PDA

View Full Version : New Public Enemy

Billy Danzenie
08-10-2007, 12:01 AM
How You Sell Soul To A Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul?

http://www.publicenemy.com/index.php?page=buy_album

http://www.publicenemy.com/images/pe_cover_promo/soul_cover_b.jpg

01. How You Sell Soul to a Souless People Who Sold Their Soul?
02. Black Is Back
03. Harder Than You Think
04. Between Hard and a Rock Place
05. Sex, Drugs & Violence
06. Amerikan Gangster
07. Can You Here Me Now
08. Head Wide Shut
09. Flavor Man
10. Enemy Battle Hymn of the Public
11. Escapism
12. Frankenstar
13. Col-Leepin
14. Radiation of a Radiotvmovie Nation
15. See Something, Say Something
16. Long and Whining Road
17. Bridge of Pain
18. Eve of Destruction
19. How You Sell Soul (Time Is God Refrain)

L~>1<~NKS
08-10-2007, 12:05 AM
i ask mah self that ? everyday, g.

Billy Danzenie
08-10-2007, 01:49 AM
don't ignore this is a great album

lips
08-10-2007, 04:18 AM
dope album

Ink Is My Drink
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
i was wodnerign when a thread would be made about this

the video for the song harder than you think is good such a good song

its weird i thoguht public enemy would get big props on this website

tragedykhadafi12
08-10-2007, 02:30 PM
definitely, public enemy is a legendary group!

junius
08-10-2007, 04:00 PM
hate to say this because i hoped for better but... this album is whack... Chuck's lyric are still OK but everything else is just fucking dead, as they've mostly been since "Apocalypse 91," tho' parts of "He Got Game" were pretty good.

PE gets HUGE props here & everywhere but it's still hard to understand how far they have fallen... granted, they had furthest to fall of anyone but it's still a drag.

LORD ZERO
08-11-2007, 03:10 AM
its a good album but i have to say that i heard better from them, the replay value wasnt there like i imagined it would be

Sindrom
08-11-2007, 04:28 AM
I liked the songs i heard so far. Nice beats and always good lyrics.

DoomSystem
08-11-2007, 04:51 AM
Yo.. that song is crazy... I love Public Enemy --- they're the best Hip-Hop group of all time IMO ... besides the clan but its different 'cause the clan is a click of 9 mcs..

as far as best 2 man group ever its
Public Enemy
Run DMC
Gangstarr
Eric B & Rakim
EPMD
Pete Rock & CL Smooth

I saw PE live in BB kings in NYC--- they fucking tore it down --- it was the best show I've ever been too...

Support this shit --- the is the most hardcore real hip-hop ever made --- Public Enemy # 1 is New York, Public Enemy # 1 in London, Public Enemy # 1 in Oakland, Public Enemy # in Japan, Public Enemy # 1 in Baltimore, Public Enemy # in Philly, Public Enemy # 1 in Chicago, Public Enemy # 1 in Paris, Public Enemy # 1 in Brazil, Public Enemy # 1 in Croatia, Public Ebemy # 1 in Detroit, Public Enemy # 1 in Brooklyn, Public Enemy # 1 in Long Island, Public Enemy #1 in New Jersey

2L8Lit da croatianMC
08-11-2007, 07:44 AM
Harder Than U Think is a classic banger! Its all perfect, especially the beat...

THE W
08-11-2007, 10:59 AM
hmm...

the only track i was feeling is "harder than you think".

oh well, they're still legends.

Memory Man
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
i like the col' leepin' track, flav hasn't sounded like that in a long time.
i think it was also on his recent solo lp too though.

buckshotstheone
08-12-2007, 12:42 AM
first....PE and Run-DMC are not 2 man groups.

second....we still like nas and jay-z and krs and these dudes put out their best shit over a decade ago, doesn't mean their new albums suck

third.....this album is incredible, along with the new Keith Murray and BCC i think we got a nice trifecta in hip hop right now of good albums that got staying power.

Public Enemy did a great job on this release, I'm happy to say they are still around making good music

DJMethods
08-12-2007, 01:41 AM
That Harder Then You Think is just too nice, I always forget just how fuckin nice Chuck D is till I hear him again.. dope beat too, cant sit still during it.

I'm gonna get the album, hope the rest of it is nice

junius
08-12-2007, 11:11 PM
OK-- must be the heat, ** I take it back. ** Best PE since "He Got Game" & maybe Apocalypse '91. Plutonium, check it out again, Chuck is on fire in all of the different styles... I wasn't hearing it at first but I've spun this front to back seven times now...
even the fake G-Unit tune is excellent. Seriously, I'd give it a 9/10, it's as exellent or better than DJ Muggs/GZA, for example. I'll give track by track breakdown tomorrow maybe if nobody else does but don't fuck up (like I did, posting too quickly on a not attentive listen) & sleep on this.

