PDA

View Full Version : why is there more instrumental

Crackspace
07-23-2007, 11:14 PM
why is there more instrumental time than rhyming on the Paid In Full album???its unbearable to listen to,it would be one thing if the beat was any good but theyre terrible

beardman
07-24-2007, 06:26 AM
You don't like em old school beats, with em scratching and mixing? haha
________
Model N (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Model_N)

6 Brix
07-24-2007, 06:44 AM
You don't like em old school beats, with em scratching and mixing? haha

no point him lisenin then isit

WuGambino
07-24-2007, 06:46 AM
I h ave to agree the proper tracks are all great but those instrumentals are wick wick wack.

Suga Duga
07-24-2007, 06:47 AM
terrible beats? oh boy cmon

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-24-2007, 07:02 AM
why dont u ask them to change it then u fuck wad

hahahaha

LiquidWordz
07-24-2007, 08:43 AM
why is there more instrumental time than rhyming on the Paid In Full album???its unbearable to listen to,it would be one thing if the beat was any good but theyre terrible

Your 14. Nuff said.

buckshotstheone
07-24-2007, 10:41 AM
apparently this person has never listened to a hip hop record that was made before 1989. Do some homework and you'll see that most songs from back in the early days of hip hop were more beat than they were vocals and if you've ever wondered why it is Eric B & Rakim as opposed to the other way around it is because the MC didn't use to be the focal point of the group. The DJ used to be the main attraction and the MC just held down the crowd.

Afrika Bambatta joints are like 12 minutes long with 1 verse, hip hop has just progessed into the age of people who don't have the patience for a 3 minute song so they get 2 verses and a hook cramed into 2 1/2 minutes

Second Coming
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
apparently this person has never listened to a hip hop record that was made before 1989. Do some homework and you'll see that most songs from back in the early days of hip hop were more beat than they were vocals and if you've ever wondered why it is Eric B & Rakim as opposed to the other way around it is because the MC didn't use to be the focal point of the group. The DJ used to be the main attraction and the MC just held down the crowd.

Afrika Bambatta joints are like 12 minutes long with 1 verse, hip hop has just progessed into the age of people who don't have the patience for a 3 minute song so they get 2 verses and a hook cramed into 2 1/2 minutes

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better.

Crackspace
07-24-2007, 06:17 PM
lol u gotta be on some really strong PCP to think that album's beats were anything but pure shit. but thanx for buckshotstheones' reply...never knew that

ShaDynasty
07-24-2007, 06:24 PM
lol u gotta be on some really strong PCP to think that album's beats were anything but pure shit. but thanx for buckshotstheones' reply...never knew that

you think 'i aint no joke', 'my melody', 'paid in full' had wack beats?!!
to me that album sums up everything that was great about 80s hip hop.
but i never really listened to the instrumental tracks, i been too preoccupied with the fact that rakim has the coolest rhymes ever written.

Visionz
07-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Are you reeaally from Brooklyn? I'd think you'd have more love for the innovators.

HANZO
07-24-2007, 06:55 PM
paid in full is a classic album.

TSA
07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Paid In Full was originally Eric B's Album, without Ra

at the last minute he wanted to add Rakim because he's fucking Rakim, but Rakim wasn't signed or something like that and was in school and so they couldn't release it as a Rakim album and instead it was an Eric B album "featuring" Rakim

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-25-2007, 02:38 AM
paid in full is a classic album.

in every sense of the word.

CYENCE
07-25-2007, 10:45 AM
And you gotta be a 8th grade baby to say something foolish like that
Oh wait.......

Man, this kid wasnt even born when Protect Ya Neck came out, that's hilarious

THE W
07-25-2007, 11:02 AM
yeah buckshot got it right. back in the days the DJ was the focal point of the group. things changed over time.

i listened to this album as well and didnt like it, neither did i like follow the leader.

i can recognize their significance in hiphop music but i didnt enjoy these albums.

