw i love finesse too.

one song does not a career make. Not saying he lacked depth 100% of the time, but compared to guys like wutang, sunz of man, jeru, etc.. he doesnt even begin to compare. Im not hating though, i dont mind that shit as long as you can flip it with style and keep it hip, just an observation.

GENERAL WISE
07-20-2007, 01:22 AM
come on, if you just think about "Lifestyles". L had a good flow, with decent punchlines over overall high calibre beats. addding the that the success and influence of the album, its not hard to consider it a classic.

now, he had 1 album while the was alive, which was a hip hop classic, so of course hes going to be ranked highly by hip hop fans.

being a really good lyricist doesnt necessarily make a great album, L's rhymes are perfect for the theme and beats on "Lifestyles"

oh yeah, and since where talking about it, Biggie is/was 100 times more over rated than Big L. why dont you start a thread about that wise? because i know abo0ut 85% of hip hop fans blatantly accept that big is top 10 even though he only ever had one good album.

basically when hip hop personalities die, they get huge recognition for some reason (with the exception of proof maybe). take dilla for example (i rate him highly) but before he died no one was talking about him at all, now hes regularly in top 10 producer lists of all time.

its not always a bad thing the recognition, but most dead artists in hip hop are over rated.

Biggie is overrated. Big L is also overrated. The fact that so many get angry at anything other than praise for a dead rapper is ridiculous. If Ras Kass died after making Soul on Ice, people would consider him much better than he actually is. I am not knocking Big L, he is above good on many occasions, but hes not GOD which many Hip Hop heads make him out to be.

Chungsanity
07-20-2007, 01:37 AM
how the fuck this get past 1 page? it shouldve been threadstarter post and instant delete thread. just look at his wordplay, punchlines, delivery, flow, stories. he was the perfect mc that possessed every aspect of the essence of rapping. his catalogue shouldnt be a factor at all. it's solely his skills as a mc, and he's top 5 for sure if not top 10. if you wanna say he only had 1 album, then check his freestyle history, archives 96-00, mixtapes, cotc collection, ditc and stfu.

btw, fuck your stupid font.

GENERAL WISE
07-20-2007, 01:44 AM
how the fuck this get past 1 page? it shouldve been threadstarter post and instant delete thread

...and thats why Big L is overrated. People's feelings get hurt as if it were their moms i was putting down.

Chungsanity
07-20-2007, 01:49 AM
where does L being overrated and people's feelings intertwine you stupid fuck. LOL @ big l overrated my goodness. you're entitled to your opinion but then again, it's not a respectable opinion. big difference.

noel411
07-20-2007, 01:52 AM
if anything he's very underrated. I rarely hear him get mentioned in general rap circles. I know this because everytime I watch certain programmes on hip hop or im just talking about it with other heads I sometimes think to myself that they are forgetting him
Word. This is pretty much the only hip hop forum I frequent, and I never read or watch anything about hip hop, so I’m pretty much just saying he’s overrated on this forum.
I see what you are saying though, and like you said, you don't dislike him in anyway (although I think certain people here are not reading your posts properly)
Most people here make no effort to interpret other people’s posts properly. Even after you’ve explained yourself 5 times to some people here, they’ll still just interpret what you’ve said however best suits them.

I never said anything about that album. I really like it. I don’t think it’s a classic, but if people do then so be it. I like the one that dropped after his death too. Doesn’t mean he’s an exceptional mc. Like you said, “good flow, decent punchlines”…Is that how you’d describe a top 10 mc? I said possibly top 50. People under-estimate the value of such a position. To be top 50 you’ve gotta be pretty damn good. That’s why I’m not sure if I even would rank him that high.

I wholeheartedly agree. Especially with Dilla. I literally never saw anybody mention him before he died, and since he died he’s pretty much a God, and every beat he has on an album is a huge stand out, whereas most people wouldn’t have even noticed his name in the credits before he died.

No disrespect to him. I think he’s a tight producer and mc, and I thought the same before he died. But there’s no denying the huge effect his death has had on his popularity and status. And I think that is also a large contributing factor to why Big L is so overrated.

Come Honor Face
07-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Free Heyzeus's mother is overrated!

Chungsanity
07-20-2007, 01:57 AM
^lol so how the hell do you die without becoming overrated?

wuswordz95
07-20-2007, 02:02 AM
big l is he big pun?

Chungsanity
07-20-2007, 02:04 AM
lol nah b. big l was a slim fuck. pun was a fat fuck.

Come Honor Face
07-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Correction big L was normal sized.
Big Pun was an incredible fat monstrocity!

