PDA

View Full Version : Naughty By Nature

CharlesJones
07-18-2007, 07:13 PM
I wish they hadn't disappeared. I guess Icons will be their last album because i don't think they'll be making anymore albums. Treach has been doing movies for awhile. I don't know what Vinnie is doing and Kaygee is still producing music for other artists. Last interview i read about them in The Source magazine which was 8 years ago, Treach said he was gonna do a solo album but i guess that won't be happening. By the way, Icons album sucked bad. The beats were terrible on that album and they had a few wack guest appearances like 3LW, Pink, Peter Gabriel. Naughty was hard back in the day though. I got their first album in my car right now. Their 2nd album 19 Naughty III is hard too and i love their Feel Me Flow song. Props to Treach for his 2Pac tribute song Mourn You Till I Join You. I know him and 2Pac were friends.

tragedykhadafi12
07-18-2007, 07:52 PM
i thought I heard they were working on something, plus treach is going to be in sticky fingaz rap movie. They definitely need to come back they were a hot group.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-18-2007, 08:45 PM
I think there time in the sun is over. They did put out some classics tho during hip hops golden age. Timeless classics too, you can still bump to them now.

9th Warrior
07-18-2007, 08:47 PM
i was about to make a thread about NBN, they're fucking good i grew up on their singles tapes. Their first three albums are straight classics, great fucking group.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-19-2007, 04:29 AM
they had perfect hip hop anthems....

Hip-Hop Hooray, Feel Me Flow, O.P.P. .... great tracks, good group

noel411
07-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Their first 3 albums were tight. Treach is heavily neglected as a stand out mc. I couldn't get into their last 2 albums though.

Sindrom
07-19-2007, 06:02 AM
Yeah man Tranch can FLOW.

Edgar Erebus
07-19-2007, 07:17 AM
They were one of rare rap groups that could achieve large pop success and still remain real.

Treach is a fucking dope rapper, and Kay Gee a fucking dope producer. But I guess they ain't in for kids like me no more...

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-19-2007, 07:46 AM
They were one of rare rap groups that could achieve large pop success and still remain real.

Treach is a fucking dope rapper, and Kay Gee a fucking dope producer. But I guess they ain't in for kids like me no more...

They kinda sum up the problem with rap today. Back in the ninties, Naughty were the group with cross over appeal making anthems that pop and hip-hop fans liked (You down with MTV, yeah you know me). Now the only cross over groups are just plain shit and no serious hip-hop head wants anything to do with them.

buckshotstheone
07-20-2007, 12:57 PM
first 3 albums are classics, uptown anthem is a true gem. i was heavily into hip hop before them but i think hearing OPP for the first time (and subsequently their first album) engraved my status as a hip hop fanatic for life

check two
07-20-2007, 01:04 PM
I thought they were still together, but that the producer left the group a few years back? Or is he back with the group again? I forget.

CharlesJones
07-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Kaygee did leave the group after their Nature's Fury album. Vinnie and Treach did Icons album without him and the production sucked. If Kaygee would've done some production on that album, it would've been better than what it was. Treach dissed Kaygee on Redman's Real Niggas song on Redman's Malpractice album. Kaygee reunited with the group a few years ago when they did a concert at BB King's club in New York and there was talk of them doing another album but i don't think it's gonna happen.

Dragondude_R
07-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I do want a Treach solo.

And I agree the last album was pretty bad, but it had a couple joints on it.

RING THE ALARM! JERSEY BRING THE BITCH OUT YOU BASTARDS! EYYYOOOAAYYY!