Sean
07-25-2007, 01:20 PM
I just heard "I know you got soul" off this album and I recognised the opening few seconds of the beat. What song samples this bit of the beat? I'm thinking it's an Ice Cube or maybe NWA song but I can't think what it is. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Sean
07-25-2007, 07:44 PM
^ Anyone? This is really annoying me

Visionz
07-25-2007, 09:17 PM
I just heard "I know you got soul" off this album and I recognised the opening few seconds of the beat. What song samples this bit of the beat? I'm thinking it's an Ice Cube or maybe NWA song but I can't think what it is. Anyone know what I'm talking about?Are you serious?? Paid in Full came out around '87, keep guessing, you're way off.

xHard to Earnx
07-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Anyone that doesn't like Paid In Full is a flat out moron. The end.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Only wish the track Paid In Full had another 16, but I aint really complaining cos that's one of the best albums ever.

As for quality of beats, Paid In Full is still one of my favourite beats ever. and the rest of the album is pure quality as well.

Sean
07-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Are you serious?? Paid in Full came out around '87, keep guessing, you're way off.

No no, I mean a track that uses "I know You Got Soul" as a sample, not the other way around.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-26-2007, 10:14 AM
No no, I mean a track that uses "I know You Got Soul" as a sample, not the other way around.

Given how many samples were used for that track, it's probably just someone else using the same sample. Dunno who though.

Memory Man
07-26-2007, 10:54 AM
a million people used that bobby byrd sample, but i think you're talking about ice cube's jackin for beats.

Sean
07-26-2007, 11:48 AM
^ Na, that's not it. It's just the first like 3 or 4 seconds of the beat before someone starts to whisper. On the song I'm thinking about it's like that 3 or 4 seconds and then like a voice screaming "ah ah ah ah ah ah" lol. It might not be Ice Cube or NWA, and it might not even be that sample, it just sounded really familiar.

Memory Man
07-26-2007, 02:11 PM
FunkadelicConnections and Disconnections: (Lax 1981)
* "You'll Like it Too" (Drums)
DJ Food - "Turtle Soup"
DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince - "Girls Ain't Nothin' but Trouble"
DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince - "I Can't Wait to Be with You"
Doug E Fresh - "Back in the Days"
Eric B and Rakim - "I Know You Got Soul"
GangStarr - "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow"
Jeru - "Statik"
Larry Larr - "You Know What I'm Sayin"
Main Source - "Watch Roger Do His Thing"
Naughty by Nature - "Rhyme'll Shine On"
Nice & Smooth - "Sex, Sex, Sex"
NWA - "Straight Outta Compton"
Original Flavor - "Gumdrops"
Positively Black - "Take No Prisoners"
Salt-N-Pepa - "Let's Talk about Sex"
Schoolly D - "Do It, Do It"
Slick Rick - "Teacher, Teacher"
Stezo - "Jimmy's Gettin' Funky"
UMC - "Blue Cheese"
United Future Organization - "I'll Bet You Thought I'd Never Find You"
Young Disciples - "Apparantly Nothing (Soul River)"

Sean
07-26-2007, 03:24 PM
^ Wow, thank you. Where did you get all that from?

It was Straight Outta Compton! I didn't notice it before because it isn't used until like 3 minutes into the track. Thank you, that was driving me crazy.

buckshotstheone
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
crazy muthafucka name gusto, i fuck ya girl cause the bitch is a big hoe.........i woulda fucked ya mom but THE BITCH IS TOO FAT!

Memory Man
07-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Wow, thank you. Where did you get all that from?

http://www.the-breaks.com/

beardman
07-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I understand that the threadstarter doesn't like those beats. If you're brought up with the currents beats from Dre, Scott Storch, Stoupe etc then it's hard to like the beats from the elder days.

Tip to threadstarter: listen to other cd's from that time and you'll see that Paid in Full is a masterpiece in it's own time.

If it was released right now, i don't think the album would be received well, because rap has changed.
________
vaporgenie vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/vaporgenie-vaporizer.html)