PDA

View Full Version : jadakiss/the lox on def jam!!!!!

cap
07-24-2007, 07:53 AM
no rumors,no bullshit!
hear it from the horse's mouth

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/multimedia__music/archive/2007/07/23/18298330.aspx

got a feeling we in for some good shit.
jay is doing some good as CEO,lets hope his deal with sean price goes through as well!!!

mofo
07-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Well, Def Jam hasn't been a good label for veterans, let's see how they treat D Block on def jam.

Also, Sean P said somewhere in an interview that he wasn't going to sign to def jam and instead he's going to focus on his last Sean P album.

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-24-2007, 08:43 AM

Meta4
07-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Finally they made the move concrete. "Live, Suffer, Celebrate" should be 2CD's of raw shit and it's gonna have DefJam behind it promo wise.

Meta4
07-24-2007, 10:56 AM
and an October street date. I'm droolin hard.

tragedykhadafi12
07-24-2007, 12:06 PM
good news

Come Honor Face
07-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Terrible news! Over the last few years Deaf Jam has been a record label that has forced their artists to "run with tha globe" They want all the singles to sound the same. They want this girl on this hook, this fag on that hook, and then they let cats get on a track when u aint even there! (see "ya mean" off 421.

Dirty Knowledge
07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I agree with Eric kinda. He's got a point. But LOX has done that commercial shit before, Eric, so don't fool yourself.

I think it's BIG NEWS, but I'll have to wait to see how this unfolds. D-Block should flood the game like they have been in the mixtape scene only this time with Def Jam behind them, marketing and shit.

It's good for D-Block, they deserve this. They deserve a decent deal. I want to see Sheek drop on Def Jam. I would like to see a big ass D-Block album, with ALL of D-Block, not just Hood/Kiss/Sheek and P.

tragedykhadafi12
07-24-2007, 02:43 PM
this is good news!!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-24-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree with Eric kinda. He's got a point. But LOX has done that commercial shit before, Eric, so don't fool yourself.

so did M.E.F. ... and they fucked him

HarlemDiplomat
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Good news but jay-z isn't no damn CEO. Hes hardly the "president" of Def Jam.

But good look for L.O.X.

Tito_Para Enfrente
07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Wow.. Sorry ..

Goodbye ..

IM A DUMMY !!

11th Chamber
07-24-2007, 05:28 PM
cool

kurupt_kw
07-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Good to see you around mouser words. I like reading your posts. They are almost poetic.

CharlesJones
07-24-2007, 07:09 PM
I agree with ErichWV. Fuck Def Jam. The Lox are gonna get shitted on by Def Jam just like Method Man, Redman, Ghostface Killah, Jayo Felony, WC, Onyx, EPMD, DMX, Foxy Brown, Trigger The Gambler, Boss, Public Enemy, The Cru, Montell Jordan, Slick Rick have already been shitted on by the label. Even LL Cool J might be getting shitted on by the label because his last 3 albums are gay and i'm wondering if the label forced him to make those wack songs so his records could sell. LL usually doesn't make wack albums. His previous albums have been hardcore except for Phenomenon album but his last 3 albums were definitely terrible.

mAlAkAz
07-24-2007, 10:52 PM
^^you forget to mention cormega he got shitted on too they never released his 1998 album "the Testament", so Cormega then released the album on his own label in 2005

J.T.S.
07-25-2007, 12:57 PM
What's the big deal about the LOX??

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-25-2007, 01:00 PM

wow

Hollow Dartz
07-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I agree with ErichWV. Fuck Def Jam. The Lox are gonna get shitted on by Def Jam just like Method Man, Redman, Ghostface Killah, Jayo Felony, WC, Onyx, EPMD, DMX, Foxy Brown, Trigger The Gambler, Boss, Public Enemy, The Cru, Montell Jordan, Slick Rick have already been shitted on by the label. Even LL Cool J might be getting shitted on by the label because his last 3 albums are gay and i'm wondering if the label forced him to make those wack songs so his records could sell. LL usually doesn't make wack albums. His previous albums have been hardcore except for Phenomenon album but his last 3 albums were definitely terrible.

Yeah that Last LL album was wack. I remember My dad bought it and played it, he was mad as shit "They make one dance club shit and they want you to buy the album full of wack shit" LOL What a funny day

J.T.S.
07-25-2007, 01:04 PM

wow

Fa' real I find the only member wit any skills at all is just Styles.
Jada's lukewarm all the time, and Sheek ain't even worth mentioning.
They only had 1 good album "We are the streets".
All they talk about is the same mafioso shit everytime, i just can't figure out what the big deal is??

Meta4
07-25-2007, 02:19 PM

Seriously??? Only that there one of the illest groups ever. And Sheek is a lot better than people give him credit for its just real fuckin hard to stand out next to Styles and Jada.

CharlesJones
07-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Hollow Dartz your dad bought LL's last album Todd Smith? I know he was mad he wasted his money. I saw it at the library and i passed on it LOL. I forgot about Cormega's Testament album that Def Jam never released. Fuck Def Jam. They can get the bozack. LA Reid and Jay-Z don't know shit about real lyrical rappers. When Kevin Liles, Lyor Cohen, Russell Simmons were running the label, they did a terrible job also. I know Russell started the label and he's a icon because the label has had a lot of success in the past but the label is shitty now. LL Cool J has been on the label the longest and when he complains, you know something is wrong. He complained last year when his Todd Smith album came out that Jay-Z didn't promote the album good enough. I really hope the label forced LL to make his last 3 albums wack because i can't see him wanting to make corny gay songs on those albums. I don't know what the hell he was thinking with Phenomenon album either. I was so mad i bought that shitty album. Phenomenon song is so gay. Something like a phenomenon, something like a phenomenon LOL. Remember what he was wearing in the video? LOL. I was watching LL's Deliver Us From Eva movie with Gabrielle Union and Meagan Good a few days ago and in one scene when he was talking to Gabrielle, he licked his lips 3 times hahahahahahahahahahaha. Why does he do that shit? Well as for The Lox, they're gonna regret signing with Def Scam. They already made a bad decision signing with Bad Boy back in the day. Things must not be going well for them with Ruff Ryders label. That's the only reason i can think of for them to sign with Def Scam.

J.T.S.
07-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Seriously??? Only that there one of the illest groups ever. And Sheek is a lot better than people give him credit for its just real fuckin hard to stand out next to Styles and Jada.

One of the illest groups ever!! That's your opinion but i could name tons of groups that are hotter, and don't recycle their lyrics.

I used to like "The Lox" but gave up on waiting for a new album,
i felt like their material just outgrew me over the years.
Not saying their new one won't be heat, i just don't see them as anything but D-block know!!

Jeru
07-30-2007, 12:31 PM
I like the LOX but fuck Def Jam