PDA

View Full Version : MM...A Reissue

FiRe WaTeR
07-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Man, I just bought that MM..Food reissue for 13.99 and it was worth it. Very hot albukm but theres too many skits and not enough tracks. The sticker, poster, and DVD make up for it. Long live the Villain!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-26-2007, 10:24 PM
yeah i copped it too yesterday and even though i had it on my computer the dvd, the sticker and poster were cool too but the skits are funny and the one track were doom doesn't rhyme is killer buts its cool though

oDoUoSoKo
07-26-2007, 10:29 PM
MM...Food is under rated among DOOM albums...i love it.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-26-2007, 10:41 PM
^^^^

LiquidWordz
07-26-2007, 11:51 PM
I actualy liked the skits, they had some ill beats and they were amusing the way Doom chopped the vocals up to make them say things. I got an original recording before it went OOP, but I'm consdiering getting this reuissue for the DVD. What's the dvd like anyway?

FiRe WaTeR
07-27-2007, 01:02 AM
The DVD shows the whole "mm..food drive tour". It's every performance from the tour and you get to see DOOM walk around hotels with the mask on. Drinkin Guiness in the elevator.

TAURO
07-27-2007, 01:16 AM
I have an original copy which I bought when it first came out, I fucking love this album. Probably the only album that gets equal spins to Liquid Swords at my house.

I have been considering getting it again for the dvd, but im not sure yet.

HarlemDiplomat
07-27-2007, 01:32 AM
No one ever answered my question.

What does MF stand for in his name?

TAURO
07-27-2007, 01:35 AM
No one ever answered my question.

What does MF stand for in his name?

Metal Face is his most common but it goes by different meanings too.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-27-2007, 01:47 AM
picked it up yesterday, had to laugh at the alfoil chip style packet it was in.

dope album, id always seen it in the store when it was first out but never picked it up, so i was glad to see it re issued.

the dvd was dope, i dunno if it would be worth picking up the re issue just for that, if you already have the original.

Ink Is My Drink
07-27-2007, 04:06 AM
i was going to make a thread about this

i downloaded it when it went out of print and liked it

and it saw the re-issue and i had to buy it

its such a good re issue as it has dvd, sticker and poster. and the foil packaging is reall unique (even has a scratch and sniff that smells of chocolate hahaha)

just think it was really good as it wasnt lazy and thrown out again they thought about it abit which is something that doesnt seem to happen much these days

brown_dogg
07-27-2007, 10:53 AM
if you buy it in stores does it still come with the poster and sticker?

DJMethods
07-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Yo, I've never heard this Doom.. What style is he coming with? Crazy shit, or VV lyricism

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Metal Face is his most common but it goes by different meanings too.

mother fucking

mad flows

pneumatic
07-27-2007, 03:35 PM
mother fucking

mad flows

Metal Fingers

CITY ZEEKER
07-27-2007, 03:53 PM
yup its METAL FACE/METAL FINGERS

looks like i gtta make a trip to cop this album, since it has some extras plus the sticker and poster OH WHAT..

FiRe WaTeR
07-28-2007, 11:59 AM
The tracks are crazy, that "Potholders", "Hoe Cakes", "One Beer", "Guinnesses", and "Vomitspit". I noticed one weak point though. Mr. Fantastik is worse than hot garbage on "Rapp Snitch Knishes".

MF stands for Mad Flows when he was with MF Grimm. On the mic it's Metal Face cuz he's usin his face (mouth). On the boards thouhg it's Metal Fingers cuz he's usin his fingers.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Yo, I've never heard this Doom.. What style is he coming with? Crazy shit, or VV lyricism

um...hard to explain really

food rhymes.

its better than "Operation Doomsday" for my money, well worth the cash.

the dvd is pretty dope also, i was listening to the live doom album today, and i realised that some of the footage from the dvd is from that show.

also, if your not into doom but want to get a feel for his music, this reissue is great, because its got one of his best albums + the dvd where he has material from most of his albums.

ive been listening to mm..food alot since i got it, second best doom release imo behind V V.

ShaDynasty
07-28-2007, 01:22 PM
I was in the record store contemplating buying this today, i decided to leave it, i got Dilla's 'The Shining' and Pharoahe Monch's new one instead.

I wondered, its in a silver food type wrapper, do you get like a Pretzel or something free?

DJMethods
07-28-2007, 01:25 PM
um...hard to explain really

food rhymes.

its better than "Operation Doomsday" for my money, well worth the cash.

the dvd is pretty dope also, i was listening to the live doom album today, and i realised that some of the footage from the dvd is from that show.

also, if your not into doom but want to get a feel for his music, this reissue is great, because its got one of his best albums + the dvd where he has material from most of his albums.

ive been listening to mm..food alot since i got it, second best doom release imo behind V V.

Hmm.. Cheers. I first heard Doom on Dangerdoom, then went backwards.. Half the time I'm like "the fuck is he on about" but like on VV I'd call him one of the best MC's I've heard.

I'll pick it up if I see it this week, heard good things about this before the re-issue.

xHard to Earnx
07-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Pictures of poster/sticker/packaging needed to decided if I care enough to buy this again.

Notice "again." I told you people I didn't hate him.

11th Chamber
07-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Kookies is too dope.

I still havent been out to buy it yet(had surgery last week, cant really leave the house).

I consider this my 4th favorite DOOM release

Razorsharp
07-28-2007, 04:50 PM
i saw it at bestbuy on tuesday... i got no gwop, but the casing made me hungry for some poptarts... LMAO

SilvaFistz
07-28-2007, 09:19 PM
damn local spots dont have it im gonna have to order it from somewhere b4 it sells out. i mean i have the 1st release but all the xtra stuff makes me wanna buy it

DJMethods
07-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Picked thhis up today, the chick at the counter was sniffing my CD, kinda creepy.

Never heard it before but heard some of the beats (Think off Special Herbs), great album, right up there as my favourite Doom LP.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-30-2007, 08:05 AM
MF stands for Mad Flows when he was with MF Grimm. On the mic it's Metal Face cuz he's usin his face (mouth). On the boards thouhg it's Metal Fingers cuz he's usin his fingers.

Only Grimm was ever Mad Flows I believe. Back in the Operation Doomsday days (when he was down with Grimm) it was Metal Fingers or Face like you said.

Great album. Got this on vinyl when it came out. Always pisses me off when cds have free dvds included, but anyone still bumping the wax doesn't get shit! Can't they throw in the dvd with vinyls as well?

hide1998
07-30-2007, 10:48 AM
For those who own the original release, and have not bothered checking the re-release as a result, some of the samples were flipped differently in the re-release. As a result, for me...

Musically... Original > Re-release (both are dope as hell of course)

But the DVD makes the re-release worth purchasing even if you own the original.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
For those who own the original release, and have not bothered checking the re-release as a result, some of the samples were flipped differently in the re-release. As a result, for me...

Musically... Original > Re-release (both are dope as hell of course)

But the DVD makes the re-release worth purchasing even if you own the original.

They never said why it got pulled. I'm guessing from what you say that it was sample clearance issues.

TAURO
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Now I have to get it, just to hear the differences.

SilvaFistz
07-31-2007, 02:44 PM
got it yesterday like i sed b4 i have the 1st one and this one has little differences the big one is kookies totally different beat but kool also.
and yeah the main reason i bought it was for the dvd. doom say r.i.p. odb on the los angeles performance, and u can c mf grimm on da new york 1