PDA

View Full Version : Casual - The Champion

hide1998
07-27-2007, 09:28 PM
What's everyone's thoughts on this Casual release? I own & bought all of Casual's albums up to this point (including his collection release Truck Driver), and have been a fan for awhile. Recently I started rebumpin' his albums and finally decided to get the only Casual release I didn't own. I have to say, I am really impressed with this release. Content-wise, it reminds me of a new millennium Fear Itself (with some Smash Rockwell mixed in). It dropped back in 2005, shortly after Smash Rockwell was released (that's a really underrated album in my opinion).

Anyone else hear this release?

I would rate it a very slight step down from Fear Itself, but maybe better everything else he has dropped (although I'm feelin' his other releases as well).

DUMBO
07-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Well if you rate it around Fear Itself it should be pretty good. I haven't kept pace with Casual but I remember that Gotta to Get Down (from his second album) was Dope as Fuck - definitely a DJ choice for my parties.
Such a dope beat and flow.

hide1998
07-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Well if you rate it around Fear Itself it should be pretty good. I haven't kept pace with Casual but I remember that Gotta to Get Down (from his second album) was Dope as Fuck - definitely a DJ choice for my parties.
Such a dope beat and flow.

w3rd. Although He Think He Raw is my least favorite Casual album, I think that album is much better than some people make it out to be. Sure some of the beats could be tighter, but Casual that album to sheds lyrically (he flows effortlessly too). I Got To Get Down is one of my favorites off that album.