PDA

View Full Version : Finding Forever Vs. BE....Which is better??

Galvatron97
08-01-2007, 08:34 AM
In your opinion which album from Common do you like better? Finding Forever or BE??
IMO I personally like BE better because I like the beats better on BE on tracks like Testify, The Corner, GO, and the intro track BE....

But Finding Forever has some bangerz also....the Game, Misunderstood, The People, Start The Show, Southside.....hmmm this is tough....

What do y'all think?? Which is the better album beatwise and lyrically???

Longbongcilvaringz
08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
personally "Finding Forever" is my preference.

BE doesnt really have much replay value for me, while "Finding Forever" im still playing, but i guess time will tell if it has replay.

ive said before, i thought kanye's work on FF was some of his better stuff, and mc'ing wise common was dope, but he was pretty good on BE also...

Galvatron97
08-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Yea Finding Forever has some ill beats....Kanye dug up some nice samples for that album.....
But BE has some nice sample also.....

DJMethods
08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
I like both albums, but have to go Be because I haven't listened to FF enough. FF will end up on top I reckon, Common seems more on-point with lyrics (Dont get me wrong, was good on Be) and I only really dislike that fucking Will.i.am track. I actually like that Lilly Allen track... fuck knows why.

Give me another week with FF and I'd vote it.. but I listened to Be for a good year or so and still put it on, so.. Be gets it.

Shaolin Bloody Sword
08-01-2007, 10:44 AM
"Be" is better !!!

Longbongcilvaringz
08-01-2007, 10:45 AM
i found myself liking the Lily Allen and the Will.i.am tracks, common sounded good over those beats.

but the hook pretty much ruins parts of "Drivin' Me Wild", and has a similar but lesser effect on "I Want You"

Decka
08-01-2007, 11:22 AM
The impact be had on me makes it a better album, i mean the intro for be was just amazing! FF is growing on me tho but be is a classic to me

Second Coming
08-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Shit man, Finding Forever just came out yesterday. Some of us don't have the time or the resources to d/l way before it comes out in stores. That being said, I just bought Finding Forever yesterday so you'll have to give me some time before I can vote. Be was very good but after a few listens I'd say that Finding Forever is just as dope if not better. But give me a little more time on this one...

IronFizt
08-01-2007, 12:43 PM
i think that 'be' is a better album. i liked it so much i decided to put biggie over the beats from it. i call it "Be.I.G." you can download the blend tape over at my myspace blog:
www.myspace.com/ironfiztchamber (http://www.myspace.com/ironfiztchamber)
PEACE

Exodus
08-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Be

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Be has one of my fav. intros ever, but I think FF is lil' better...Be+FF best tracks is something u should burn on a cd, I did it for my cousin....

J.T.S.
08-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Be hands down.

WuGambino
08-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Be for me. I like the drums more on this album.
Best intro ever.
Although I'd be interested to listen to the best of both on one CD, wera what tracklist did you use for that?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-01-2007, 04:43 PM
1. Be (Intro)
2. The Corner
3. The People
4. Black Maybe
5. So Far to Go
6. Misunderstood
7. Love Is...
8. Break My Heart
9. Go
10. Testify
11. The Game
12. The Food as a bonus track ;)

whatcha think?

WuGambino
08-02-2007, 07:41 AM
That's a dope list, though I would probably add It's Your World and replace So Far To Go with Southside (So Far To Go is incredible but it's a Dilla track to me 'cos I've heard it before on The Shining).

buckshotstheone
08-02-2007, 11:40 AM
i think the intro to Be is one of the most beautiful pieces of music i have ever heard.

I am not sure yet seeing as i have only had Finding Forever for about a month but i will say that i am now going back and listening to Be almost every day.

I definately think it is one of those best-of-both deals and to the person who made the above....where da fuck is Chi-City?? that shit is a straight BANGA!!

and that lily allen track is dope. AND i love the hook on it

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-02-2007, 03:06 PM
well, I put it kinda short cuz those were the tracks she liked...

but yeah, put some more tracks on there and u have a true classic...

cap
08-03-2007, 02:41 PM
i copped FF today and im almost through the album.
and i gotta say...im not imressed.
dissapointed maybe even,i hope it grows on me....

beardman
08-04-2007, 07:41 AM
I don't like Be. I think FF was good. So for me FF is way better than Be.
________
Harry Schell (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Harry_Schell)

cap
08-04-2007, 12:54 PM
i copped FF today and im almost through the album.
and i gotta say...im not imressed.
dissapointed maybe even,i hope it grows on me....

i take it back...i listened to it again,and i really liked it.
but i still prefer 'be' cus of the impact it left on me.
both dopeness though,kanye & common are a great match.

Jimmy Focus
08-06-2007, 11:07 AM
BE was commons 2nd ressurection and it was my fav of 05' but ima have to go wit Finding Forever. i think BE prepared us for Finding Forever. common has always been doin bigger and better things musically.

Kwadratic Delux
08-06-2007, 01:20 PM
i think the intro to Be is one of the most beautiful pieces of music i have ever heard.

Agreed! Kanye blew my mind with that track...absolutely stunning

But FF is the better album. BE is not at all as good as people call it.

whoa115
08-06-2007, 04:15 PM
finding forever is classic: intro (not as good as be but still classic), start the show, the people, drivin me wild, southside, the game, break my heart misunderstood common is at the top with this album

Ink Is My Drink
08-07-2007, 09:00 AM
finding forever is BE part 2 and everyone loves the originals more than sequals so of corse BE

Ink Is My Drink
08-07-2007, 09:04 AM
and that lily allen track is dope. AND i love the hook on it

i thought the hook was abit random. i dunno if you english or not or if they play her tracks near wherever you live but she has some SHIT songs that alfie song!!! fuk that shit jus type it into youtube if you dont know

so thought the song with her would be shit and wa sliek wtf but it is actually pretty good and was really surprised that id like anyhtignw ith he ron it good track. but the hook is abit random if you egt me i prefer it whens ehs sinign nearer the end

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-07-2007, 10:15 AM
the hook for the song with Lily reminds me of this song a little....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnydK0phSqM