PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle Fellowship appreciation

hide1998
07-29-2007, 04:16 AM
Why do I rarely see their releases on anyone's favorite hip-hop albums list? To this day, Innercity Griots displays so much more skill than most albums that have dropped over 10 years later (in addition to their solo, and spinoff groups like Haiku De'tat).

Anyone, for those who are still sleeping at the very least Innercity Griots and All Balls Don't Bounce.

Also, what's everyone's opinion of their Temptations album? I know PEACE is barely on the album and it's a real change in atmosphere (especially compared to their other releases before and after it dropped), but I think it's a better than a lot of people make it out to be. Mikah on that album is :hooray:

GhettoGnom
07-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Freestyle Fellowship is the shit!

Aceyalone is in my opinion top 10 dead or alive. He's so diverse and delivers real intelligent lyrics.

The thing that holds back Innercity Griots and To Whom It May Concern... for me though is the beats. It might be because I haven't grown up with the old school sound, but the beats on those albums keeps me from really loving the albums.

Temptations is good.

My favorite albums from the FF(solo or group) is Aceyalones two first solo albums though. A Book of Human Language keeps a real consistent and cool mood throughout the whole album, and Aceyalone, well, he's aceyalone. He always brings that good stuff.

Anyone heard the new mumbles album with Acey? I pre-ordered it for 5 days ago.. need that shit soon :D