PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Dislike The Misfits?

oDoUoSoKo
07-26-2007, 07:26 PM
AHA, this one is a twist...becuase i do however like them....but they can be percieved as over rated...so what do you guys think of them...(keep in mind, i dont really like Punk rock)

Frontal Lobotomy
07-26-2007, 09:20 PM
These days, there's a lot to dislike about the Misfits. The hell is with a Misfits lightswitch man?
Danzig led the way, though I do own American Psycho and enjoy playing it quite regular.

Billy Danzenie
07-27-2007, 12:37 AM
i dont like them i bought an album but it went by way too fast and i couldn't understand anything. I couldn't enjoy it like others

Kriszy Substance
07-27-2007, 02:57 AM
no. dont dislike the Misfits.

Not sure if they are over-rated or under-rated. depends.

Memory Man
07-27-2007, 03:39 AM
i dont like them i bought an album but it went by way too fast and i couldn't understand anything. I couldn't enjoy it like others

you probably bought earth a.d. which isn't for everyone. try static age or walk among us.

crass
07-27-2007, 04:27 AM
Love the Misifts, though I'll be one of the 'very few' who will say I preferred the stuff with Michale Graves over Glen Danzig..............why??

Because the quality on the 'sound' is utter shit IMO with all the albums done with Glen rather than Graves.........all I hear when I throw on a Misifts album with Glenn's lyrics is muffled shouting with poor quality sounding instruments, hell I could make out Cannibal Corpse lyrics easier than a Misfits album with Danzig.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PUNK ROCK IF YOU CANNOT APPRECIATE THE RAWNESS OF THE ORIGINAL MISFITS.

They are one of the best punk bands of all time. No matter which way you look at it. No matter which way you cut the pie, it is all delicious and mouth-watering.

Memory Man
07-27-2007, 05:51 AM
if some1 can tell me if there's a remastered version of the albums with Glen as front man with improved quality of sound, I'll def. pick it up and give an opinion, but as it stands now, I prefer the 'newfits' over the original.

get static age and download the unreleased 12 hits from hell. personally i hate the newfits overproduced pop-punk sound. to me, static age is perfect punk rock production, clear and raw.

shaolinskater
08-17-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm down with the original line-up...
could pretty much care less about the new material after glen left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuDtVYX2KVs

Paranoid
08-17-2007, 09:59 PM
cant beat glen's voice...
never really cared to check out their stuff with the new guy
classic misfits, samhain, and danzig for the win

GENERAL WISE
08-18-2007, 01:37 AM
I don't fux with the misfits. 20 eyes is good though.

Fuck punk rock. Metal >>> Punk rock.

tgodd
08-18-2007, 02:54 AM
gimmicky bullshit

9th Warrior
08-22-2007, 11:19 PM
misfits rule, sucks that people on here can't appreciate it.

shaolinskater
08-23-2007, 03:59 AM
agreed.

im a junkie for anything old of theirs...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/tightfader/wall/wall2.jpg

oDoUoSoKo
08-23-2007, 10:39 AM
is that you?

living_undead
08-23-2007, 10:58 AM
is samhain worth checking out?
I mean, I like the Misfits, and the Danzig solo shit. and you know that dude wrote all of it.
and I also like Minor Threat, and can see why Danzig would get their guitarist.
but I've heard from most people that it falls short.
opinions?

living_undead
08-23-2007, 10:59 AM
by the way, the Misfits aren't the Misfits w/o Danzig.
just an imitation. like mini KISS

crass
08-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I mean, I like the Misfits, and the Danzig solo shit. and you know that dude wrote all of it.
opinions?

Samhain fucking rules. They're not as "great" as the Misfits because the Misfits have classic song after classic song, but I love Samhain just as much as the Misfits and there are some mind-numingly great Samhain songs that stand up against any Misfits song.

If you download/cop any Samhain, Initium is the most upbeat and punky, Unholy Passion is similar but a little slower and darker, November Coming Fire is incredible, more gothy and metallic but still with a punk base. Final Descent is pretty much NCF crossed with early Danzig. Not as good but still awesome.

Dokuro
08-23-2007, 04:15 PM
i cant see any one who dosent like them the same with the artic monkeys P-funk, beatles, and NWA

there some of the most loved bands in the world

shaolinskater
08-26-2007, 06:41 PM
is that you?

no man, thats my bird...
damn sexy, I think she feels like vanna white there in front of the shrine.
lol

oDoUoSoKo
08-26-2007, 09:36 PM
she sure looks like it.....eloels.

shaolinskater
08-26-2007, 10:52 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c368/DILLINGERXCAPE/jess/renjess_l.jpg

more (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16605&page=156) where that came from...

Vegan
08-26-2007, 11:42 PM
i like punk, but i never liked them.

oDoUoSoKo
08-27-2007, 12:06 AM
any with that stick dissapearin in her mouth?

shaolinskater
08-27-2007, 01:06 AM
nope, none w/ those sticks in particular

shaolinskater
08-27-2007, 01:31 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/tightfader/banana004.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/tightfader/banana006.jpg

Memory Man
08-30-2007, 06:50 PM
opinions?

lyle preslar of minor threat doesn't actually appear on any samhain recordings. he was in the original incarnation of the band and is in the cover photo for initium, but glenn rerecorded all his guitar parts.

crass
08-30-2007, 08:50 PM
lyle preslar of minor threat doesn't actually appear on any samhain recordings. he was in the original incarnation of the band and is in the cover photo for initium, but glenn rerecorded all his guitar parts.

Did Glenn really rerecord Lyle's guitar tracks? That would not surprise me, but he IS credited for some guitar on a couple of the tracks.

I love Danzig's explanation of why Lyle didn't stay in the band (from the booklet in the Samhain box set): they showed up all in black clothing and Lyle is wearing like a Polo sweater wrapped around his neck, totally preppy.

Memory Man
08-30-2007, 11:16 PM
as i understand it, lyle was credited on the tracks he played on originally, but they were replaced by glenn's playing. he did the same thing on legacy of brutality.

crass
08-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Mr. MMA has repeatedly shown how much I got his goat and cannot stop posting about it.

oDoUoSoKo
08-31-2007, 07:07 PM
!

i havent seen a sig jux in a minute.

chiba
09-01-2007, 10:46 PM
they are talented but they are a little overrated
i like some of their shiet!!:hippy: