PDA

View Full Version : No new music at Rock the Bells

Jasperz
07-29-2007, 12:29 AM
The Clan didn't play anything from 8 Diagrams today at New York's Rock the Bells... no performance, no spinning of tracks like they've apparently done in Europe.

At least Ghostface was there, though, so that rumor can be put to rest.

liquid_1_
07-29-2007, 12:30 AM
^ how wuz it?

Jasperz
07-29-2007, 12:39 AM
It was pretty good... the sound wasn't so good, though, too much bass so you couldn't hear the melodic parts of the music that well, and their voices were kinda hard to hear at points, too... also it was hard to see with so many people... so these things make it hard for me to give a good evaluation of the performance. They had a cool backdrop, though.

DNasteee
07-29-2007, 01:10 AM
I was there, they played two verses of Watch Your Mouth at the end of their set, Rae or someone said, "new shit" as they walked off the stage....They didn't play it very loud, nobody from the clan stayed on stage as they were playing it, and most of the crowd wasn't paying attention...

Meth said the album is coming out "in the fall"

The wu got the second most love of the night outside of Rage....Cypress Hill got a lot of support to.

What the fuck was up with flava flav introducing his kids and telling us they are getting A's in school....who the fuck cares??

RynMur
07-29-2007, 01:58 AM
^^Sounded like you guys had a good night. Rage got the most love, but who did the best job of rocking the bells?? And how much was beer there?

the blazed sage
07-29-2007, 04:59 AM
And, what time dud Wu/Rage hit stage?

HarlemDiplomat
07-29-2007, 05:02 AM
Sweet... props for the info.

LMAO @ Flava Flav.

full_clip
07-29-2007, 05:42 AM
huh? i'm glad, they played a few tracks off 'the 8 diagrams' at the MTV HipHop Open in Stuttgart, Germany!!!

they totally rocked! but i gotta say, they had too much bass at the hiphop open also!

Mad Axes
07-29-2007, 07:33 AM
beer was $7

Kanha
07-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Well, I think this mystery of fucked up sound
is all Mathematics fault, or is it? haha
wherever Wu performs, the sound is fucked up.
Mathematics is the DJ.. =P

Eerie Theories
07-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Cypress Hill stole tha show.. I wish i coulda ripped that bong!!! I was in the front from talib kweli til the end of wu and bounced cus im not really a big fan of rage i like maybe one or two songs plus i was dehydrated as fuck and people were shistey with the water cups. VIP was pretty sick..they had the ac blastin in the back tent, good dj, dope bar tender. Flavor flav was overly promoting himself.."Comedy central roast of flavor flav" "Hold on before i go let me play a drum beat for you"..."Ok before i go...yeaaahhh boooyyy" "Wait a minute chuck im not done yet....yeeeahhh booyyy" .. Mad annoying.

Wu-Tality
07-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Flav has always been annoying though ;P

Below Zero
07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Yo! It was hot as hell out there until about 5:30pm when it got cloudy!
Wutang ripped it! The mics were a little messed up though. They kept fadin in and out like the soundman didn't know what he was doing.
I think Gza was late.I didn't see him on stage until about 20 minutes in to the show.
MASTA KILLA MURDERED "ONE BLOOD"!!!!! That was CRAZY!
MEF RIPPED "M-E-T-H-O-D MAN"!!!!!!! That was CRAZY!!
RZA KILLED "TEARZ" THAT WAS CRAZY!
RAE DESTROYED "CREAM" THAT WAS CRAZY!!

WUTANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

full_clip
07-29-2007, 01:02 PM
i say wu you say tang

WU

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Tang!

:d:d:d

Pootie Tang!!

RynMur
07-29-2007, 01:52 PM
beer was $7

thanks, not as bad as I expected.

Anyone has photos?

DNasteee
07-29-2007, 02:13 PM
i videoed CREAM on my phone but unsure how to put it on computer.

The mics were fucked up for their performance, which seems to happen every time I see them for some reason.....
Funny part was when the mics first started going out, Ghost said, "Aww not this shit again"....lol

rebel_i
07-29-2007, 08:55 PM
yeah the bass was louder than all the other acts but yet the mics were lower than the other acts lol

that was the best concert ive ever been to, but ive seen wu before and i thought their set was almost going through the motions

they didnt really understand that everyone had been there for about 8 hours in the blistering sun with NO water (they sold out of it) and they played all their most sing along songs at the beginning and didnt even play shit off their new cd...they were the most disappointing act

CYPRESS AND RAGE get the most props but god damn everyone was so fuckin amazing Pharohe Monch killed it too and im not even a huge fan.

Jet Set
07-30-2007, 12:02 PM
u r not teh reel jasper

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/4/45/Theinternetisforpr0n22.gif

rebel_i
07-30-2007, 02:35 PM
did they play any new music at the sunday show??

ZiG 9th
07-30-2007, 06:16 PM
did they play any new music at the sunday show??

Yea they did! But it doesn't really make any sense to play new songs that haven't come out yet at a concert. B/c no1 knowz the lyrics and can't sing along to it. Your just standing there like ok what the hell is that? Like back in '97 when Wu-tang 4ever came out in June, and then i went to the Wu/Rage concert in august. Wu performed all their classic shit and then performed some of their new shit off of wu-4ever! And it was sick! B/c i knew what the fuck they were playin but at the same time it was still new! You feel me? When you do new material at a concert that no1 ever heard before it doesn't have much of an impact. B/c people are lost. But yea i was there on sun. an they played i think one new song at the end. Rae was like this iz some new shit from the new album. But it sounded weak to me! I was like ooo-K! If thatz what we have to look forward too then i dunno if i'm too excited?

