PDA

View Full Version : Jay z move to Columbia?

tragedykhadafi12
07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
The NY Daily News reports that, according to industry sources, Jay-Z could leave Def Jam and head to Columbia Records.
The arrival of Jermaine Dupri as president of the Island Urban music division in February could be the reason.

"There isn't room for two kings at one label," says a source. "Why would Island bring in another power-hitter urban guy?," the source said.

Janet Jackson followed Dupri to Def Jam while Columbia is the home of Beyonce, plus Columbia's co-chair is Rick Rubin who's worked in the past with Jay-Z.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-25-2007, 04:00 PM
wtf? what about NaS, Ghost, Mef? some stupid shit all over again

xHard to Earnx
07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Better question would be why would anyone go near JD after that monumental failure his last job was.

Dirty Knowledge
07-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Lol at "another power-hitter urban guy"

Jiggas running skurred.

TAURO
07-25-2007, 04:30 PM
LOL....when I saw the thread title for a split second I thought it said Jay Z was moving to Colombia (as in the country).

tragedykhadafi12
07-25-2007, 05:44 PM
nas ghost and meth would still be on def jam. If its true that means def jam would just need a new president.

Chungsanity
07-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Jay should do it in memory of L and continue on where L left off from columbia.

HarlemDiplomat
07-25-2007, 09:35 PM
LOL....when I saw the thread title for a split second I thought it said Jay Z was moving to Colombia (as in the country).

Yeah me too... good for him. But perhaps its more to the story. You never know wit these industry niggaz.

FiRe WaTeR
07-25-2007, 11:50 PM
but Jada and the Lox just signed to Def Jam. That roster is too nice to move to Columbia. Especially since Wu is about to drop again. That should bood Ghost and Meth sales. He got that real East Coast heat.

Come Honor Face
07-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Jay-Z is a waste of talent, sellout, bitin ass piece if shit!!!!!! I swear I think he was meant 2 be gay 2.

Dominus Santorini
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Nah this shit ain't true...Jay's next desired move was a whole new label spearheaded by Beyonce and her father (plus Jig). He stated it in an interveiw

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Jay-Z is a waste of talent, sellout, bitin ass piece if shit!!!!!! I swear I think he was meant 2 be gay 2.

haha ur that snitch guy

fuck you

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-26-2007, 08:13 PM

how old r u. ?

"""""ok ok sorry dont flame me also, i just asked how old u are, u dont have to say "im old enough to fuk ur momma" Its just a simple question answer it.""""""""

Im wondering cause u flame every fuken thing here.