PDA

View Full Version : Curtis sues over "Shoot the rapper" internet ad... what a whiney bitch

HarlemDiplomat
07-21-2007, 04:29 PM
50 Cent filed a lawsuit against an internet advertising firm, seeking at least $1 million dollars in damages over an infamous ad that appeared on various Internet sites titled "shoot the rapper."

The rapper is suing Traffix Inc., the company that created an infamous advertisement featuring a caricature of 50 Cent smiling that offered fans the chance to click their mouses and "shoot the rapper."

If the user succeed in shooting the rapper, the prize was "$5,000 or 5 ringtones guaranteed."

50 Cent's lawyer Peter Raymond told the Associated Press that 50 Cent is suing because he was a victim of gun violence.

They also used his named and likeness without permission, implying that he endorsed the "game."

"For all those reasons, he is personally offended," Raymond said.

The advertisements started to appeared on Myspace.com's member pages shortly after the Virginia Tech shootings, including some of the victims pages.

Media watchdog groups were outraged at the ads.

"Imagine the outcry if Fox Television ran a 60-second spot that said, 'Shoot the American Idol star -- on our Web site -- and win $5,000.' This is no different," said Peter Zollman of Poynter.org.
http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/07/21/18291641.aspx

Koolish
07-21-2007, 04:48 PM
the last quote there does have a point though. just because the company isn't big named doesn't mean they're still human beings who have to adhere to certain moralistic standards.

at the same time, HOW MUCH MORE MONEY DO YOU NEED 50 CENT? greed flows through this guy. don't SUE them, at the worst just tell them never to put it up again (i don't know if the ad still exists or not, if it doesn't then he really is being a bitch about this). i doubt having people shoot you in an advertisement game is worth $1 000 000 of emotional pain.

Wu-Tality
07-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, it's America and to be honest 50 is kinda right here.

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
07-21-2007, 05:48 PM
money hungry bastard. like 400,000,000 wasn't enuff!

rubyspirit
07-21-2007, 07:05 PM
"I Get Money" ... seriously, the ad was WRONG in several ways. Get 'em 50!

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-21-2007, 07:45 PM
^^

hahaha

get em 50!

Paranoid
07-21-2007, 08:09 PM
i'd like to shoot the rapper

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-21-2007, 08:22 PM
GET EM 50 GET EM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarlemDiplomat
07-21-2007, 11:02 PM
money hungry bastard. like 400,000,000 wasn't enuff!

co-sign.

I mean, if anything he should be flattered that they would use his image to represent.

I mean damn, why didn't he just sue all the people that dissed him if hes that ass tight over a fuckin internet ad.

The Hound
07-21-2007, 11:22 PM
co-sign.

I mean, if anything he should be flattered that they would use his image to represent.

I mean damn, why didn't he just sue all the people that dissed him if hes that ass tight over a fuckin internet ad.
are you being serious here? we're talking about defimation here. a tight arse over an internet ad, hardly. its one thing someone talkin smack in lyrics on record it's another being defamed by a corporation on an advertisement, do you see a difference?

HarlemDiplomat
07-21-2007, 11:28 PM
are you being serious here? we're talking about defimation here. a tight arse over an internet ad, hardly. its one thing someone talkin smack in lyrics on record it's another being defamed by a corporation on an advertisement, do you see a difference?

50 Cent's lawyer Peter Raymond told the Associated Press that 50 Cent is suing because he was a victim of gun violence.

Okay, so hes pissy because he was shot and now theres an ad saying shoot the rapper? He wasn't tryna sue Ja Rule for saying "50 you can get shot again" or Game saying "nigga ran up on your shit and let off nine, you aint die cause you only got shot 3 times".

Then you had it in his fuckin movie! In his music videos. His Get Rich album cover was him behind a shot window. Its his gimmik!

No excuse for this

11th Chamber
07-22-2007, 12:51 AM
"I Get Money" ... seriously, the ad was WRONG in several ways. Get 'em 50!

co-sign

RynMur
07-22-2007, 02:24 PM
That ad wasn't bad, he only talks about getting shot as many times as he possibly can. Fuck him.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-22-2007, 02:39 PM
the last quote there does have a point though. just because the company isn't big named doesn't mean they're still human beings who have to adhere to certain moralistic standards.

at the same time, HOW MUCH MORE MONEY DO YOU NEED 50 CENT? greed flows through this guy. don't SUE them, at the worst just tell them never to put it up again (i don't know if the ad still exists or not, if it doesn't then he really is being a bitch about this). i doubt having people shoot you in an advertisement game is worth $1 000 000 of emotional pain.

Well, 50 needs that mil, he spendin mil and mils, muhfuckah needs more money for that crack...

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-22-2007, 02:42 PM
now seriously, I dont know news about Curtis, is he droppin a new album soon, cuz i think he just wants publicity to sell good...

iammzac
07-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Didn't 50 Cent have a videogame called Bulletproof where he walks around and kills people with guns?

HarlemDiplomat
07-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Didn't 50 Cent have a videogame called Bulletproof where he walks around and kills people with guns?

Thats my point!

Like I said before:

Okay, so hes pissy because he was shot and now theres an ad saying shoot the rapper? He wasn't tryna sue Ja Rule for saying "50 you can get shot again" or Game saying "nigga ran up on your shit and let off nine, you aint die cause you only got shot 3 times".

Then you had it in his fuckin movie! In his music videos. His Get Rich album cover was him behind a shot window. Its his gimmik!

No excuse for this

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-23-2007, 09:12 AM
yeah, that n**** is a greedy bastard

Longbongcilvaringz
07-23-2007, 09:29 AM
blame the system that lets him.

LiquidWordz
07-23-2007, 09:37 AM

But as far as I know, none of those guys were based on real people without their permision. The diference here is that this ad company made a caricature so blatantly based off 50, without his permision, and encouraged people everywhere to shoot him, when he was in fact shot in real life. I don't care how much 50 glorifies it in his music, that's some fucked up shit to be doing. That would be like making a game based off Columbine or V Tech or something.

Bis Fan
07-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I would too

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-23-2007, 02:44 PM
what, shoot him? LOL

RynMur
07-23-2007, 03:21 PM
But as far as I know, none of those guys were based on real people without their permision. The diference here is that this ad company made a caricature so blatantly based off 50, without his permision, and encouraged people everywhere to shoot him, when he was in fact shot in real life. I don't care how much 50 glorifies it in his music, that's some fucked up shit to be doing. That would be like making a game based off Columbine or V Tech or something.

I don't think that ad said his name anywhere.

Dirty Knowledge
07-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Curtis Jackson has every RIGHT to do this.

I have seen that Ad, and always thought it was a little weird.

Also, the one with Bin Laden and Bush together, looking cute-and-cuddly.

Internet Ads are the Devil.

I shouldn't have to say this, but for those of you hating just cuz it's 50:
Imagine if that was you. Or your dead mother who died in a crash. Then you go on AOL and you see an ad "Drive Bobby's mom in to the canal and win 50,000,000 dollars! Or just 5 ringtones".