PDA

View Full Version : Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?...Why

dns
06-11-2005, 10:13 AM
No disrespect to Johnny Deep or Tim Burton, why would they sign on to ruin the greatest movie of all time (imho). This newer version of the classic Willy Wonka's Chocalote Factory looks so dark and demented. I guess that's Burton twist to it. The original one was a lighthearted, fun, fantasy world teaching you honesty is the right policy. Even, Gene Wilder's upset about this remake.

Ronin
06-11-2005, 10:18 AM
y? because american cinema is SHIT and they like taking english ideas and americanising them

war of the worlds, an american saving the world! out this month too..if they made films on reality, maybe theyd show the americans as the enemy

all the ww2 movies are funny because they make out they win the war single handedly

dns
06-11-2005, 11:29 AM
because american cinema is SHIT and they like taking english ideas and americanising them

As an American I cosign your exact sentiments. I have the Killer on DVD, and the way they rip off that movie is crazy.

Skellington
06-11-2005, 01:02 PM
y? because american cinema is SHIT and they like taking english ideas and americanising them

war of the worlds, an american saving the world! out this month too..if they made films on reality, maybe theyd show the americans as the enemy

all the ww2 movies are funny because they make out they win the war single handedly
You're right man, well said.

I do think that the American movie industry rips alot of good movies. Like for instance the asia mania movies. The ring,The Grudge,Dark Water etc.....good movies,ofcourse, but they can't type the Asian cinema.
Now America is gonna re-make the Belgion blockbuster "De Zaak Alzheimer" aswell....What, did they run out of ideas or sumthin'? I mean c'mon, be original, get y'r own shit.
What's next? A re-make of "Seven Samuraļ"???????????????????

Shitao
06-11-2005, 01:26 PM
What's next? A re-make of "Seven Samuraļ"???????????????????
Already did. "The magnificent seven" in 1960. :)

Skellington
06-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Ah right....LOL but I don't realy count that as a Samuraļ movie ;)

Shitao
06-11-2005, 01:29 PM
And I'm totaly agree with you about "Charlie and the Chocolate factory". But a Burton/Depp collabo is very exciting. "Edward..." and "Ed Wood" are fucking classics. "Sleepy Hollow" an ok movie.
But I'm with you dns ;)

Ronin
06-11-2005, 06:29 PM
gene wilder>johny depp

gene is a legend, hear no evil see no evil....motherrfuckers

EDIT: some more akira kurasawa ideas remade in hollywood

yojimbo - fistfull of dollars

hidden fortress - star wars

:list:

Shitao
06-11-2005, 06:51 PM
EDIT: some more akira kurasawa ideas remade in hollywood

yojimbo - fistfull of dollars

hidden fortress - star wars

:list:
Sure. Kuro was THE man. Crazy filmography!!!!!!!!

Definitive X
06-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Only cat I know who can work with Mel Brooks, Zero Mostel, AND Richard Pryor...

dns
06-11-2005, 07:12 PM
I know Burton/Deep is a great combo. But you don't remake Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Classics should be left alone. If you're going to remake a movie, remake the shitty ones.

MefMan36
06-11-2005, 10:54 PM
The original was kind of dark in a way, like when theyre going thru the tunnel and shit

s_ivy
06-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I know Burton/Deep is a great combo. But you don't remake Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Classics should be left alone. If you're going to remake a movie, remake the shitty ones.
|)

Shitao
06-12-2005, 06:15 AM
You're....RIGHT ;)

dns
06-12-2005, 06:42 PM
The original was kind of dark in a way, like when theyre going thru the tunnel and shitYeah that was kind of freaky, but it was all good, once they came out on the other side of the chocolate tunnel...Dam I wish that place was real.

MefMan36
06-12-2005, 08:27 PM
I used to be really fat when I was younger so I would just dream about the place.

netscape check two
06-13-2005, 12:43 AM
The dude that falls into the chocolate reminds me of Ronin.

Ronin
06-13-2005, 06:43 AM
LOL

"aaaaah muzzer, help me...."

the tube bits dope, that swine german should lay off the hooberglazen or whatever u call german food

akira kurosawa
06-13-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm glad this remake went ahead. Depp and Burton can do no wrong. The original was great sure. This remake wont damage that at all.

dooboy
06-13-2005, 06:30 PM
usually i would say the same not to remake classic films. However Roald Dahl, who wrote the book apprantly hated the orignal film! I read it in some magazine

On that note if tim burton can make it nearer what the author envisioned i say good luck!

TUCO
06-13-2005, 08:38 PM
I used to be really fat when I was younger so I would just dream about the place.

hahaha same here yo
i used to dream bout the gummie walls an shit yo
and the giant candy canes, lol

but i thought this was the continuation to the original when i first heard of it (which was well over 2-3 years ago) since its named Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (since Charlie inherits the factory at the end of the original film)
guess i was wrong....wouldve been an interesting film though

peace

ARCHRIVAL
06-13-2005, 09:14 PM
i like when remakes are made, because they give me a new insight on the flick, and ups my appreciation. when watching a shitty remake, i cant help but think "wow, im so happy this isnt the original. matter of fact, ima watch the original right now!"

also, i enjoy when foreign films are remade because i get so irritated when im reading subtitles. the remakes also let me understand the plot, so i know if i would like to see the original. for example, i really wanna see the japanese versions of the ring and the grudge...

by the way, the american remake of the grudge is such shit. other than honey, i dont think ive seen a worse movie.

100pr00f
06-13-2005, 11:03 PM
its going to be a weird movie..i might check it out