PDA

View Full Version : 400 Degreez = Classic (heres why)

HarlemDiplomat
08-01-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm in no way a fan of the modern Southern sound.

Though I have to admit, I liked No Limit and Cash Money when they were on the rise... because the sound was fresh, new, and energetic and was nothing like this Crunk or Snap music shit.

Juvenile - 400 Degreez shaped the sounds of the time and indeed marked the rise of the South as ShaolinAssassin wrote.

It also showcased Mannie Fresh's production style that fused the New Orleans based Jazz and hip-hop,

introduced Juvenile to mainstream hip hop listeners,

and was the first appearance of Lil Wayne being that it dropped before Hot Boyz and The Block Is Hot.

400 Degreez = classic by the 5 Keys

do you agree?

Prolifical ENG
08-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I can agree with that because I was in high school when that dropped...like grade 10 or 11 so of course I liked it.

No Limit was better than people criticize them today...although they did have some weak points. I have 2 copies of Ghetto D....my friend is distributing the 10th anniversary edition because its Virgin records so I got the new one too. I like the orange plastic case OG copy.

beautifulrock
08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
yes, wholeheartedly, but most heads on here won't agree because they probably heard it once and threw it out. dope album.

classic tracks
Ha
Back that azz up
gone ride with me
flossin season
ghetto children
follow me now
welcome to tha nolia
rich niggaz
juvenile on fire
400 degreez

SaqurakiHanamichi
08-01-2007, 04:24 PM

Though I have to admit, I liked No Limit and Cash Money when they were on the rise... because the sound was fresh, new, and energetic and was nothing like this Crunk or Snap music shit.

Juvenile - 400 Degreez shaped the sounds of the time and indeed marked the rise of the South as ShaolinAssassin wrote.

It also showcased Mannie Fresh's production style that fused the New Orleans based Jazz and hip-hop,

and was the first appearance of Lil Wayne being that it dropped before Hot Boyz and The Block Is Hot.

do you agree?

im with u ..
back in the day i grew up with that cash money shit,
back in the day near 2000 man music was poppin

11th Chamber
08-01-2007, 06:24 PM
This thread was built for me!

CLASSIC!! One of my Top 5 personal favorites of all time.

TAURO
08-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I never liked No Limit and I hated Cash Money, the only thing worse than their music was their album covers...urgh

Dr Sleepwalker
08-01-2007, 07:39 PM
stayed in a NY state of mind when I first started listenin' to rap

... checked it later on 'n what not... it' was aite.. nuffin' special ta me.. 2/5

baritone
08-01-2007, 09:21 PM
I never liked No Limit and I hated Cash Money, the only thing worse than their music was their album covers...urgh
co-sign, they album covers was wack as fuck

Come Honor Face
08-01-2007, 10:41 PM
I hated this shit then, and I hate it now. Just my opinion.

The Hound
08-02-2007, 04:03 AM
why do, when people give props to a southern artist/album they have to officialy come out and say they're not a fan of that style?

anyways, the album is dope as fuck. back in high school (around 2000) a dude sold me this album for $5 and i loved it ever since dope shit 4/5 for me

Come Honor Face
08-02-2007, 04:06 AM
why do, when people give props to a southern artist/album they have to officialy come out and say they're not a fan of that style?

Because it's so wack!

Longbongcilvaringz
08-02-2007, 04:17 AM
i would give this album a shot....but both ShaolinAssassin and SaqurakiHanamichi like it, so its most likely trash.

sorry.

beautifulrock
08-02-2007, 04:38 AM
my top 5 southern rap albums

1. aquemini
2. southernplayalisticmuzik
3. soul food
4. 400 degreez
5. speakerboxxx/the love below

ShaDynasty
08-02-2007, 04:47 AM

your first 4 are classics but are you serious? big bois disc was incredibly average, and pretty much all of love below sucked. I mean seriously that is an terrible record. It sounds something like Cameo reinterpreting Elton John demos. Truly fuckin awful record.

beautifulrock
08-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Yea, guess that's why it was album of the year at the grammys, you are right though, it doesn't belong on that list, it is so far and beyond a rap album. How bout 5. ATLiens instead?