ZiG 9th
07-30-2007, 06:18 PM
And Ghostface wasn't at the sun/ show for some reason? They had to sing his verses for him. I was like damn wheres Ghost at?

subhanallah
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
http://designlevel2.com/rza.jpg

I was there Sat- and agree with Rebel-I it did feel like they were going through the motions. I 've seen WuTang over 15 times and the last few shows are getting repetitive. The ODB tribute, Meth saying the energy you give to us we give to you and this is NY our home... blah blah blah. I think it would've been nice to have them do some freestyles... top of the head. Show N Prove that Wu-Tang's still got it. We were out in the sun for 6 or so hours by the time Wu came out... headz was passing out left and right up front and everyone was blazed since Cypress came out just before. I think they should've come out with a hose and soaked everyone and the crowd would have had more fuckin energy.

We all bear witness to things like Masta Killah falling apart half the time and Ghost not being able to flow on Hot 97 in the morning. Dont get me wrong I think Wu-Tang is the best Hip Hop group of all time I just wished they'd mix it up. Have Ghost come out and do summertime... let Rza rip some shit off of BOAP... let Gza do Investigative Reports or the 4th Chamber...

You gotta give props to RZA killing it on Tearz though (fantastic)

I wonder if Wu hates Redman too, when he came out everyone got live again.

wuswordz95
07-30-2007, 07:20 PM
i heard it rained allday then it got hot. how is that possible.
is new york a tropical state

subhanallah
07-30-2007, 08:29 PM
No rain on Saturday only Sunday.

Shiz36
07-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I mentioned this in another post but on thursday night in Mansfield, MA, Meth did officially say that 8 Diagrams is complete. He gave no date as to when it drops but after he said all this, Raekwon asked the crowd if they wanted to hear a little. They played a quick verse from one track. Gave no track title and the sound system was so f'd I couldn't tell who's verse it even was. Rae cut it off before you could even get into it though.

Jizzoex
07-31-2007, 02:35 AM
At the Ghost concert in Minneapolis last week he said that 8 diagrams is done and will be out in the fall.

rebel_i
07-31-2007, 08:04 PM
yeah i get what ur sayin zig 9th... if they played new songs then people would have been really confused with what they were playing and meth would have been complaining even more about not getting enough energy from the crowd...

subhanallah is fuckin right too, if they had brought out a hose it woulda made things soooo much better. it was brutal out there on saturday i would have much rather had rain

Its Big Lu baby
08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
i was there
they played 2 tracks from it

TGambino
08-02-2007, 09:05 PM
I was there Sat- and agree with Rebel-I it did feel like they were going through the motions. I 've seen WuTang over 15 times and the last few shows are getting repetitive. The ODB tribute, Meth saying the energy you give to us we give to you and this is NY our home... blah blah blah. I think it would've been nice to have them do some freestyles... top of the head. Show N Prove that Wu-Tang's still got it. We were out in the sun for 6 or so hours by the time Wu came out... headz was passing out left and right up front and everyone was blazed since Cypress came out just before. I think they should've come out with a hose and soaked everyone and the crowd would have had more fuckin energy.

We all bear witness to things like Masta Killah falling apart half the time and Ghost not being able to flow on Hot 97 in the morning. Dont get me wrong I think Wu-Tang is the best Hip Hop group of all time I just wished they'd mix it up. Have Ghost come out and do summertime... let Rza rip some shit off of BOAP... let Gza do Investigative Reports or the 4th Chamber...

You gotta give props to RZA killing it on Tearz though (fantastic)

I wonder if Wu hates Redman too, when he came out everyone got live again.
15 times.... u lost.....

ZiG 9th
08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
yeah i get what ur sayin zig 9th... if they played new songs then people would have been really confused with what they were playing and meth would have been complaining even more about not getting enough energy from the crowd...

subhanallah is fuckin right too, if they had brought out a hose it woulda made things soooo much better. it was brutal out there on saturday i would have much rather had rain

Noo0oo way! I was there on sun. and the rain fucked that whole place up! It was sooo0o much mud and puddles everywhere! It was a disaster! A straight mess in there! It looked like a goddamn pig sty in there! I thought i was on a farm for a minute. I was almost ready to turn my ass around and go back to the car. I couldn't believe how fucked up it was in there! I said man this doesn't make any damn sense! They need to have it at a venue that has all concrete! B/c grass, dirt and rain = a disaster! I went in there dressed half way decent, i figured i was gonna get my kix stepped on thatz a given at any concert. I went in there already expecting that, but what i wasn't expecting was stepping in giant ass mudd puddles! Shoes getting soaked! On top of that trash everywhere! I was pissed!

Its Big Lu baby
08-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Noo0oo way! I was there on sun. and the rain fucked that whole place up! It was sooo0o much mud and puddles everywhere! It was a disaster! A straight mess in there! It looked like a goddamn pig sty in there! I thought i was on a farm for a minute. I was almost ready to turn my ass around and go back to the car. I couldn't believe how fucked up it was in there! I said man this doesn't make any damn sense! They need to have it at a venue that has all concrete! B/c grass, dirt and rain = a disaster! I went in there dressed half way decent, i figured i was gonna get my kix stepped on thatz a given at any concert. I went in there already expecting that, but what i wasn't expecting was stepping in giant ass mudd puddles! Shoes getting soaked! On top of that trash everywhere! I was pissed!

ya the rain fucking sucked... i was at that shit. i know we are all wu fans. but i think its safe to say that cypress hill put on the best show out of everybody ... even wu. the huge buddha was dope and so was the size of the blunt they was smoking. but they killed it... sound ... quality... everthing. but ya the rain sucked. we had to wait till it stoped rainin to g et blazed and that was gay