PDA

View Full Version : big shug-- worst mc ever?

junius
07-31-2007, 08:29 PM
or if not thee worst dude ever to rap, the worst guy who's primary goal is to be an mc, which is to say not a pop or rock musician playin' at hip-hop... i'd heard his solo joints were whack but blew 'em off until now & wow... tony yayo is like gza & r.a. the rugged man combined compared to this doof. tough to appreciate how decent some of the beats are with his no flow, no vocabulary weakness on top.

am i missing something or, uh... what?

TAURO
07-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Nah...I like Big Shug, theres much worse out there (and im talking underground)

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-31-2007, 08:38 PM
na he is ok and dont dick ride cause he was in some premo tracks.

BRONZBODY
07-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Nah...I like Big Shug, theres much worse out there (and im talking underground)
same here hes no rakim but then hes not vanilla ice either

Memory Man
07-31-2007, 08:49 PM
he's decent, definitely not the worst.

IronFingaz7
07-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Hes garbage to me, but his album has some beats on it.

P.E.A.C.E.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-31-2007, 09:50 PM
he's decent, definitely not the worst.

yea there allot worst such as Mase (lol), lil mama, yung joc umm do you want me to go on oh yeah tony yayo and lloyd banks (especially these guys) yeah most of the mainstream that are considered "da shit" or "hot" are wack and annoying thats why most of my friends disagree with me cuz they like all that shit and i see it for what is "disposable music" so before anybody disses Big Shug or some other decent guys listen before you leap on the boards and diss away man

11th Chamber
07-31-2007, 10:38 PM
yea there allot worst such as Mase (lol), lil mama, yung joc umm do you want me to go on oh yeah tony yayo and lloyd banks (especially these guys) yeah most of the mainstream that are considered "da shit" or "hot" are wack and annoying thats why most of my friends disagree with me cuz they like all that shit and i see it for what is "disposable music" so before anybody disses Big Shug or some other decent guys listen before you leap on the boards and diss away man

since when is Banks considered one of the worst? He has always been atleast a decent MC

manhattan360
07-31-2007, 11:18 PM
all i can say is he murdered it on F.A.L.A

The Hound
08-01-2007, 02:21 AM
big shug aint bad but i havent herd his albums so no comment on his overall tolerablitiy i only herd him on guest spots

venex
08-01-2007, 04:53 AM
come on... big shug is a decent MC....

you got sooooooo many mc's that are much worse... big shug is very decent !

beardman
08-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Pastor Troy is the worst!
________
trichomes (http://trichomes.org)

mofo
08-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Big shug is decent lmao. There's mos def mc's worse than him. He's not the greatest of all time, but he holds his own weight.

J.T.S.
08-02-2007, 12:54 PM
I think Big Shug is dope his "Militia" verse was nice, and he killed it on crush!
He's not the best but he comes off correct over Primo tracks!
Damn everybody can't spit like a Gza, or Nas cut the guy some slack! He's reppin' hip-hop to the fullest!

wufan10304
08-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Big Shug is good. that Streetchamp cd was pretty decent.

Polocash7
08-03-2007, 01:17 AM
he has the worst flow ever(ok maybe top 5). He always gets dope beats. Needs to learn how to ride a beat

Come Honor Face
08-03-2007, 01:52 AM
Worse than tha cats from D4L? Na son! No way!

noel411
08-03-2007, 02:26 AM
He's one of the most basic lyricists I've heard, and his flow is almost equally basic, but I found out the other day that I would rather listen to him than about 95% of mc's who have come out in the last 7 years or so. I put his 'Who's Hard' album on my mp3 player a while ago, because it had some dope beats, and when I played it for the first time in ages the other day, I found myself actually really enjoying listening to Shug flow. I'm so tired of all this weak multi focused wack shit that people have been dropping the last few years that I actually find it refreshing to hear a dude just dropping single syllable rhyme bars and speaking his mind. That's also why I like MF Grimm's lyrics better than just about anybody else out there these days. Problem with Shug is that everything about his lyrics are basic. Content, rhyme schemes, subject matter, concepts or lack there of...But still. I like the dude.

DEVAMPS
08-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Big Shug is ilLLLL..i like listenin to him..he lays it down plain and simple..theres like hundreds of wacker MC's u kiddin?

WHOS HARD? IS IT ME IS IT YOU??

CEITEDMOFO
08-03-2007, 09:39 AM
or if not thee worst dude ever to rap, the worst guy who's primary goal is to be an mc, which is to say not a pop or rock musician playin' at hip-hop... i'd heard his solo joints were whack but blew 'em off until now & wow... tony yayo is like gza & r.a. the rugged man combined compared to this doof. tough to appreciate how decent some of the beats are with his no flow, no vocabulary weakness on top.

am i missing something or, uh... what?

YOUR MUST BE A GIANT FAG WHO LIKES DOWNSOUTH POP

J.T.S.
08-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah Yayo's one of the worst, he nowhere near Gza!

CharlesJones
08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
I like Big Shug. Who's Hard album is good. I'm gonna peep his Street Champ album. Take It Back song on Who's Hard album is my favorite because he named rappers from back in the day, legendary NBA players, old r&b singers and other stuff that black people did back in the day.

junius
08-03-2007, 10:07 PM
hey ya'll... yeah, you know, i put "who's hard in the ipod & was listening on train rides out to coney island... i'll now say that, while his flow is way basic & his vocab not so hot... somehow it's charming once you get used to the range he has + the guests spots liven it up... i dunno, i was maybe a bit harsh with the subject line, hah but those first few listens were like... damn, this guy is CLUMSY. now maybe i think ok, he's not too dextrous but he works with his limitations OK.

Shug's bad-even-by-hip-hop-standards cd covers don't help w/first impressions either, hah.

ShaDynasty
08-04-2007, 02:50 AM
I always enjoyed hearing him on Gang Starr tracks but i can imagine that a whole album of his could get boring.

as far as being the worst emcee ever? hes pretty bad, but theres worse