PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 08 / Madden 08

Dirty Knowledge
08-02-2007, 06:57 PM
What's up no one likes sports games? I know this board ain't full'a nerds.

Sup with LIVE / Madden ya'll? Anyone got news, links, rosters updates?

I'm definitly copping, since both will be on the PS2.

11th Chamber
08-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Ill be in line of the night Madden drops.

Doing the usual with the boys. Get weed, get Madden, get bunch of food.

360 for me tho.

First year gettin it for next gen. If Madden is anything like NCAA Football 08 for the 360, its gonna kick ass

2L8Lit da croatianMC
08-03-2007, 01:36 AM
ill copp nba live when it comes out... dont have any information about it though... i played every nba live since 99... i love that shit...

CEITEDMOFO
08-03-2007, 03:19 AM
In The States Everyone Stopped Buying The Nba Lives Since 2007 And Switched On To Nba2k7, I Hope Live Makes A Comeback This Yr For 08' But I Doubt Its Gonna Happen,

For Madden Games I Never Got Into Them Shits

OH YEA FOR LIVE GAMES I HAD THEM SINCE THEY WAS NBA SHOWDOWNS

HANZO
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
nba 2k7 was soo much better than any nba live game. i will stick with the 2k series for now.

Suga Duga
08-03-2007, 02:10 PM
the last NBA Live was terrible, the were more bugs than in '06...anyway I'm gonna dl live 2008

RynMur
08-03-2007, 04:31 PM
I'll be renting Madden before buying it. I loved it for PS2 all these years, but when It came out for PS3 and 360, it wasn't as fun. They changed alot of the gameplay, and it seemed to be less skill involved.

wufan10304
08-03-2007, 10:43 PM
NBA live is terrible. 2k stay dropping bombs on EA. i think madden will probably be a better football game then that AF2k8 that just dropped. I think EA thinks its all about graphics. graphics is nice and all, but if the gameplay is terrible, the graphics dont mean shit. 2k has it all, good graphics, and realistic animations. step it up EA

11th Chamber
08-04-2007, 02:36 AM
I just payed for my copy of Madden 08. So all I gotta do now is just walk in on Aug. 14th, take it and be out

netscape check two
08-04-2007, 01:47 PM
The camera views for last year's NBA Live sucked. NBA 2K had a countless number of camera views, and NBA Live only had a few.

What year does EA Sports exclusive rights to use current NFL players thing end? I'd like to see NFL 2K come back. Those games were more entertaining than Madden.

On a side note, I forget why, but you know how 2K Sports has the rights to use current major league baseball player names/likenesses, so EA Sports can't use current player names... But how come 989 Sports can use current baseball player names? Is that cause they are Sony?

Dirty Knowledge
08-04-2007, 07:09 PM
If anything, Madden got worst since like '04/'05.

NBA Live only has a few major problems IMO.

One is that rebounding is horrible, at times. Usually it doesn't really matter. Your guy will occasionally run past a rebound, not grabbing it, or just let it go by him.

There's a glitch, that only matters for Online play, that a guy can go super-fast by doing half-dribbles or someshit like that.

Quick shots are gay, Online, but only glitchers do that. If you play the game right, you shouldn't have no problems.

What are your guys main's problems that makes you say Live sucks? For all it's worth.. 2k can't be THAT much better, though I've never played so I won't judge.

liquid_1_
08-14-2007, 12:00 AM
hopefully madden this year wont have that annoying ass pause in between plays(ps2..not sure about this happenin to the other systems.).if they fix that up that would be good..im pickin up my copy tommorow. :]

L~>1<~NKS
08-14-2007, 01:36 PM
I despise EA sports. Madden and Live are straight caca comared to 2k. I jus wish there was NFL licensed 2k game like there was for XBOX. I mean I read that EA has acquired the ESPN license and didn't even use it on Madden! That's what was so ill about the 2k series - that ESPN presentation wif the replays and the shows @ half time, etc.

Im passin this Madden up once again, even though I heard it's much better than any Madden ever.

FYI it runs faster on X360.......... aaaaaahahahahahaaaaaa to DJMethods.

11th Chamber
08-14-2007, 04:08 PM
I despise EA sports. Madden and Live are straight caca comared to 2k. I jus wish there was NFL licensed 2k game like there was for XBOX. I mean I read that EA has acquired the ESPN license and didn't even use it on Madden! That's what was so ill about the 2k series - that ESPN presentation wif the replays and the shows @ half time, etc.

Im passin this Madden up once again, even though I heard it's much better than any Madden ever.

FYI it runs faster on X360.......... aaaaaahahahahahaaaaaa to DJMethods.

YEAAAA, ESPN 2K5 for the XBOX was my shit. Best football game ever.

Altho right now im playin the second best football game ever, Madden 08 for the 360. This game is insane.

BTW, Madden does use the ESPN lisence, just not to the extent that 2K5 did. Its dope when you go on XBOX Live you get to listen to ESPN radio n shit. And get the ESPN ticker at the bottom. cool shit.

The presentation is great too. Replays are sick. The halftime show im pretty sure is only when you're in season or dynasty mode. Not just a quick game

I couldent recommend this game any more.

Icurus
08-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Dont buy the PS3 version of madden. I work at a game store, mom and pop one. We had madden for about a week or so. So, we started selling early as soon as we got it. Well, alot of people have been coming back saying they want to return or exchange it after opening it. Well, we give store credit, anyway, apparently the madden 08 on the PS3 has really really bad frame rate issues. The 360 one frame rate wise is almost flawless, but also people Dont like the game in general, I guess there are power-ups or something, and it doesnt feel like a real football game. Wow, sounds like megaman, power-ups. Is that true or people messing with me. I am at work now, and someone just said that. Well, its quiet here, besides this customer. Peace.

BRONZBODY
08-14-2007, 06:50 PM
just cause ps3 is 30fps and 360 is 60 fps dosent make it a worse game

just slower thats all

Hollow Dartz
08-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Yo hit me up on Madden 08 my name is Eggshells

Dirty Knowledge
08-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Is that Ps2 Hollowz? Mine's DubzNup.

Madden sucks, as expected. It's too easy to bomb. They need a double coverage feature. I'm tired of Madden, as I always am, after a day and a half of playing it.

I hope NBA Live 08 doesn't dissapoint! They're adding EURO teams from the FIFA tourny, so that's COOL! I hope you can use them online, would be 10x cooler.

NBA Live for LIFE.

Hollow Dartz
09-09-2007, 08:30 PM
yea yea

L~>1<~NKS
09-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Live has been wizack since it left Super NES and Genesis.

You need to check NBA 2K8:

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41584

Dirty Knowledge
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
It's a ripoff Live.

L~>1<~NKS
09-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Ha!

Come on Dirty let's not get ignant.... I jus D-loaded Live and that shit iz 1nce again... caca.

Players look and play madd generic. Almost as if you were playin' a CGI NBA game. And the contolds feel like the take dumb long to respond.

A lil better but not for a buy I think.