Buckshot, I've not heard the Keith Murray; you really rank it that highly?

I can't remember if I mentioned it in my KRS-One live posting from last week but the funny thing about his excellent live show is tho' Kris doesn't curse, the hype man was allowed to motherfucker this & that, hah.

CharlesJones
08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Public Enemy hasn't made a tight album since Apocalypse 91 The Enemy Strikes Black. Chuck D is still lyrically good but their beats suck. Last album i heard from them was Musik N Hour Message that came out in 1994 and had the songs Give It Up, I Stand Accused, So Whatcha Gon Do Now. That album sucked. I like the messages Chuck D says in their songs but i don't like their beats anymore. Flavor Flav shouldn't even be in the group because he's ignorant. Only reason why he had some fine black women on his show Flavor Of Love is because he got money because if he didn't have that, those women wouldn't have been bothered with his ugly ass LOL.

oDoUoSoKo
08-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Chuck isnt writing all his stuff lately....dont know why but he isnt...so i wont check it out...sorry.

DoomSystem
08-13-2007, 10:16 PM
first....PE and Run-DMC are not 2 man groups.

second....we still like nas and jay-z and krs and these dudes put out their best shit over a decade ago, doesn't mean their new albums suck

third.....this album is incredible, along with the new Keith Murray and BCC i think we got a nice trifecta in hip hop right now of good albums that got staying power.

Public Enemy did a great job on this release, I'm happy to say they are still around making good music

Dukes... I love your enthusiasm to address this topic but lets see here -- how many MCs are in Run DMC --- let's see...uhm, 1 and ..uhm 2... I know Jam Master Jay was a big part of the group but you can also say EPMD isn't a two man group 'cause they got a DJ too, it ain't Erick Sermon out there on the wheels of Steel, feel me ... There is no need to make things overly complicated --- for simple purposes Run DMC is a group of 2 MCs and a DJ.. so I figured I could include them in that category just for kicks ... no need to overanalyze shit to the point you can't tell your head from your ass. Second.. PE is for all practical purposes a 2 Man Group... its Chuck & Flavor... yes, there's Professor Griff.. there used to be the Bomb Squad, Sistah Soujah was affiliate, Terminator X, Harry Allen... we can go on and an on... But the face of Public Enemy are Chuck D and Flavor Flav...that's why I say 2 man group... again, we can say they are a 5 man group or a 10 man group... but its 95% Chuck & Flavor --- I would say Hank and Keith Shoklee but the Bomb Squad is no longer in effect...

Regardess of your odd attempt to detract from what I was saying --- The new album is pretty ill..

Harder Than You Think
Frankenstar
and Sex Drug N Violence

are my favorite so far... still listening to more tracks to get a feel... KRS
kills it on Sex Drugs N Violence --- if you read the liner notes Chuck says thet KRS is the most feared MC of all time... I cosign that... when the Blastmaster is at the top of his game he can tear anyone to shreds...

DoomSystem
08-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Public Enemy hasn't made a tight album since Apocalypse 91 The Enemy Strikes Black. Chuck D is still lyrically good but their beats suck. Last album i heard from them was Musik N Hour Message that came out in 1994 and had the songs Give It Up, I Stand Accused, So Whatcha Gon Do Now. That album sucked. I like the messages Chuck D says in their songs but i don't like their beats anymore. Flavor Flav shouldn't even be in the group because he's ignorant. Only reason why he had some fine black women on his show Flavor Of Love is because he got money because if he didn't have that, those women wouldn't have been bothered with his ugly ass LOL.

Get GREATEST MISSES its excellent.. if you love Apocalypse 91 and Fear of a Black Planet, you'll love it

DoomSystem
08-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Chuck isnt writing all his stuff lately....dont know why but he isnt...so i wont check it out...sorry.

I think the only Album where he didn't write his own stuff was the one he did with Paris...and stated that flat out that he wanted to see what it was like to perform all music that was created for you -- in a was Sinatra did for example --- but this new album chuck wrote all his lyrics from what I understand... you can tell by listening to it..

lips
08-13-2007, 11:26 PM
I think the only Album where he didn't write his own stuff was the one he did with Paris...and stated that flat out that he wanted to see what it was like to perform all music that was created for you -- in a was Sinatra did for example --- but this new album chuck wrote all his lyrics from what I understand... you can tell by listening to it..

that was an experiment...letting paris write the lyrics. chuck wrote all his lyrics here.