DJMethods
08-02-2007, 04:54 AM
I've never been as pissed off as the day I bought that Speakerboxx/Love Below album

ShaDynasty
08-02-2007, 04:58 AM
Yea, guess that's why it was album of the year at the grammys, you are right though, it doesn't belong on that list, it is so far and beyond a rap album. How bout 5. ATLiens instead?

now its basically a top 5 dungeon family list
but i aint hatin, OutKast were my favorite group for many years, and i still love their first 4 albums and ill always check out what theyre doing. The Idlewild album was disappointing to me, it just felt like a continuation of 'speakerbox...' ie not a proper OutKast album.

hide1998
08-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Outkast hasn't released anything lower than 4/5 in my opinion. Speakerboxx was a very very great album in my opinion (ditto to The Love Below, it's just not a hip-hop album). Idlewild is one of my all time favorite soundtracks.

CEITEDMOFO
08-02-2007, 09:19 AM

do you agree?
YEA YOU WOULD LIKE WACK ASS CASH MONEY , THIS IS WHY NONE OF YOUR HIP HOP OPINIONS COUNT

Dante
08-02-2007, 09:38 AM

ATLiens on number one would look better.

DUMBO
08-02-2007, 10:14 AM

do you agree?

i go on the internet and tell ppl that i am not a fan of some wack fag-hop groups... but i like their music... then i give a bunch of stupid reasons... then i ask others their opinion in hopes of defraying the obvious questions regarding my overall retardness and sexuality... then i go to another thread and do the same thing... then the lateshowhost calls me a gimp... and i respond with stupid metaphors and pictures i downloaded... then i go and ask my mother what 'culero' means... then i finger my ass-hole... then i return to my PC and tell people that i am not gay... all the while smelling my finger and licking my 'mouse'.

J.T.S.
08-02-2007, 12:49 PM
This album was good i wouldn't call it classic though

J.T.S.
08-02-2007, 12:50 PM
I've never been as pissed off as the day I bought that Speakerboxx/Love Below album

I thought the same at first but this album grew on me, but know it gets no plays.

11th Chamber
08-02-2007, 02:14 PM

I feel the same exact way. What sucked most was there was like 3 other albums I saw I wanted, but for some reason I bought the Outkast. Not saying anything against them, but I just never got into the album that much

CharlesJones
08-02-2007, 03:45 PM
LOL@Sosa dissing Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below album. Andre is a weirdo and Outkast is wack. Their first album is the only one i like. I liked Juvenile's first album. My favorites on that album are Ha and Back That Ass Up. Juvenile has been disappointing me lately. Juve The Great album sucked but i liked In My Life and Bounce Back songs. I haven't heard his last album Reality Check. Baby aka Birdman dissed Juvenile saying that Juvenile can't be successful without Cash Money. I disagree because Juvenile doesn't need Baby.

Dirty Knowledge
08-02-2007, 05:39 PM
G-Code was better to me.

TSA
08-02-2007, 06:09 PM
hahahahah if i like it then it must be trash.

j/p.

400 degreez is a classic through and through, ppl on here are gonna hate cause they're stuck on NY, and old shit, which is cool, but idk why ppl assume it sucks before hearing it.

I agree with Beautiful Rock on the tracks

Ha( "you dick got hard lookin at them broads huh?" lol, southern classic)

Back that azz up(international big booty bitch anthem, after this one everyone should have gave it up, plus Wayne at the end was a perfect touch)

gone ride with me( i LOOOVVEEE Juvi's voice on this joint and all the melody struggle and pain in his flow, shits deep)

flossin season( This shit was stuck in my head for a year "Big daddy light the room like chrriisstmmass" lol)

ghetto children("Up until then, ima be smoking up by the project buildin" again the struggle and pain that comes through in his voice is amazing, no rapper can bring that out as well as he did on this album)

follow me now( perfection)

welcome to tha nolia(sick ass beat lyrics, whatever)

rich niggaz( "loud pipes big rims sorry that's our life, when i pull up in the club sorry that's our knief" lol hottest shit he's ever done. Cashmoney KILLS it, and that "Monkey See Monkey Do" is hands down the greatest vocals i've ever heard on a rap records, being african(my uncles talk like that) that shit really got me, shit had white boys in nebraska talking like jamaicans all year lol)

juvenile on fire(he was...he was)

400 degreez( "See me i eat, sleep, shit, and talk rap" n "Faraway for your home you'z an alien")

you forgot UPT. UT fuckin P homes. GRIMMMIEEESSTTTTTT shit ever. BG was on some cut throat shit, Juv's voice was gold, and the beat was gutter.

this album is a hands down classic, if you judge it before listening your really missing out. That's like ppl that judge 36 chambers or wu in general before giving it a try, or decide they don't like Wu cause they heard a U-God album. Cashmoney had some shitters, but 400 degreez was a fuckin gift. Counting it out is a loss for anyone dumb enough to do that.