Longbongcilvaringz
07-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Biggie is overrated. Big L is also overrated. The fact that so many get angry at anything other than praise for a dead rapper is ridiculous. If Ras Kass died after making Soul on Ice, people would consider him much better than he actually is. I am not knocking Big L, he is above good on many occasions, but hes not GOD which many Hip Hop heads make him out to be.
yeah i wouldnt have him in my top 10, but he was only able to put out 1 album while alive, and it was really good over all. thats why people rate him so highly.

I never said anything about that album. I really like it. I don’t think it’s a classic, but if people do then so be it. I like the one that dropped after his death too. Doesn’t mean he’s an exceptional mc. Like you said, “good flow, decent punchlines”…Is that how you’d describe a top 10 mc? I said possibly top 50. People under-estimate the value of such a position. To be top 50 you’ve gotta be pretty damn good. That’s why I’m not sure if I even would rank him that high.

i dont personally rate him in my top ten, as i said above. but i can understand why he is rated so highly. if your into punchline mc's he was one of the better ones, and his flow on beat is dope. he made that album what it is.

as i said, i dont personally value flow and punches over other facets of mc'ing but it is understandable that people who rate mc's on this basis have him in their top 10.

I wholeheartedly agree. Especially with Dilla. I literally never saw anybody mention him before he died, and since he died he’s pretty much a God, and every beat he has on an album is a huge stand out, whereas most people wouldn’t have even noticed his name in the credits before he died.

yep, all these dilla shirts appearing etc, its become fashionable to say that dilla is an amazing producer. not that im saying he isnt, but its just the thing to say right now...

No disrespect to him. I think he’s a tight producer and mc, and I thought the same before he died. But there’s no denying the huge effect his death has had on his popularity and status. And I think that is also a large contributing factor to why Big L is so overrated.

i guess when someone in hip hop dies it just draws attention to them, and people who havent been exposed to them before are surprised or something and declare them the greatest

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-20-2007, 04:20 AM
Obviouslly anyone who dies at the top of their game is gonna get a lot more exposure after they die. Dilla deserves the recognition he gets, just like you said it often takes the exposure of his death for some people to hear.

As for t-shirts and stuff, a lot of people would buy a t-shirt like that as a tribute where they wouldn't wanna wear a t-shirt of a living artist. It's like putting a picture up on the wall of a deceased family member where you might not have had one before.

Fact is, lots of mcs and prodcuers have died but they haven't all become legendary, so it aint just down to being dead, but being bloody good at what they did.

Sadly Poetic (aka Grym Reaper) never seemed to get any post death recognition and damn he deserves it.

GENERAL WISE
07-20-2007, 04:24 AM
where does L being overrated and people's feelings intertwine you stupid fuck. LOL @ big l overrated my goodness. you're entitled to your opinion but then again, it's not a respectable opinion. big difference.

You being so butt hurt about an artist = a groupie crying during an Nsync concert.

Its embarrassing how emotionally attached to an artist you niggaz are.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-20-2007, 04:29 AM
Obviouslly anyone who dies at the top of their game is gonna get a lot more exposure after they die. Dilla deserves the recognition he gets, just like you said it often takes the exposure of his death for some people to hear.

As for t-shirts and stuff, a lot of people would buy a t-shirt like that as a tribute where they wouldn't wanna wear a t-shirt of a living artist. It's like putting a picture up on the wall of a deceased family member where you might not have had one before.

Fact is, lots of mcs and prodcuers have died but they haven't all become legendary, so it aint just down to being dead, but being bloody good at what they did.

Sadly Poetic (aka Grym Reaper) never seemed to get any post death recognition and damn he deserves it.

all good points, its not really a bad thing dilla gets recognition, in fact its good. but its like he didnt exist before he died.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-20-2007, 04:53 AM
all good points, its not really a bad thing dilla gets recognition, in fact its good. but its like he didnt exist before he died.

Death brings free publicity, it really is that simple.

When Kurt Cobain decided to end it all, all the Nirvana albums re-entered the charts!

So, if you wanna move more units death is the way to go (highly recommended to G-Unit members)...

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-20-2007, 04:57 AM

Let's not even start on Biggie being overrated. I aint getting angry, and I'm not influenced by who's alive or dead. Simple fact is, no-one in hip-hop has ever had the charisma and personality of Biggie. That combined with an unfaultable flow and great sense of humour, and the guy deserves his props. Take any wack Biggie track (like most of the shit Puffy keeps releasing), remove the cheesy beat and put Biggie over a banger and you got a great track. Big was never off point, just ended up on some dodgy tracks.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-20-2007, 05:02 AM
ive just never really liked him particularly, i mean obviously i think hes good, just not great. "Ready To Die" is a classic album in hip hop terms, but as far as quality goes it doesnt feature highly on any list of mine.

its all good, i understand why people like him, hes a natural mc.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-20-2007, 05:13 AM
I understand why people like him, hes a natural mc.

