PDA

View Full Version : Shyne

Bg_Knocc_Out
07-29-2007, 01:58 AM
I made this because Shyne is one of my favorite MC's of all time. I want to know your opinions about him.

Shyne may not be super lyrical but he can damn sure make a song, wether or not he's flamed with the crap about him sounding like Biggie or not, to me he don't even sound nearly close to Biggie, but anyways he is obviously one of the realest if not THE realest MC of all time, but this is all opinionated. I'm a person who only respects MC's who can back-up or are what they claim to be, Shyne has proved that day-in and day-out. He's a man of honor who lives by codes, and thats how I live and I suppose thats what attracts me. But enough about me or him personally because I'm trailing off, what are your opinions about this MC?

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-29-2007, 02:24 AM
I never checked any of his shit out, i cant tell...

EAGLE EYE
07-29-2007, 02:50 AM
I liked God father buried alive. That album had some decent beats..

Bg_Knocc_Out
07-29-2007, 03:16 AM
^That's an underrated sophmore album. If you like gangsta-rap, check out his first album, that is a straight classic album in my book and I'm not the type to think garbage MC's are great ya know. But Godfather Buried Alive isn't good unless you've heard his first album, 'cause he's one of those MC's ya gotta get to know to enjoy. But other than that, Godfather had some really good tracks like "More or Less", "Diamonds & Mac-10's", "Quasi OG", "Martyr", "Edge", "The Gang", etc.. its actually TOM ME an un-skippable album, but I'm gonna end this post until next time because I always get caught up in my own shit lol.

kempa
07-29-2007, 03:16 AM
dont like gfba but "shyne" is a straight classic

" Shyne may not be super lyrical but he can damn sure make a song"

dats cuz hes got one of the dopest voices

Bg_Knocc_Out
07-29-2007, 03:23 AM
^^ thats not why I liked it, but he do got a voice (no homo). He can tell a story though, "The Hit" is prolly the only song that I can think of at the moment that plays out to be a straight forward story.

GFBA, I liked that album dunno what you talkin bout homie lol, do't you like "Behind the Wall" w=even with Kurupt ft'd in it?!

Bg_Knocc_Out
07-29-2007, 03:33 AM
I like how in his album Shyne, how every track was introduced like, if you listin to the album straight forward without skippin, and you listin to "The hit" then it goes onto "Thats gangsta", sounds tight the way they introduce it. But I'm sounding like a giant dickrider I suppose, but I'm just, COP THIS ALBUM, or at least download it off albumbase.com, its worth a listin

CharlesJones
07-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Shyne is tight. I thought his debut album was decent. The beats should've been harder. Bad Boys song is the shit. I love that song and the video was hard. Godfather Buried Alive was kinda disappointing. I didn't like the beats that much. I used to have his unreleased album Dear America. That album sucked. He's a good mc though. I wish he hadn't gotten locked up. He shouldn't have been at the club that night because too much ignorant shit happens at black clubs. Black entertainers need to learn to keep their asses at home and stay away from clubs because most people at clubs are jealous of people that got a lot of money.

TAURO
07-31-2007, 04:44 PM
I have his first album, I thought it was dope. When I first bought it I bumped it straight for two weeks. Haven't played it for a loooong while though.

11th Chamber
07-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Shyne was cool. Would have been nice to see how he turned out if he had an accual rap career(if he never got locked up)

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
07-31-2007, 09:43 PM
lol are u talking about the same mumbling prick?

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-31-2007, 09:55 PM
Shyne's self titled album IMO has 'classic status, I loved that album back in the day, and though a lot of folks will say he tried to adopt Biggie's style, I gotta disagree; there were SOME similarities, but they generally were 2 different MC's in a lot of aspects.

But yeh, Shyne is dope IMO, and I haven't given 'Godfather Buried Alive' a listen, I should though.....

my fav tracks by him are as follows:

- Niggaz Gonna Die

- The Life

- Whatchu gonna do

- Bad Boys

- it's Ok

- That's Gangsta

also, the 'Behind the Walls' remix by Kurupt featuring Shyne is sick too

shyne is and was very underatted man they need to let him outta jail they acted like he killed somebody man wtf "FREE SHYNE"