buckshotstheone
08-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Dukes... I love your enthusiasm to address this topic but lets see here -- how many MCs are in Run DMC --- let's see...uhm, 1 and ..uhm 2... I know Jam Master Jay was a big part of the group but you can also say EPMD isn't a two man group 'cause they got a DJ too, it ain't Erick Sermon out there on the wheels of Steel, feel me ... There is no need to make things overly complicated --- for simple purposes Run DMC is a group of 2 MCs and a DJ.. so I figured I could include them in that category just for kicks ... no need to overanalyze shit to the point you can't tell your head from your ass. Second.. PE is for all practical purposes a 2 Man Group... its Chuck & Flavor... yes, there's Professor Griff.. there used to be the Bomb Squad, Sistah Soujah was affiliate, Terminator X, Harry Allen... we can go on and an on... But the face of Public Enemy are Chuck D and Flavor Flav...that's why I say 2 man group... again, we can say they are a 5 man group or a 10 man group... but its 95% Chuck & Flavor --- I would say Hank and Keith Shoklee but the Bomb Squad is no longer in effect...

Every Run-DMC album has all 3 dudes on the cover. since day 1 you always saw those three together, every picture of them has all 3, unlike EPMD who always photographed just them 2. i can see your point on the PE argument but Run-DMC was absolutely always known as a 3 man crew. Jam Master Jay was every bit a part of that group as the Rev or DMC

DoomSystem
08-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Ok... I see what you mean... Run DMC is a 3 man group... I was just kinda bunching them into that category because it was 2 mcs -- but as far as history goes, of course they were a 3 man group

CharlesJones
08-14-2007, 03:39 PM
I've heard PE's Greatest Misses album before. It was alright. I like Terminator X and Whodini's song It All Comes Down To Money. That song came out in 1994.

THE W
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
wsup with some of you catching feelings cuz people arent feelin this man? music is subjective yo.

i liked the muggs/gza album straight away. didnt have to try and force it down my own throat.

i'll give it another spin though just to be fair.

oDoUoSoKo
08-14-2007, 08:34 PM
i cood tell actually.

Memory Man
08-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Public Enemy hasn't made a tight album since Apocalypse 91 The Enemy Strikes Black. Chuck D is still lyrically good but their beats suck. Last album i heard from them was Musik N Hour Message.

everyone sleeps on this album:
http://www.youmakemusic.com/images/shop/53/9400004020.jpg
i think it's pretty solid.

Durag
08-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Rapreviews.com gave it a good review - http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2007_08_howyousellsoul.html

Might check this out havent heard much of PE's newer material in the last few years

lips
08-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Rapreviews.com gave it a good review - http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2007_08_howyousellsoul.html

Might check this out havent heard much of PE's newer material in the last few years

this album is dope. definately worth coppin'.

OTB
08-15-2007, 01:51 PM
new whirl odor iz fishscale-

#11 "check what youre listening to" iz one of my favorite PE joints ever-

dj lord totally murderz the beat and turntable cuts-

oDoUoSoKo
08-15-2007, 04:27 PM
MKLVFKWR is great.

DoomSystem
08-15-2007, 11:09 PM
new whirl odor iz fishscale-

#11 "check what youre listening to" iz one of my favorite PE joints ever-

dj lord totally murderz the beat and turntable cuts-

Yea.. I like that track alot and also the title track .. New Whirl Odor -- I think the new album is better tho overall... Public Enemy is crazy 'cause they bomb every kind of hardcore sound imaginable --- whether its Boom Bap, Hardcore Heavy Metal, Underground Acid Techno (which is dope as hell, I know most people ain't up on the likes of the Brooklyn Godfather DJ Frankie Bones, Adam X and the like but ya'll should be)... but yea, I'm real excited about PE hittin hard again... in the Clinton era, everything was too peaceful, people were getting rich off dot coms and shit like that -- so there wasn't that edgy feeling out there --- Chuck even said it himself -- during the Clinton era, it was like PE was just starting to sound angry --- but now with all the commercial crap taking over and all the fucked up shit going on in the world.. its a perfect time for PE to make a statement again --- All I know is if it wasn't for Public Enemy I would never be into Hip-Hop the way I am today, the shit they said was crazy... it just made you look up and be like... holy shit, he's talking about killing the slavemaster, hes talking revolution and it was REAL...

Ink Is My Drink
08-20-2007, 11:40 AM
i got the album yesterday and i think there a couple tracks that arnt that good (not many jus a couple) but there is a fair amount of tracks so ill let them off

its a really good album my fav tracks have to be harder than yuo think see somethign, say somethign and long and whining road def quality tracks there and i could name alot more

and the dvd is pretty good too

def worth getting

still feel like they not getting enough love on this board like i thoguht they would