PDA

View Full Version : Wyclef Reveals The True Reason Why The Fugees Won't Return

TAURO
08-01-2007, 09:46 AM
We said it before and it will be said again - Don't expect a Fugees reunion any time soon!
Wyclef is coming clean about his issues with Lauryn Hill, and it's not pretty.
The Miseducation songstress had been sued in the past (and lost) for failing to give writing credits on her breakthrough solo album. And now her former band mate is rubbing salt in her not fully healed wounds.
This is yet another nail in the coffin for a Fugees reunion..and this time Wyclef getting even more specific with details. As DX has already reported, Pras vaguely explained to billboard.com that Lauryn Hill is in her own "zone" which was leading to creative differences in the studio, and ultimately the reunion project's failure. But now Wyclef is dishing out the specifics in the new issue of Scratch magazine.
Scratch: What's going on with the Fugees reunion, or lack there of?
Wyclef: I'm officially Paul McCartney from the Beatles now. If the Fugees wanna come back, and Lauryn wanna come back…you can't break the format. Don't come back and be like, "I wanna produce a beat." That's like me saying I wanna sing an R&B vocal. When we was working on the album, I was like, [to Lauryn], "You need to do this like this." [And] she says, "How do you know what's relevant? I haven't heard anything from you in the past like three, four years?" The minute she said that I was like, I gotta go back to working.
So what's ultimately holding you guys back?
Lauryn is straight up the problem, bro. She wants to be a producer. Don't come telling us how to chop up beats so you can get credit for it.
What makes you think she would take the credit?
We did a remix [with] Lauryn for John Legend, for the record "How High." John Legend was saying our names. You know what she had [him] do? She was like, "Take off Wyclef and Jerry's names." Because she wanted people to think that she was the one doing the beat…I'm a producer and I'm a beatmaker with my cousin Jerry Wonder, and I'm a writer. She's a writer, a vocalist, [and] a great [vocal] composer. And she's great at picking out samples—she got 20 billion samples but can't chop 'em up to save her life.
So she hasn't made any of the beats she got credit for?
It's real simple—if you did the beats, where are the beats? Show us one beat that you did. If you bring 'Clef to the studio, put an MP, put an SP, put a bunch of stuff, bring a bunch of cameras [and] say, "Clef, do a beat in two minutes." The beat's done! Bring Lauryn Hill in the studio with the same camera, say we give you three hours. Matter fact, fuck it, we'll give you a month—do a beat. She can't put it together!
Sounds like this is officially R.I.P on the Fugees reunion...

Such a shame, I think Lauren Hill should let go of her ego and get the fuck back in that studio and make it happen.

Dragondude_R
08-01-2007, 10:44 AM
It's real simple—if you did the beats, where are the beats? Show us one beat that you did. If you bring 'Clef to the studio, put an MP, put an SP, put a bunch of stuff, bring a bunch of cameras [and] say, "Clef, do a beat in two minutes." The beat's done! Bring Lauryn Hill in the studio with the same camera, say we give you three hours. Matter fact, fuck it, we'll give you a month—do a beat. She can't put it together!

hahahahahaha

Jeru
08-01-2007, 11:18 AM
This sucks

Prolifical ENG
08-01-2007, 11:48 AM
actually the way i took it this makes it even more possible because that was said....if Lauren doesn't catch feelings over it anyway.

when a group member can criticize another member and say where they are weak is when they are their strongest.

-The A to the Z-
08-01-2007, 01:26 PM
actually the way i took it this makes it even more possible because that was said....if Lauren doesn't catch feelings over it anyway.

when a group member can criticize another member and say where they are weak is when they are their strongest.

but this looks like more than criticism, wyclef is straight out dissing lauryn, aint nuthin constructive about it

Chiba-Smoker
08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
a diss is like ya fuck that stupid fat bitch. this is just bullshit cause lauren is the best of em and let her do a song. if she did any songs on her shit then let her do a song on the fuguees.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-01-2007, 03:49 PM

lol how are they a strong unit now?

J.T.S.
08-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Lauryn's a riot, so is Clef their ego's are so ridicilous!

Prolifical ENG
08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
lol how are they a strong unit now?

What I meant if they did unite, they would be strong because of that.

If it is straight out dissing, let it be. I'd rather them not uniting then making a fair album with high expectations which will be reviewed terribly anyway because of the expectations.

Even if Lauren did want to do all that shit (and she can't)....looks like they would need an indie label so they can do whatever they want....thats what older successful artists want to do anyway.

ShaDynasty
08-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Lauryn Hill is talented but her brain is fucked up, i think theres probably some sexual tension between Wyclef and Lauryn left from when they were together

I hope they patch it up, but i don't wanna hear her sing at all

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-02-2007, 04:09 AM
even if it takes forever to make a beat...I believe more in Lauryn then in Wyclef ( he fucked up an Ol'Dirty featuring song on a Sunz Of Man album, I'm never going to forgive him for that... )

venex
08-02-2007, 05:14 AM
^^that beat was nice, not great...but also not bad IMO

RAMESH
08-02-2007, 09:02 AM
i was a never fugee fan but there was this one track of the score called mista mista that i thought was funny

OTB
08-02-2007, 09:18 AM
what the blood clot yo-

petty bickering by the fugeez-

good example of how ill the wu are for
showing headz how to reunite time and
time again and stay fam

Professor Poopsnagle
08-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Yo Wyclef If You Read This I Can Help You Fugees:::

I Can Help You!!! A Friend Of Mine Makes Supadupa Beats His Name Is Heiner Schnaditzky And He Is Such A Great Hiphop Fan That He Wont Mind Lauryn Takin The Credits!!!

Dirty Knowledge
08-02-2007, 06:43 PM
^ lol

I agree with JTS, all their egos are just too much.

Assassinator
08-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Yo Wyclef If You Read This I Can Help You Fugees:::

I Can Help You!!! A Friend Of Mine Makes Supadupa Beats His Name Is Heiner Schnaditzky And He Is Such A Great Hiphop Fan That He Wont Mind Lauryn Takin The Credits!!!

lol your friend would first have to pay for Lauryn to take credit

Assassinator
08-02-2007, 09:30 PM
it's sad when shit like that happens between legendary groups.. but remember like us they're only human. shit like this happens all the time. even though it seems unlikely i still have faith that someday we'll get another album.

WuTangWarrior
08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
holy shit she looks like ASS now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGdQHoeg2ow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGdQHoeg2ow