Plus it's crrazzyy materialistic, but before them nobody was really talking about the shit they were talking about in such excess so it sounded like a new style to me. it's obviously played out now but so's the whole Mafioso and cocain rap. Therefore you can't say Cuban Linx is played out cause when they did it it sounded like a new style and that made it classic.

11th Chamber
08-02-2007, 07:56 PM
hahahahah if i like it then it must be trash.

j/p.

400 degreez is a classic through and through, ppl on here are gonna hate cause they're stuck on NY, and old shit, which is cool, but idk why ppl assume it sucks before hearing it.

I agree with Beautiful Rock on the tracks

Ha( "you dick got hard lookin at them broads huh?" lol, southern classic)

Back that azz up(international big booty bitch anthem, after this one everyone should have gave it up, plus Wayne at the end was a perfect touch)

gone ride with me( i LOOOVVEEE Juvi's voice on this joint and all the melody struggle and pain in his flow, shits deep)

flossin season( This shit was stuck in my head for a year "Big daddy light the room like chrriisstmmass" lol)

ghetto children("Up until then, ima be smoking up by the project buildin" again the struggle and pain that comes through in his voice is amazing, no rapper can bring that out as well as he did on this album)

follow me now( perfection)

welcome to tha nolia(sick ass beat lyrics, whatever)

rich niggaz( "loud pipes big rims sorry that's our life, when i pull up in the club sorry that's our knief" lol hottest shit he's ever done. Cashmoney KILLS it, and that "Monkey See Monkey Do" is hands down the greatest vocals i've ever heard on a rap records, being african(my uncles talk like that) that shit really got me, shit had white boys in nebraska talking like jamaicans all year lol)

juvenile on fire(he was...he was)

400 degreez( "See me i eat, sleep, shit, and talk rap" n "Faraway for your home you'z an alien")

you forgot UPT. UT fuckin P homes. GRIMMMIEEESSTTTTTT shit ever. BG was on some cut throat shit, Juv's voice was gold, and the beat was gutter.

this album is a hands down classic, if you judge it before listening your really missing out. That's like ppl that judge 36 chambers or wu in general before giving it a try, or decide they don't like Wu cause they heard a U-God album. Cashmoney had some shitters, but 400 degreez was a fuckin gift. Counting it out is a loss for anyone dumb enough to do that.

Plus it's crrazzyy materialistic, but before them nobody was really talking about the shit they were talking about in such excess so it sounded like a new style to me. it's obviously played out now but so's the whole Mafioso and cocain rap. Therefore you can't say Cuban Linx is played out cause when they did it it sounded like a new style and that made it classic.

And dont forget Run For It. Juve and Wayne were too nasty on that. One of the best Lil Wayne verses from the Cash Money era.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-02-2007, 10:11 PM
change your fucking sig ThaShaolinAssassin

baritone
08-03-2007, 01:25 AM
^^^ co-sign

Come Honor Face
08-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Ok. So it is a SOUTHERN classic. That aint sayin much.

The Antagonist
08-03-2007, 04:47 PM

because theres a bunch of nerdy faggots on this site...

Because it's so wack!
...like this guy^^

The Antagonist
08-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Ok. So it is a SOUTHERN classic. That aint sayin much.
fag

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-03-2007, 05:14 PM

1. aquemini
2. southernplayalisticmuzik
3. soul food
4. 400 degreez

Because I respect your mustache I will give 400 degreez a listen...

beautifulrock
08-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Because I respect your mustache I will give 400 degreez a listen...

lol @ my mustache

400 degreez is like a 1969 bordeaux Cabernet Savignon, sure it's great but not everybody is gonna appreciate it. And you gotta let breathe first.

HarlemDiplomat
08-03-2007, 06:59 PM
YEA YOU WOULD LIKE WACK ASS CASH MONEY , THIS IS WHY NONE OF YOUR HIP HOP OPINIONS COUNT

And yours do?