PDA

View Full Version : Talib Kweli

Dr Sleepwalker
07-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Yo.. jus wana bring this man up... dude works really hard and spits substance on every track... been peepin' him since he stepped in the rap game, love his shyt... anyone else like him?.. what ya'll thoughts?.. any news or track linx fer his new album?..

He's ill.. so if you dont kno., than get fimilar..

Brooklyn stand up!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
yeah kweli is dope i've always love allot of his work and have been up on him he's a got a new joint dropping end of the month

Spectrum7glr
07-19-2007, 09:56 PM
pushed back to august i think

Chungsanity
07-20-2007, 01:08 AM
i honestly think he's the best mc of the 21st century thus far

hide1998
07-20-2007, 02:33 AM
He's been in my top 3 favorite MCs for many years now. I don't see that ever changing either.

Visionz
07-20-2007, 02:37 AM
Been a big fan of his since the Blackstar album. Going to his show here on the 8th, its gonna be fuckin live.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-20-2007, 03:33 AM
ive also been a fan for some time now.

got to say, that i think "Quality" is possibly his best effort lyrically, seems to be over looked alot though.

so many tracks from that were my favourites for whatever year it came out (2000/2001?)

i havent listened to him recently though, i heard some stuff from his recent mix tape and it seemed like he was trying to cram to many words into each bar.

i'll still check out his work though.

Sean
07-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I've only got BlackStar and Reflection Eternal but they are both classics, Talib Kweli is ill. I'm definitely gonna pick up Eardrum, the songs I've heard so far are sick.

TAURO
07-20-2007, 10:21 AM
I think he is a decent mc but to be honest he never did much for me. I own a couple of his albums including Blackstar but I for the most part find him very un-inspiring, I always prefered mighty mos over talib.

WuGambino
07-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I really like Kweli and I'm gonna pick up Eardrum when it drops but I gotta agree with Tauro in that Mos Dwef is far iller.

Dragondude_R
07-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, Mos Def is better, but that's not to undermine Kweli. I used to be on a kind of backpacker mentality where he was one of the greatest, but looking back in retrospect, he's not great, just damn good. Probably top 30.

Train of Thought and BlackStar are classic material.

DJMethods
07-20-2007, 11:14 AM
He's cool.. but I find he struggles sometimes when he's not doing a colabo with a producer or another MC. Train of Thought and Blackstar are straight classics, but I don't think he's dropped a solo thats classic. Definately dope though.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah Talib's dope. Missed him in London with Jean Grae the other day - fuckin annoying.

The Liberation EP with Madlib was nice.

Is it just me, or did Kanye kinda bite Talib somewhat style wise when he started rapping (but not reach anything like the same heights)?

buckshotstheone
07-20-2007, 01:01 PM
one of the only true MC's left in the game. never disappoints, always makes you think, and can rip a mic up no matter what the beat, flow, or lyrics. he will go down as a legend

buckshotstheone
07-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I've only got BlackStar and Reflection Eternal but they are both classics, Talib Kweli is ill. I'm definitely gonna pick up Eardrum, the songs I've heard so far are sick.

fuck eardrum (it is tight though) but you need Quality. that album is a straight up classic. easily his best (solo) record. shit is absolutely stunning

Billy Danzenie
07-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Quality was great

Visionz
07-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Quality is kinda slept on but that was a great Cd, went a different direction from Train of Thought but was definetly focused and ill as fuck, alot of stand-out tracks on that one

Thought that beat for Gun Music was fuckin sick

buckshotstheone
07-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Quality is kinda slept on but that was a great Cd, went a different direction from Train of Thought but was definetly focused and ill as fuck, alot of stand-out tracks on that one

Thought that beat for Gun Music was fuckin sick

i slept for so long on Quality. i had mad people telling me it was incredible and i was like "yeah sure whatever'. then i got blunted one night and started it from the beginning and holy shit i was floored. FEEL THE RUSH FEEL THE RUSH. then that kanye joint Good To You, there's a fucking gem right there