That's exactly it, some people just sound like they were born to rap and do nothing else. I normally prefer mcs who rap knowledge like GZA, but can't help but love Biggie and L cos they're just natural mcs. Meth is kinda the same way really. Not usually blown away by Meth's lyrical content, but he flows and sounds so suited to hip-hop that ya have to love him.

THE W
07-20-2007, 10:43 AM
its unfortunate that the work of talented artists does not get recognized until after their passing. you never know what you got until its gone is the saying.

another thing about these situations is that these artists are forzen in time. they dont go through the the normal progression of artists who come in the game, reach their peak, then taper off over time. they pass when they're at their artistic zenith and thats what people have to go on.

being dead isnt gonna get you any love. there's no meaning in dying. nobody is singing the praises of freaky tah from the lost boys(rest his soul). its about the celebration of the impact of the life that has passed.

buckshotstheone
07-22-2007, 11:48 AM
people that hate on big l are just jealous

Prolifical ENG
07-22-2007, 12:18 PM
...and thats why Big L is overrated. People's feelings get hurt as if it were their moms i was putting down.

Unpopular opinions without proper explanation will always get replies...it's practically a troll post. There is not one feeling hurt.

But I congratulate the people that mentioned points in general about an MC dying in his prime and how they are frozen it time.

P.S. The original Heyzeus account is overrated.

whitey
07-22-2007, 02:55 PM
What it comes down to.......BIG L > FreeHeyZeus

Paranoid
07-22-2007, 03:13 PM

just by saying what you just said proves you know dick about Big L...

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-22-2007, 03:29 PM
"I need surgery to get chicks removed from my dick"

"U cant kill me I was born dead"

Dante
07-22-2007, 09:46 PM
I strongy disagree

GENERAL WISE
10-19-2007, 08:37 PM
P.S. The original Heyzeus account is overrated.

Original HeyZeus account has more classics (many of which are platinum) than your account Prolific

What it comes down to.......BIG L > FreeHeyZeus

You mad?

12weLvE
10-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I agree he really is...i own both albums and they really dont give me that O.B.4.C.L feeling. But, this not mean that he is wack.

GENERAL WISE
10-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Re-Up on Prolific saying HeyZeus is overrated (I know he wanted to make a point).

Prolific ENG's catalog (dude is a mod + has been on here for longer than HeyZeus)

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/search.php?searchid=292287

~ 1.85 thousand posts.

HeyZeus' Catalog (Legend)
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/search.php?searchid=292288

~ 4.07 thousand posts.

not even a contest.

Crack Killz
10-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Big L was doing his thing for at least 8 years in the rap game, and to me never made one whack track.. ever..

Listen to all of them, you can bump every track he's ever done from beginning to end. Real bookz.

you can't do that with every artist that put out 8 years worth of tracks.

HHC.com Interview with DJ Premier:

HHC: I'd listened to an interview with Swizz Beats where he commented that he didn't want to be "the best rapper"; he was just "doing his thing". I feel like there's an epidemic of guys just "doing their thing". Do you feel like there's a shortage of people who still want to be the best?

I think there are a lot of dudes who want to be the best. I'm not saying that they are, but they're going for that. Lil’ Wayne stepped up his rhyme game no doubt but I still couldn't believe when he said what he said about Jigga. I know he apologized for what he said and everything, but to think that he could step to the lyrics and business sense and just plain hustle of a Jay-Z... I just feel like if dudes like Pac, Biggie, and Pun... and Big L... ooooh… especially Big L, were around, these guys would have a serious problem. But there are guys like Royce who's still got that in him… that will to be the best.

Whole interview: http://www.hiphopcanada.com/_site/entertai.../ent_int406.php

whitey
10-20-2007, 09:15 PM
You mad?

violently agitated.

Prolifical ENG
10-20-2007, 10:10 PM
you brought up your ancient thread (which is a troll thread...far from classic BTW) to try and compare yourself to the prolific one?

please nephew....i never remember the last time one of your so called classics or however many of your K posts had the slightest bit of insight. My insight put me on the map in this bitch way before your arrival.

Keep postin those polls nephew...but this old thread is through.